The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

but they didn’t… hmmmm

stop projecting

You certainly think you are.

But do you care to actually address any points, or again like with my criticisms of the Contemporary Left, are you going to hide under talking about me or whataboutism, rather than, you know, talk about the subject matter?

Since your ‘points’ stem from a misunderstanding of the subject at hand, I’m going to follow the lead of your smarter interlocutors, nod politely, and walk away.

Only you didn’t do that. You made an arrogant prick comment first.

1 Like

Again, they didn’t run away, or walk for that matter.

And one rooted in an inability to actually discuss the subject, or a lack of desire to discuss the subject, but he had to try and shit talk in order to seem superior or something, I don’t know.

I suppose other people just worked around my “fundamental misunderstanding” due to “using words interchangeably”? Or maybe they were smart enough to actually understand what I was talking about?

Not sure.

Is that really a surprise?

Speaking of misunderstanding the subject at hand, this all goes back to that professor who isn’t even a Marxist. She does not care about the working class. Marx did not get into identity politics.

One of the reasons why the Democrats have failed when it comes to black people living in poverty is that they abandoned the white working class and poor whites as they see them as a bunch of “deplorables.” They have been sucked into the neo-Marxism and postmodernism of people like that professor.

None of the revolutionaries really do though. I mean, would you participate in mass executions and starvation campaigns if one did?

You really can’t separate Marxism from the atrocities committed by regimes formed via his visions, and one really shouldn’t. And while she’s just a philosopher at best and Useful Idiot at worst, she’s still married to that ideology.

So much of identity politics is class envy based though. Look at how the left is trying to redefine everything, particularly racism.

It’s all about power to the post modernist, and that really fits in well into the communist reality of Marxist ideals.

One of the things it’s based on is the (racist? bigoted?) idea that all blacks are poor and uneducated. The professor call the “white” nuclear family this racist institution that only brings perpetual misery on blacks but ignores that there are black and mixed race nuclear families whose children will be better off for it. And those families will do the same things that white families do. But she hates the idea of family so she won’t address the fact that not all blacks are single mothers and absentee fathers. The very thing that can help people to rise out of poverty, a healthy family unit, is something she is against. To me, that’s a racist way of thinking.

And they do try and blur the lines between things like sexual identity and race and make them appear to be class based distinctions but if you are a college student, regardless of race or sexual identity, you are in a privileged class.

“the soft bigotry of low expectations”.

You could see it on full display if you watched the Sander’s camp during the primaries. He didn’t do very well with minorities at all, and every time this would be brought up, wew lad did his supporters make it clear why he likely didn’t do well with minorities, lol. Then /pol and r/thedonald would egg them on and holy shit the things people would type…

I think it all started in a good place, then as equal rights under the law became/becomes the norm, and most people are like “yeah, good we’re getting better and fixing things” they run out of “isms” to be angry and rally around. So all the “oppressed people’s of the world” need to ban together. You know, intersectionality…

I don’t know if it was the Marxists who latched onto them, or they latched onto the Marxists, but either way, it’s a marriage made in heaven. This romantic notion of “progress” “change” “fight for the little guy” and “end the oppressors” really sets in.

Plus if you get all the non-white males to band together, using MArxistist romanticism and tactics, you create a damn nice voting block.

The problem is that they are still males and won’t appreciate all the masculinity is evil rhetoric. I’m talking about heterosexual males. The postmodernists are careful to label things like that white masculinity, except when they forget to, but if a person listens carefully enough they will notice that they are really talking about masculinity (since the idea of qualifying masculinity with race is idiotic). Again, just like this professor who writes white nuclear family then also writes just nuclear family.

1 Like

https://libcom.org/history/i-am-concerned-break-soviet-union-leadership-it-gave-jeremy-corbyns-words-wisdom-stalini

My future prime minister, everyone! Oh God, it is too early in the week to hit the whiskey.

2 Likes

Churchill is spinning at 3000 rpm in his grave.

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate myself for the stupid thread. In my quest to lower triglyceride levels I read that none of the Niacin studies were done with “no flush” niacin and to just use the normal kind. I thought “can’t be that bad”.

Turns out I’m a hyper responder to Niacin. One 500mg pill with dinner and I turned cool aid man friggin red all over my body. It looked like I fell asleep in a tanning bed. The heat sensation was insane. After that subsided, weird tingling everywhere for over an hour. Really miserable, zero fun.

Never doing that again.

4 Likes

Agree to disagree. :wink:

Edit: on the whiskey question, only, to be extra clear.

3 Likes

Yup. I’ve tried it. Not fun. There’s a reason niacin isn’t all that popular anymore.

1 Like

Doesn’t that mean it’s working?!? Ha! #BurnBabyBurn

Yep, that niacin flush/rash/rush is no fun, I’ve only ever had it in “thin skinned” areas (elbows, ears, etc) but I’ve seen some folks get flat lobsterfied by it.

1 Like

Hey guys, just checking in. Had this happen to me. No me gusta.

1 Like

Lol, damn… I remember getting a mild niacin flush from N.O. Xplode and not liking it. Sheshhhh…

You ever seen step brothers? (No I’m not above stupid ass comedy movies).

There is a scene where they are like “did we just become best friends?”

I feel like the fact we were both drinking whiskey on a Tuesday, makes us best friends.

Niacin posts

That’s what that is from?

5 Likes

Then we’re definitely best friends. :grinning:

4 Likes