The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

What is even more pathetic is that Trump’s Minions (no disrespect meant to Minions) are joining him in his one-sided “fight” against McCain on Social Media.

This all is getting beyond pathetic…

I’m sure the public was fully aware that Lindsey Graham doesn’t have any balls these days, but goddamn if even his kids don’t know it now.

He’s obviously the new Mitch McConnell, and I didn’t know stepping from an evil turtle to a guy with a girl’s name would be this annoying.

Yeah.

Graham was at one time a “true” Conservative “check” on the President and was often critical of his actions and moves. Now he seems to be providing the Lube for Trump.

Frankly, I am perplexed by his change.

Was it the Kavanaugh hearings?

Is he facing re-election and felt he needed to “piss or get off the pot” with Trump. (A great Southern saying, by the way…)

Other?

What do you guys think?

I’ll be honest I’d never heard of the guy til maybe halfway through Obama’s second term. I distinctly remember thinking I googled the wrong person.

I think it was the ‘wokening’ of the GOP in Congress when Trump won. You basically had 2 options. Push super super hard for lower taxes then immediately enter the private industry for millions, ala Paul Ryan, or embrace the “new real” that is a Donald Trump GOP if you want retain your job forever like you had planned.

Imo he wasn’t willing to join the real job market and wanted to stay a permanent govt employee instead. Only way that happens is by suckin the toadstool.

Agree.

1 Like

Talk about “Where’s Waldo”…

Geez…where is the guy?

1 Like

This Trump/Graham dynamic is typical for communism. In order to show that your allegiance to the Great Leader trumps (pun intended) your personal relationships, you had to publicly denounce a family member or a friend, join the accusations or at least watch passively as he/she are being “constructively criticized by the Party”.

1 Like

Did I miss something? You know that old saying speak ill of the dead.

I’m starting to think I’d like to se him get cold cocked for this. And I really hope it becomes his downfall.

3 Likes

Me too. Somebody please teach him some manners ( I know I know, wishful thinking)

I just don’t get it. I mean I was no huge fan of a lot of McCain’s political actions but he’s hardly special in that regard. Honestly the list of reasons to dislike Trump or things he has done that are shitty is a mile long. This may just be the lowest of the low though.

I have no idea why Trump continues to think anything good could come over attacking this dead man. You’d think he was a Democrat looking like he was going to serve as his 2020 opponent.

It’s disturbing. I’d rather he went back to talking about how much he’d like to fuck his daughter. Ok maybe not.

1 Like

It really is.

I’m beginning to feel that in addition to the narcissism, paranoia, arrogance and overall selfishness and pride…there may be some mental issues underlying it all…

Lmao!!! People believe this shit.

At first I was like, eh… “the pay is kinda low…”

Then I read:
Legislators now make $31,200, plus an extra $149 a day when the Legislature is in session.

Woah that’s high

I was curious so I googled

Is this legit? Only 195 days max every 2 years? This puts them at a yearly avg of like 45k.

In Oregon? Damn that’s some shit pay for lawmakers on an annual basis. Obviously good pay if they have a second job though. I’d take it. Only 100 work days a year

Most likely a great benefits package too. The cash is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Lol. Cool. So a low premium health insurance and good retirement if they live at those wages for a while?

I googled the difference in cost of living between myself and Oregon. Those wages get a big ole yikes from me. Benefits or no benefits.

Idk it just feels weird to have state level lawmakers making what would absolutely require supplemental income to not be poor.

Also, by “more money brings diversity” I think he means more diverse intelligence levels.

You should check out PA then.

You’ll feel much less bad for them.

1 Like

It’s actually insane in Oregon, they have a real financial problem funding the Public Employees Retirement System.

Former UO head football coach Mike Bellotti makes $1.3M in pension.

https://expo.oregonlive.com/erry-2018/03/0a9a870652/top_10_pers_recipients_as_of_j.html

1 Like

That is. The way I read it though, it’s more of a bureaucratic cash grab. We have those here all of the time too.

Reasonably though, they should fund the obligations that already exist before creating more of them ala more teachers, counselors, etc.

Then change the pensions as of a given date to change the trajectory of that obligation.

1 Like