The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Thanks for the chuckle lol

1 Like

2 Likes

Brah, whatcha got against hip-hop???

Depends what era of hip-hop you’re talking about. I haven’t listened to any new hip-hop since the early 2000’s - I hear there’s a thing called mumble rap now-a-days that I want absolutely zero part in. If I die without allowing any of that, what seems like, garbage from leaking into my ears, I’ll consider my life a success…

1 Like

Oh, Maxine…

1 Like

What the…

5 Likes

I almost posted this in one of Zep’s threads, she’s the CEO of some California based weed company…

I thought medical-water was legal in CA?

1 Like

I dunno, man, Cali is pretty nutz…

1 Like

At least she didn’t choke the kid to death like the poor bastard in NYC selling cigarettes.

What sort of first world problem BS is this
Unliscensed street vendors:

dce

2 Likes

She said something like (paraphrasing) “I just wanted to make sure what she was doing is legal.” She’s selling water, idiot. GTFO.

1 Like

I can usually stretch a little and understand the mindset in a given circumstance, but not here.

This has given me a case of the whatthefucks like nothing else. What kind of vermin has to crawl up ones ass to become upset with something like that?

I also love how patronizing/racist someone trying to be empathetic was in the article, with the kid probably needing the money.

Why? Because she’s black? Can’t a black kid be enterprising and cute simultaneously and just for the hell of it?

There are layers of wtf built into that one.

4 Likes

Weaves aren’t cheap.

The mortgage industry is up to its old tricks again…

3 Likes

“It’s entirely situational and it depends on your comfort with having less liquidity,” says Jason Bateman, head of Redfin Mortgage. “If putting more money down hurts your ability to adapt to unseen expenses, it can put you in a jam.”

Translation: “pay us more interest!”

2 Likes

Yeah!

I dropped a bomb on our car payment which eliminated it. My wife got nervous about it and thought I was just being my usual numerically neurotic self.

6 mos. later I’m like “Hey hon, check out that bank account!..”
Her: puzzled “Why, what’s wrong?”.
Me " Nothing! Just look.".
Her “Oh!.. So where are we going on vacation?”.

4 Likes

They’re not entirely wrong. I spent time doing both foreclosed home inspections and working at a mortgage company. Personal liquidity is THE driving force behind the snowball effect of crippling debt that millions are in.

Also when they talk about competing debt it’s not a small portion of the population. The vast majority of people buying homes these days have another source of debt (whether it be car, student loans, a credit card, etcetc). Statistically it’s very unlikely that any of those sources of debt will have a longer term OR a higher interest rate.

I didn’t put 20% down on my house when I bought it. Given how low interest rates are/were it just doesn’t make sense financially if you have other sources of debt.

Yeah. I put less than 20% down on my 3.25% rate home in 2013. But I did the math and realized that without extra principle-only payments I’d be paying many tens of thousands of dollars in extra interest over 30 years.

3 Likes

Normally I’d say 20% only really makes sense in situations with no competing debt. Otherwise you have the outpacing ability of paying off higher % debt and snowballing the savings into your lower % debt

2 Likes

I only have a mortgage for debt and didn’t put anything down on my last house. I lived there for 2 years, six days and walked away with 40% of my principle. On my current house, I put 7.5% down. I’m not going to own this house for more than 2-5 years. No sense burying my liquidity in a home I’m not going to live in long.

My money is making me more money than the cost of the added interest.

I think paying off all short term, non-asset backed debt is first priority, then short term asset-backed. Then, maybe, pay off the home.

4 Likes