The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Manny Pacquiao is now running for the presidency of Philippines. He as a senator has already demonstrated poor attendance, well, he did have a boxing career. Might that have used up his energies?

Previously Philippines had a popular actor as president, now another popular culture icon is nominated.
Manny Pacquiao announces run for president in the Philippines (usatoday.com)

Man I sure hope USA helps those Haitians at the U.S southern border. They are migrating because of the earthquake right?

We had a semi popular actor as our president.

We had that too.

The shooting of children over the weekend came just two weeks after eight children were shot, including a 4-year-old who was killed over the Labor Day holiday weekend.

A total of at least 2,490 people have been shot in Chicago this year, a 9% increase from the same period as last year, according to police department crime statistics. The city has recorded 558 homicides, most of them the result of shootings, this year – a 3% increase from 2020.

It never ceases to amaze me that the slaughter of Chicago children is allowed to happen every weekend. This is a total failure of Lightfoot’s administration and points out the outright racism from groups like BLM, who scream for “racial justice” but give a shit less how young black children are dying at the hands of black and latino gangs

Perhaps our social warriors should walk among the dead for a different perspective since it doesn’t matter whether they are black, brown, green, or white they all look like little discarded dolls. I have seen enough to last me three lifetimes. What a national travesty, what a joke to riot and scream and then turn deaf ears to a whole generation being semantically killed. Shame on Chicago. Shame on the woke warriors and cancel culture cretins, you are pathetic.

I’m not an expert on Chicago
 But I’m willing to bet a TON of the shootings are confined to specific poverty ridden neighbourhoods.

Aus doesn’t have the same level of gun violence relative to the US
 But when gun violence does occur, it’s almost always confined to a select few neighbourhoods implicated in gang warfare.

It’s interesting however that Aus has a higher firearm related homicide rate relative to countries like Austria.

It’s interesting because Austria allows one to procure certain hunting rifles, break action shotguns etc without a permit. In Australia it has been damn near impossible to get a gun since the late 90’s. Before which we had a similar regulatory protocal to Austria, Greenland etc.

Because they hate white people more than they love black people.

That was a profound statement.

Minority on minority violence doesn’t exist. That’s RACIST to insinuate it does!

It’s only the police force that needs to be abolished because every single black person in America dies at the hands of the police.

Police need to be replaced with civillian neighbourhood watch groups who have no police training whatsoever. When there’s a gang shootout, you send them
 #cRiTiCaLtHiNkInG #pRoGrEsSiVe

Bunch of hypocrites.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/CEOs-Who-Called-for-Climate-Action-Now-Scrambling-16475288.php

Biden is going to be a one term president, if that. He is old so he can have an attitude of screw the billionaires since he doesn’t need them
 anymore. The rest of DC will do whatever they are told.

Truth.

Last month, Lightfoot laid out a $733 million budget shortfall for 2022.

The mayor opened her budget address Monday by invoking a series of deep Chicago problems, including a wide life expectancy gap between Black and white residents, systemic racism and rampant heroin use in parts of the city that leaves areas “looking like a scene from ‘The Walking Dead.’ ”

She then drew on the Old Testament’s story of Moses leading the Israelites to the Promised Land as a parable for unity and determination through challenging times.

*“We have no Moses, but we do have each other, and we have the lessons of history from those biblical times to the present,” Lightfoot said. “Our people need us and, importantly, we have an obligation to them, to ourselves and to future generations to seize with gusto the opportunities that this moment presents: to learn the lessons of history, and not repeat the mistakes of the past.”

Not one word on the slaughter of her citizens, especially the children.

1 Like

God Forbid, lets not call a killer, a killer.

The former student accused of murdering 17 people at a Florida high school cannot be called derogatory terms such as “animal” or “that thing” by prosecutors or their witnesses at his upcoming trial, but calling the killings “a massacre” is legitimate, the judge has ruled.

Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer said in a ruling released Friday that it’s impossible to create a complete list of words that jurors shouldn’t hear to describe Nikolas Cruz when he’s tried for the Feb. 14, 2018, killings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland.

She sided with Cruz’s attorneys that calling him names like “animal” or “that thing” during testimony, as some victims’ parents have done in media interviews, would cross the line. But she said the defense request this week that Cruz only be called by his name or “the defendant” goes too far.

“Some words and terms the Defendant requests not to be used, such as ‘school shooter,’ ‘murderer,’ or ‘killer,’ in and of themselves are not derogatory,” Scherer wrote. “They are normal words that may be used to describe particular facts.”

I’m sure she left out the part where the Israelites killed the pursuing Egyptians.

She might want to rethink her Moses reference because the Israelites left Egypt. Is she saying Chicagoans should leave?

We here in Canada just had a federal election. Wait, Canada is falling apart

the integrity of our grizzly bears has diminished abominably

Grizzly bear fatally gored by mountain goat in eastern B.C.: Parks Canada (msn.com)

2 Likes

Can I change my answer on whether or not I could take a Grizzly bear? I did specify that we were talking about fully grown males, but maybe I could take out an undersized female. Fully grown male mountain goat is something I am not so sure about now.

I noticed the article has a small size to the bear. I figured it was a typo.

Maybe they are referring to Dahl’s Sheep? I think maybe they get bigger than a goat.

Likely scenario was bear / goat lost footing, and it was like falling on a knife.

We had a few goats when daughter was growing up, for the experience.
I grabbed the < 100 lb billy by the horns straight on and laid my weight on his head, trying to push it down. Think of a front headlock. He easily lifted me (~220 lbs) off of the ground, using only his neck and shook me off.
Wife made me sell him after he knocked a gate down by head butting it. Tore the hinge screws out of the post.
Only creature he seemed to fear was my 60lb standard schnauzer.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s not real. Please, tell me that’s not real.

2 Likes

Is that Greene?