The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Good update. Seems like a guilty plea was pretty in order here

2 Likes

That one on the far left looks like sheā€™s about to go into full on angel of death mode. Either that or poopin on dudes leg.

Its hard to tell when they reach that level of goofiness. Possibly even both?

1 Like

Whaaaaaat the actual fuck.

In no universe is this anything a person with a working brain stem should say.

2 Likes

but it came from a ā€œleading legal academicā€ (just another example of ā€˜appeal to authorityā€™ going terribly wrong)

1 Like
1 Like

Cwill, I sometimes disagree with what you say especially when you stated that the UK was the incubator for stupid. And I get that controls for you seem to be an issue but in this one we are on the same page. I am trying to fathom if their could be some weird technical loop hole for this but I canā€™t, canā€™t even get close.

Btw from the arguments Iā€™ve seen on this forum, Iā€™m pretty sure the PWI is the incubator for stupid :wink:

Just WOW. I canā€™t get my head around that at all. Thereā€™s no reason to discourage breast-feeding and Iā€™ve long thought it was a crime that so many poor women in 3rd world countries think itā€™s better to buy formula, often when they canā€™t afford it.

ā€œThe American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all women capable of breast-feeding do so exclusively for the first six months after birth, with no formula supplementation. Only 15% of women met this guideline in 2008ā€¦ā€

1 Like

Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh. I am afraid the US is headed to where the UK is now and I donā€™t anticipate a change in direction.

Ha ha ha Iā€™m actually worried we are heading towards you! I think we both probably see the media portray the shit bits of our countries. I do roll my eyes at some of the articles in the guardian (which can have great football mbm) but I think sometimes they allow articles as thought experiments, I hope. Have you ever been over here? I used to visit my sister in Michigan, easy adjustment tbh

I havenā€™t been yet. Weā€™re planning a European trip next summer and I hope to include London at the least in our trip.

2 Likes

ā€œā€¦the city council voted unanimously to block city agencies from working with the department (ICE).ā€

What the fuck.

1 Like

Honestly, I find all of this pretty interesting. Small cities and states are basically saying fuck you to the (imo) to powerful central government. Itā€™s like a less educated 21st century version on the Federalists Vs. the Anti-Federalists.

I am not even remotely surprised. She couldnā€™t be a wetter Tory if we had to fish her out of the Thames.

1 Like

"Representatives from the Los Angeles Rapid Response Network joined the Oakland protesters. According to their website, they are a ā€œa network of volunteer lawyers and community organizers who stand ready to respond to immigration raids and increased enforcement affecting Los Angeles County and beyond.ā€

The network told local news that they were trying to reach the people in the house and inform them of their rights."

Making America better, by giving free legal aid to one international child sex trafficker at a time. I canā€™t even fathom how the conversation goes when this charity asks for funds from supporters.

3 Likes

Itā€™s actually really easy to leave out the specifics and gain support from people that would never dream of being on your side.

ā€œWe push back against an over reaching federal government who is trying to take rights away from the states and further consolidate power at the swamp that is DC.ā€

2 Likes

Human trafficking can be forcibly moving someone from one residence to another, not just across national borders. Thatā€™s a major problem; children being sex trafficked around neighborhoods. Any law enforcement trying to deal with that is up against it for a number of reasons. Also, modern slavery is a big issue but doesnā€™t get the media coverage.

My guess was it was across borders because ICE was there. Hence the hysteria from protesters. They havenā€™t released the identities of the accused and the took them out with bags on their heads, so time will tell in that case.

Yeah if you really want to read about human slavery look up how they get laborers to harvest red palm oil. I think @loppar spoke to seeing Indonesian construction slaves in person in UAE if I recall correctly. Scary stuff.

1 Like

I canā€™t figure out if Trump is the greatest troll of all time or if heā€™s just completely bonkers. Is Putin a good dude or is Russia the bad guy. I donā€™t get itā€¦

1 Like