The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

There are quite a few examples of Justices ruling in ways their appointer didn’t foresee and didn’t support so I think you’re right.

I’ve got to put on my naive hat once more…

I am of the feeling that Conservative and Liberal ideas can…and I emphasize can…have moderating influences on the extremes of both.

While it may feel good to the Tribe to have “their” Tribe’s picks have the greater influence on the Court; I think that in the end we all lose.

It’s looks like all things are heading toward a “Conservative” Court.
We’ll see how it all pans out.

1 Like

Facebook is handling this well

1 Like

That’s Twitter you old man

4 Likes

I pulled it off facebook!

Even I can recognize telegrams generated by the twitter machine.

2 Likes

We all know you follow @potus religiously.

1 Like

Fuck, this must be how Zep feels all the time… Disgraceful.

5 Likes

Silver lining. There’s a non zero chance this person doesn’t actually exist and is a Russian troll account meant to further the divide between Americans.

Guess that’s kinda a bronze lining…

3 Likes

What does forever mean when talking about an obese man over the age of 70?

2 Likes

Damn. They live in a constant state of hysteria don’t they? I have heard some of the most outlandish things being said in regards to the upcoming appointment and most of them make absolutely no sense. They lack a basic understanding what the Supreme Court does. Do they still teach Government and Civics in schools?

1 Like

Who knows.

Given the recent history of American politics (bypassing Congress en masse with EOs, legislating from the bench, random acts of obstruction from either side in Congress), would these classes even be all that relevant?

Maybe we should force incoming politicians to take an intro to government class… Only half kidding

I like how birth control was thrown in there.

1 Like

And get a real job working alongside real Americans.

1 Like

As if Trump isn’t a big believer in that.

Well, I hate to say it but Zeb got this one right. The only reason to vote Trump–if one was going to vote Trump as a conservative–was the ability to pick 2 SCOTUS justices.

He’ll be insufferable if he comes back lol.

1 Like

Or more…

And don’t forget, @Aragorn ; in many cases even more important than the SCOTUS; is the filling of the appellate Courts with Conservatives.

I’m not sure what a “Cultural War” win actually gets you…but it seems to me that Conservatives are winning where it counts…the Courts; and in Governerships and State Legislatures throughout the Nation.

It’s beyond laughable to call Trump a Conservative. (Unless he became a “Born Again” one along the way).

He is riding the Wave and getting his enormous ego fed in the process.

1 Like

The people who fund conservatism see the demographic writing on the wall. They know their preferred instantiation of the GOP cannot survive as a viable national party. Rather than adapt, they have chosen to mount a Custer’s Last Stand in the only branch of government they know they can control unchallenged for 20-40 years–the judiciary. In short, they will endeavor to protect and extend their interests via the courts.