The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Whether of not some of those people replying are her constituents or not…many seem to be telling her…

We know you can protest…it’s now time to grow up…STFU…and get to the hard, non-glamorous/non-public parts of your job of governing…

I agree.

But doesn’t that mean more people use/need the subway along with new revenue? So, in which scenario does the subway get more attention? The first, no?

I feel like I’m missed your OG point haha. Yes, at least Bob is paying into the subway which is better than not paying at all.

Where you arguing tax breaks help local govt/infrastructure more than subsidies or grants? Cause, yeah. Very much the case.

Imo it’s because Bob’s livelihood and Steve’s livelihood are both reliant on local commerce. Now Bob has a tax break, which allows him to undercut Steve’s prices or poach his employees or etc. Bob’s tax break forced Steve to lower his prices or match wages etc, which directly hits his livelihood.

Yeah, that’s my reluctance. I can see the mathematics favoring the move in general. But what gives me pause is the advantage to the big guy. I’m suspicious on centralization both in the government and in the market.

1 Like

Oh absolutely. I’m a metro guy myself, so this other part doesn’t really matter to me, but it also continues to force money and businesses away from smaller/rural areas in favor of the bigger ones.

Wages are dictated by ‘the market.’ But what that really means is nearly all wages are dictated by the big guys, and everyone else uses some type of modifier off of that. As cities subsidize large companies that don’t need it, it just furthers the gap between metro and rural.

And as we all know from recent history, rising wages in cities will still have an impact on rural areas in the form of costs to residents. Imo in 20-30 years only the bottom of the barrel and megafarmers will be able to afford not living in driving range of a large metro

1 Like

Of course; however, the point is that they can’t get a break on property tax unless their benevolent overlord passes that break through to them.

Speaking of huge government.

2 Likes

Define “a few”. If 10% of the 25k new employees make $900k each, then the remaining 22,500 will still make roughly $70k to average $150K.

If half make $250k and the other half makes $35k they would be at about $143k

Except, part if not all of NYC has a minimum exempt wage of $58.5K beginning in 2019…

Damn it, and now @Chris_Colucci has closed down the Bernie thread after shit for brains still won’t admit he’s wrong about a hamster model!

5 Likes

Except the Washington examiner states that military spending is half of all federal spending, which is wrong. It’s over half of of discretionary spending. This just gets repeated really often, and it’s wrong.

Relax … you know Zeppy will be starting another non-sense thread that will devolve into exactly what the last one was … namely stem cells and evil corps

1 Like

And weed. Can’t forget the fight for legalized weed against no one.

1 Like

NoT aLl PrOfItS aRe ThE sAmE!!!

2 Likes

Your personal JESUS!

2 Likes

YetToBeDecided
We’ll see. I’ve been burned before.

6 Likes

I’ve been seeing the hand clap meme lately and I like it

Not :clap:all :clap: profits :clap: are :clap: the :clap: same :clap:

5 Likes
1 Like

The email sent to students is unreal. Baby poop soft.

So many derelicts in this thread.