The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

The word for it is Cognitive Privilege. It’s a good thing most of us don’t have that! Maybe EyeDentist does, but the rest of us are probably safe. It’s one of those pardoxes that academics seem to be drawn to Marxism, but every Marxist regime eventually gets around to rounding up the educated and successful for some form of re-education.

Don’t try to out-victim these people, @SkyzykS. I went to a feminist retreat with my BFF a few years ago. This group of feminist writers rented a house on the beach south of us, and a bunch of them flew in for the weekend. Nearly all of them were white, upper-middle to upper-class women with college degrees, most of them with graduate school. Married to a high wage earning spouse, mostly of them choosing to be home raising kids, and maybe working part-time at a “for fun” job. I’d never seen a more aggrieved and oppressed group of people in my life. The struggle against the patriarchy is real, Bro.

I prefer by “threat” of reason.

And if a kid, white or black, can’t figure out that pissing off a cop carries a greater risk than pissing off a sibling, then something went wrong long before he pissed that cop off.

From the person who brought you the now INFAMOUS flow chart of oppression!! Ha! Cue maniacal laughter.

How some serious Marxist ideology found it’s way into Education textbooks, and why your kids may be learning about Social Justice as part of their math class in K-12. Cool. Again, this isn’t stupid. It’s very, very smart on the part of the Marxists. We’re stupid for not “getting woke.”

4 Likes

This is happening in inner city schools.

1 Like

I know that it is insensitive of me to relate to subjects at a basic human level, but its just how I am.

I’ve been accused of lacking sophistication. Cuz in my book sophistry is just a land where academics play dodge ball with facts.

But even when you drill them in the face with a real sizzler, they try to figure out a way to say that you missed.

I hear you on the retreat thing too. I went to one for sobriety. It was over in the Laurel Highlands region of western PA at a nice Antiochian facility right during prime time for fall colors. I almost choked to death on the self flagellation in that place and ran screaming for the nearest trout stream.

Guys were like “Did you hear that lead from Joe Soandso? I was moved to tears…” and I was like “Nope! I was down on mill run creek slaying some browns! Got a couple of brook too! Life on lifes terms man!”.

4 Likes

I had to look up that beard.

Between my wal-mart chic, quarterly buzz cuts, and general aversion to shaving, I can’t really blame them.

I mean honestly, when I show up anywhere clean cut and well dressed close friends ask me who died.

1 Like

Lots of sound and fury. Does it signify anything other than 1) Marxist analysis bad, its enormous corpus of scholarship notwithstanding; 2) yet again, the conviction that higher (and lower, apparently!) educational institutions are being body-snatched by the authoritarian left; and 3) you take great personal offense at family-related comments, from a stranger, that were not directed at you and yours?

Forgive me if this seems a little salty. The truth is, I went out of my way to try and be extra respectful and measured in my rejoinder to you. Apparently, my efforts were for naught. Frankly, I get the impression my comments have a two-strike count with you before they ever get in the batter’s box.

And yes, I think you misunderstood her. Her criticisms of the family were not intended for a general audience, but were instead aimed at SJWs whose personal lives belie a commitment to their stated beliefs. She was challenging SJWs to have the courage of their convictions, and calling them hypocrites if/when they didn’t. You are not an SJW. She was not talking to or about you.

Finally, through all this Sturm and Drang, not a peep from you vis a vis my overtly-stated, oft-repeated primary point: The intellectual dishonesty of that crappy, propagandist website. Over and over, I emphasized that it was my primary concern. But apparently, you were too busy deconstructing my comment in search of personal slights to notice.

As you say, I suppose we can leave it at that.

It’s funny, I’ve had the “this is how you act when pulled over” and the “don’t mess around at parties and bars, don’t accept drinks from people you don’t trust and never get so drunk you’re not in 100% control of yourself and actions outside of your own home, or in the home of close trusted friends” talk with my son, and will have them both with my daughter.

Her ilk are normally the first to go in the purge post revolution, so there is a silver lining here. Most Useful Idiots, which this professor certainly is, are the first to go once “the people” come to power over the “evil capitalists”.

You would light my sister-in-law up so fast there would be fireworks. But my wife and you’d get along great.

1 Like

Studying bullshit doesn’t turn that shit into gold.

I was speaking more specifically to the “don’t leave your drink unattended.” Dont accept drinks from strangers is kinda a 4 yr old stranger danger lesson. We’ll probably save the roofie talk for when they’re older.

Ultimately, my point was that due to society being the way it is, some things are simply a higher risk than others based on demographics.

There are a whole lot of people who are a whole lot smarter and better educated than you (and I) who have found Marxist analysis useful. Try to not be such a reactionary.

1 Like

I applaud the masterful double entendre of this sentence. Considering that Mao, Stalin, Castro and other Marxists labeled their enemies “reactionaries” and had them murdered.

Studying Marxist thought is a worthwhile venture… to understand your enemies and avoid their mistakes.

4 Likes

Thank you, lol.

Was in meetings and you pretty much nailed it.

And most come to the same conclusions I do, and those that don’t are social science professors at universities.

And while I find social workers and psychologists to be unsung hero’s, the indoctrination is miserable. My wife complains about spending what she did to be brainwashed for so long all the time.

Turns out living in the real world changes a whole of people into evil capitalists real fast.

1 Like

Not ‘stupid’ per se. But this story made me so goddamn angry that I thought I’d vent my spleen on y’all.

1 Like

Also, I don’t like to wade too heavily into the US cop situation, but I thought I’d share a little story from my home town.

There is a little cross near where I live, and it commemorates a young guy who was shot out for a jog because the cops thought the can of coke in his hand was an explosive. He was shot next to my town’s catholic equivalent of a ghetto.

The cops at the time were avowedly partisan and were actively discriminatory towards the Catholic community (not without some reason might I add, as my county had the highest rates of IRA terrorism outside of Belfast)

The only thing that has helped us was Catholics taking the severe social approprium of joining the cops and being the change they wanted to see, and this is STILL frowned upon. My uncle reword death threats and has to check his car for IED’s every time he goes to work.

It is getting better, but by fuck it is slow going. Every probably bad action from a cop should be treated with grave seriousness, but you should treat them with respect and care, not just for yourself, but for them. They do an impossible job and even if being polite and courteous gets you nothing, just do it. It’ll have the happy side effect of making you less likely to get a kicking also.

Edited due to typo in last paragraph.

2 Likes

And those professors are phony Marxists as well. They hate the working class and have replaced it with “oppressed” classes in their version of Marxist doctrine.

Marxist government and Marxist analysis are not the same thing.

Not really the case at all. May I suggest you stick to declarations about subjects you’re familiar with–say, like what’s going on with the Left in the entire Western world.

It’s funny, the poster who isn’t a woman claims to know how much ALL women fear getting raped is also the poster who isn’t black but claims to know what ALL black families are talking about. Now this poster is mocking another one for making a blanket statement about the left in the western world.

Oh. Marxist analysis… You mean class warfare and envy… basically whining that people who create value or own assets make money. Not my cup of tea. I’ll be over here trying to hustle and reach escape velocity from the class I was born into.

I’ll leave the whining to the Marxist PhD’s. Let me know when one of them actually helps the poor with their critiques of capitalism.

2 Likes