The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

From Charles Taylor’s Secular Age:

3 Likes

I love this, but may be misinterpreting it out of context based on what I bring to the table.

I have a mentor, guru, teacher, and I brought an injustice to his attention, expecting some guidance, and he told me that, “At the end of time, all debts will be paid. You no longer have to worry about this.”

The mentality is that god is within all of us. The other person is god. The other person is you. And we all have the seed of divinity within, we are just on a different place on the path.

I’m not sure how this relates to BSA, or the inclusion of girls in BSA, but I liked the excerpt and felt moved to respond.

I didn’t want my daughter to experience a sex ed class with boys in it, and I didn’t want my son to experience a sex ed class with girls in it. That’s just how I feel. But I also didn’t want my school teaching them sex ed because I knew I would do a better job of it.

And I certainly don’t want the priest at church, or the creepy avuncular BSA troop leader teaching them either.

I think there should be an opportunity for boys/men to be with other boys/men without the stress or conflict of another gender. I feel the same about girls/women. There’s a certain freedom in being with a single gender group. For me it was playing ball, yeah, locker room talk. But, there is always, or should always be, a parent to help make sense of the information, to filter it, to contextualize it.

I’m not sure having a group of boys and girls together on a scouting trip is the right idea, on the regular. Certainly having a mixed gender outing is a good way to learn how to behave, but there is a certain beauty to being amongst your own gender. I think Harper Lee demonstrated the pitfalls of when this goes awry in TKAM, but there is a purity to being in a group of same gender, tea party or locker room.

Just my .02

7 Likes

Fucking bullshit dude. Boys are surrounded by majority female teachers in early school. Where studies show they’re graded harsher than female students.

They’re being medicated with psychoactive drugs if the can’t hold still at far higher rates than girls… because holding still for hours is boring for boys. So drug em.

They’re being raised increasingly by single mothers.

They’re being told that aggression, competitiveness and confidence are “toxic”.

When they do hit puberty they have a fraction of the testosterone they would’ve had a few generations ago.

The very last thing boys need is more feminine exposure.

2 Likes

It was a joke lol. Calm down.

I know one guy that certainly could for sure. Can’t say for sure about the rest

Edit: also fwiw

I don’t think that’s how that works

While certainly not the intended point here, I have to say that I would of been absolutely thrilled to have something like this growing up. Shooting guns, throwing grenades, preparing to be a soldier. All I ever wanted as a kid, this type of organization would of had me hook line and sinker.

(Well, minus the communism part, though I suppose if we are being honest I would probably have been totally on board if that was the world I grew up in.)

The universe is supposed to balance itself out.

“Form is emptiness; emptiness also is form. Emptiness is no other than form; form is no other than emptiness.”

I got this from the movie Taichi Master.

I think the difference in testosterone level is pretty overrated when it comes to masculine behavior as long as the person not hypogonadal. 5,000ng/dl really isn’t very different from 800+ng/dl.

image https://pics.me.me/why-was-the-anti-vaxxers-4yearold-child-crying-midlife-crisis-33974593.png

6 Likes

Been a while since I looked but didn’t research say the biggest likely cause for lowered testosterone rates was a rise in obesity?

I don’t know about the research you’re referring to but obesity is definitely a cause of lowered testosterone. But it’s not just about testosterone when it comes to behavior. For example, a low testosterone/estrogen ratio can cause men to start watching Twilight even when the level of testosterone is above normal.

Ohhhh. Sick, but funny!

I like it!

2 Likes

So true.

Need to watch that movie, is it on Netflix or only some obscure Thai network?

Here’s the deal, as I understand it. Lower chakras are root, sacral, and navel - that’s earth, sex, and power.

Upper chakras are throat, third eye, and crown - esoteric and god shit.

The lower chakras and the upper chakras balance on the heart chakra.

So, we need to make a living and live on this lower planetary life - the three lower chakras. But we want to live in the ethereal, the upper chakras. And it needs to be balanced by the heart chakra.

I don’t see what the big deal is. If fathers want a dance with their daughters they can just rent a fire hall or something.

1 Like

Or be less of assholes about kids without dads.

I took my daughter to her schools Valentine’s dance last week and it was mostly moms.

father/daughter dance != Valentine’s dance.

1 Like

I know. Most schools don’t do father daughter dances anymore. It ends up with the kids without dads getting picked on

Edit: daughter’s school is one of them

If there’s a demand for daughter-non father dances the market will take care of itself.

It did. By integrating mom’s into those dances nearly everywhere :wink:

You and I must really live on different planets, lol. My brother-in-law just took one of his daughters to a father-daughter dance last week.

Integration isn’t market forces.

1 Like