The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Couple questions: How can one give back nothing? And how can everyone be using nothing? What a paradox this is…

2 Likes

That’s why I’m saying worst neighbor ever. Its not like a drill bit or the hedge trimmers.

1 Like

They gave nothing and expect nothing back … terrible.

Does that make them… Indian givers?

1 Like

No, just Indians who give zero. Not sure if they gave any Indians in the transaction :wink:

EDIT: And here we are, validating this thread’s title

4 Likes

I wondered about this. Apparently Twitter called it a “Twitter Moment” which caused it to be picked up by every media outlet on the planet, and also signaled all the SJWs to bully this high school girl.

This is a 20-year-old college kid, who is feeling some power here with his fake outrage. He’s not a victim, he’s a bully. And he’s been indoctrinated by some progressive college professors who are raising “the resistance.” Then they’ll tell you that there is no such thing as Cultural Marxism. The really troubling thing is that progressives do not know where to draw lines on extremists on the left, or they don’t believe they have any extremists. Somewhere between the civil rights era and millions of dead people, there’s a line where things get really, really ugly and authoritarians start telling people what they can say and do.

I don’t know if you guys saw these.

LamA

LamB

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not surprising. Like I wrote above, people like this guy are usually racist in the first place. I’ll bet he also despises REAL Chinese tradition. Very Orwellian if you think about it IMO.

1 Like

Trump, along with his minions in the conservative-controlled House and the conservative-controlled Senate, is 1) waging war on the free press and the rule of law, 2) intentionally undermining public confidence in our bedrock institutions, 3) destroying American credibility around the world, and 4) exacerbating social and political divisions by demagogue-ing Democrats, immigrants and Moozlems. But the real danger to our American way of life is some kid-snowflake who popped off on Twitter.

Color me gobsmacked.

Let’s agree on something. Ethical people on the right should draw HARD lines on white supremacy and fascism.

Where should ethical people on the left draw their lines? I don’t believe the authoritarian progressives know where to draw lines. Their acceptance of this kind of thing exposes that.

Did he bully her? Yes or No.

How do Trump’s actions justify this kid, and all the people teaching him that this is a legitimate way to behave in the world? Isn’t that called whataboutism, when we say… “but, but what about Trump?”

2 Likes

Some Mainland Chinese opinions.

HK journalist’s opinions on Trump. May or may not belong in this thread lol. I have no comment.

Fascism is where the left and the right meet.

About the second link.

Can you imagine if Trump’s negotiations were able to pull that off? A unified or at least peaceful Korean peninsula and getting them to give up their nuclear weapons?

Most reasonable people agree on this. Unreasonable people will just stretch the definition of those two words so anything they don’t agree with amounts to one, the other, or both.

2 Likes

I won’t comment on Trump other than his winning the election got me quite a bit of winnings at the bookies and several cartons of beer from betting with friends and the “Little Rocket Man” comment kept me laughing for days lol.

The stance that people I know who are in National Defence in Asia have towards North Korea and China is that you have to play hardball with them or they will walk over you. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people, especially in the boomer generation, are fine with him in these areas. Currently, they’re adopting a, “I told you so” attitude towards Trump haters lol.

1 Like

Nah. Why on earth should you have to disavow what some racist idiot says simply because he happens to claim the same side of the ideological divide as you?

OTOH, ethical Republicans have a strong obligation to push back against the name-checking racists that have become such a prominent feature of the party’s high-profile constituency.

Again, no such obligations adhere to simply being of a certain political tilt. (I feel no need to apologize for the remarks of some loony lefty.) But as above, should the Democratic party find itself awash in name-checking individuals doing/saying truly reprehensible things, then Dems would be obligated to call them out for it.

Yes. Also Yes or No: Was it absurd? Yes? Did a very significant portion of the responses come out in support of her? Yes. Was it any more than a tiny blip on the social-media scene that will be forgotten 10 seconds from now (if not already)? No.

I fail to see why you insist on calling this molehill a mountain.

See above about mountains and molehills. (Hint: Trump = mountain; Chinese dress = molehill.)

As for “people teaching him that this is a legitimate way to behave in the world”: You seem very confident in your assertions regarding this kid’s brainwashing. Do you know for a fact that he has been subjected to such, or are you surmising? (I see no mention of his schooling in the few articles I’ve read.)

I suppose it’s whataboutism in that you’re complaining about the tune Nero’s playing, and I’m saying ‘What about the fact that the city is on fire?’

Don’t confuse correlation and causation. If peace breaks out on the peninsula, it will be despite Trump’s actions, not because of them. (Unless you’re suggesting that calling someone “Rocket Man” is in fact an effective tool of diplomacy.)

I mean it’s a mutual war of words. How many journalists were jailed? How many FCC permits have been pulled? Saying “I don’t like CNN” or “fake news!” does not a “war” make. He’s not behaving like Lincoln or anything.

The public has lost faith in the media. As well they should. Infotainment, opinion in every story, soundbite journalism is driving people away. Warning pdf of a Gallup poll on media below.

american views: trust, media and democracy - Politico
PDFhttps://www.politico.com › …

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.politico.com/f/%3Fid%3D00000160-fbcc-dcd4-a96b-ffeddf140001&ved=2ahUKEwisvPzM1ufaAhWPON8KHTSDBksQFjAFegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2skqdXGXqv9Bh77NRedLIj

I’d disagree with this one. If you want to negotiate with an adult, you send an adult. If you want to negotiate with a child, you send a child.

NK thinking Trump is hot shit makes a ton of sense to me personally. But then again they’ve brainwashed the citizens into think their leader is a god, so I’m not sure if NKs stamp of approval is a “good” thing.

This forum needs something better than the thumb-up symbol for this.

Adults don’t negotiate with children. That is true. But children don’t negotiate with each other. That’s why adults exist.