The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

Yep…

That damn “We Love Hillary” Democratic Caucus is lethal…

1 Like

Oh right, simmering anger over the election is something I’ve imagined. You’re really going to do that?

Well, I’d say his history as a partisan hatchetman is a legit concern re his fitness for elevation to the SCOTUS.

2 Likes

Part of a duly appointed investigation? Sorry if Bill decided to lie while leaving his DNA everywhere.That evidence thing.

So, yes. it was front and center on their minds. And, your choice of language…Just as they perceive it too, I’m certain.

And it’s all fine. Really. But let’s be honest, he was right.

The veil has slipped all right.

It is all partisan. My thing is, he was actually being honest to point out what we all know. Further, I find it bizarre that we’d expect some stone-faced drooling dolt, who’d have to be completely oblivious to the environment he is in, to be wise enough to sit on the bench…

Indeed it was…

1 Like

/Narrows his eyes…

Indeed…

Someone (Bauber?) posted much earlier that this Supreme Court stuff isn’t really going to affect any of our daily lives due to the status quo -power + big money rules, same shit, different clothes. I tend to agree…well, except for Justice Roberts and ObamaCare (it’s a tax!) LOL.

It’s evil, a little, but I will take (great) pleasure in the fact that the same people who propped up Trump because he was the one clown HRC could easily defeat…and then cried afterwards, are the same people who tried to witch trial someone’s life, and are now apoplectic over this farce’s conclusion -a galvanized Justice Kavanaugh! Unlike President Trump, Justice Kavanaugh will last for decades…notwithstanding EyeDentist’s unicorn vision of Kavanaugh’s future impeachment.

1 Like

You don’t remember? She was supposed to win. It was her turn. Trump cut in front of her, cheated, and stole the electoral college votes.

1 Like

@EyeDentist

Wrt Samuel Chase:
'in Jefferson’s day. His Democratic-Republicans enjoyed more than a two-thirds majority in the Senate and weren’t able to pull it off."

Why? It seems like they are the only ones who have been paying.

1 Like

Why not? We thought he was wise enough to be president.

No, she isn’t. She’s done.

I hear her mentioned by Trump more than the democrats. He needs to keep reviving that horse.

1 Like

Anyone here who is coherent. But if evidence isn’t needed to prove accusations true, then I guess Ford was telling the truth.

Gottem! Hey, I am not going to defend Trump.

Right, of course.

Someone should alert the media and the DNC.

That’s ok, but I’d ask this - if a liberal SCOTUS used his/her Senate hearing to rage against FoxNews or the Koch brothers, would you feel the same?

It’s probably going to upset you to learn that the so-called originalists on the court are activists, just of a different stripe. They are happy to abandon the concept of disinterested originalism to generate results they want. See Citizens United and McDonald v. Chicago.

2 Likes

And honestly, of course he’s a partisan - his nomination was probably proof of that from the outset. He had to go before Trump and convince him he’d be the right man for SCOTUS. Does anyone think Kavanaugh sat in front of Trump and delved into judicial philosophy and understanding of constitutional principles? Of course not. Trump is dumb as a box of rocks - he would have no idea about any of that, and worse, he has no curiosity to learn. He wanted to hear which candidate for the bench would make the “libs” cry and torment them with decisions to punish them. If Kavanaugh rose to the top of the list, it’s most likely because he pandered to Trump on those grounds as opposed to impressing him with legal acumen and demonstrated scholarship.

But, that’s neither here nor there. Elections have consequences.

1 Like

I had not even thought about that.

Kavanaugh’s “spontaneous” and passionate rant seemed to have revealed a lot by itself…

But hey…he is Justice Kavanaugh now…