The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Some adult helped these kids get jerseys. C’mon man.

2 Likes

SMH - I can’t even fathom how anyone would have thought this was funny or a good idea

In the immortal words of Keith Moon - “That’ll go over like a lead zeppelin”

2 Likes

I do generally think people are offended way too easily (like the H&M add everyone’s pissy about), but come on. What possible outcome other than this did the team, particularly the adults, think was gonna happen? You aren’t Tray Parker and Matt Stone, you aren’t getting away with something this ridiculous.

2 Likes

Shit, I don’t even think Parker and Stone would’ve done this (in real life).

And I generally agree with you about people getting offended too easily (but my sense of humor is deeply irreverent) there’s just no humor here. Not even dark, idiotic humor. Just dumbness. Pure imbecility.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by real life? They turned Kyle into a black basketball player using Mr. Garrison’s balls as his knees…

Agreed.

i.e. if they had been the parents of the kids playing basketball…

That episode is fuckin’ hilarious btw - Gerald as the dolphin … jesus

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Ya, that episode is a classic.

1 Like

The only possible excuse I’ve heard is that this rec league doesn’t always even have adult coaches. I could see a bunch of middle school kids being this incredibly stupid. They named their team the “wet dreams” FFS.

My biggest problem is that it took parents 4 games to notice.

I think we often equate being “adult” (of legal age) with being intelligent and insightful.

I know 50 year olds who still act and think like they are pre-teens.

I have personally never understood the “respect your elders” just because they’re elders, thing…I mean, we all know idiots that are going to be just as idiotic when they’re old haha

1 Like

Old man strength is why. Now imagine that combined with stupid.

2 Likes

Basically. Deference to elders is ingrained since birth. There’s a point though (at least there should be) when people develop mentally to realize bullshit coming from any aged person…

Hey, if you can’t have a second childhood and run screaming in public in diapers, what good is it?

1 Like

Have you ever been this hard up for a night cap?

4 Likes

Russia is the real life Grand Theft Auto world

6 Likes

I think some cities in New Jersey have it beat.

I don’t know man, that tank story is pretty 5 wanted star level shit - Who the fuck has stolen a tank in Jersey?

1 Like

What haven’t they stolen in Jersey?

My heart

1 Like

Live there long enough and they’ll take your soul.

1 Like