The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Agreed. But even if it did, I’m very confident that my daughter’s wouldn’t be placed in combat roles unless they volunteered (their choice) or they were absolutely cut out for it.

A draft would also include pulling in tons of men, which I would assume fill combat roles first when an actual conflict starts

No, that’s to keep the Mexican’s away. Sheshh keep up.

2 Likes

These are real concerns, both the daughters without fathers and the idea of everybody gets a trophy.

Any ideas on how to resolve that?

Lol, $5.8B to protect father/daughter dance.

MAGA

1 Like

If non-nuclear WWIII broke out, I would be shocked if women didn’t end up on the front lines. Rose the Riveter ain’t happening in the 21st century.

It’s random and when you’re in that large a conflict you need a lot of bodies and since the population is 50/50 women would be dying just like men did in prior conflicts of this type of scale.

This is my take on this conversation … someone is seeking to change something they don’t like, but other people seem to like rather than creating something that’s more in line with their own preferences and sensibilities all the while leaving other people alone to freely associate as they so choose…

1 Like

Teach kids that life isn’t fair, and there is no way to make life fair. If someone dislikes the way they were raised or their lack of ____ that they should develop a long-term outlook on life and give their kids such opportunities. At least, this is my approach. Interestingly though, life isn’t fair, and I don’t know if biological kids are in the cards.

I’ve heard Mexican women are invading white people’s father daughter dances!

I actually don’t care about this topic or BSA/GSA. I just get tired of this approach to changing things people don’t like.

I think single-parent households is one of those problems we don’t even fully understand and there’s no easy solution. There are probably a hundred factors as to why single-parent households (single-father households are actually much higher today than they were 20 years ago) have risen. Ease of divorce, male incarceration (and the myriad of reasons for this), death rates in certain demographics, the sexual revolution and the nonchalant way we treat sex in today’s society, the decline of the nuclear family, the consequences of ignoring/changing gender roles (whether good or bad), etc…

I don’t have a solution. I wish I did.

Let kids be competitive like in real life. Let them win/lose like in real life. Stop rewarding kids and even adults for simply showing up. Teach kids the value of working hard even if you lose.

*One thing we could do, in relation to single-parent household would be to evaluate why people, particularly men, go to prison and brainstorm ways to punish crimes, if they even need to be punished, in ways that don’t remove a father from a family.

1 Like

In the modern world of drones and very few actual front lines, I struggle to see this happening, but I’m admittedly not well read up on military tactics

I doubt it. We’d be seeing combat roles dying at the same rate maybe, but I SERIOUSLY doubt combat roles would be half women.

Probably an attempt to bring the white man down. Unacceptable.

That is basically it for me.

I actually don’t mind the whole participation trophy thing. Very common for young kids to get some type of recognition for playing something. Plus it may encourage kids to try new things and to stay out for something until the end.

It has always been common practice in most schools I’ve been around to give some type of participation award to those who complete a season. It may not be a varsity letter, but usually a sheet of paper. Again a recognition of trying something new or different and sticking through it until completion.

It’s not very common as kids grow up for people to get all the same type of reward in most competitive things and I believe this really doesn’t happen as much as people say. I can’t think of hardly anything in the schools I’ve done consulting for at the secondary level that works this way.

Schools don’t have trophies on display from participation and kids don’t get state championship rings for making the playoffs.

Was this reply meant for someone else? I haven’t discussed participation trophies.

1 Like

Sorry I think I clicked the wrong name.

You should get a trophy for replying!

How about a fucking like!!

Edit: thanks

1 Like

I feel like we should go to a father/daughter dance now. Put your dress on.

Wait, what?!

1 Like

There will always be a need for boots on the ground.

For those that are draft? I bet it’d be pretty close.

I don’t think it’s an issue if you have a parent(s) that can put it into context and that push you.