The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

@Basement_Gainz

Trump has made it clear that it would give him a greater orgasm than a Big Mac does if either Warren or Clinton ran against him.

2 Likes

Which I think is a mistake. If Clinton runs again and doesn’t act like the presumptive Empress (“why am I not ahead by 50 points?”) She could beat him. The dems are awfully energized (mobs anyone). They weren’t energized in 2016.

Just my opinion, but she is un-electable. Trumps win was more about her than it was about him.

1 Like

I think it would serve the party very well to let their voters have a bit more of a say this time around.

Another great reason only an idiot would put forward a candidate at this point. To avoid the obvious conflict optics we saw that easy would have swung the election to HRC

Didn’t the DEMS revamp the whole Delegate thing after Bernie (and the Russians) exposed it for what it was?

Eh. ‘Supposedly’ they did. Obv take this with a grain of salt, but I’m pretty jaded into thinking most political voting styles exist so pols can still find ways to tug on the levers from behind the scenes.

It very well may be different, but my default opinion of it would be very little has changed. I’d be open to them convincing me otherwise, but I’d always remain skeptical.

Same. Massive changes in party selection can also end in disaster. See the UK for an instructive example.

1 Like
1 Like

“Warren’s Native American DNA, as identified in the test, may not be large, but it’s wrong to say it’s as little as 1/1024th or that it’s less than the average European American. Three Pinocchios all around — including to our tweet”

What a standard. Not exactly redeeming.

LOL!

Oh My hell!

Why doesn’t Warren just embrace her White-o-ee heritage
and call it a day?

This is getting embarrassing

I was going with a standard of ‘truth.’ But you’re entitled to yours.

1 Like

Am I missing something? At best she can say it’s wrong to claim she has less than the average European American. I mean, ok

Honestly, it should never have been a big deal. “Maybe the family legend was overstated, I don’t know.”

Seems like every other white person I’ve spoken with about family heritage claims a Native American ancestor somewhere or other. /shrug.

My own does. Also, our family supposedly rode with the James Gang. I’m highly skeptical of both claims

Congratulations! She jumped through a hoop that Trump put in front of her.

Now she’s ready to get rope-a-doped like he did with Cruz and that Blabby frat boy from Florida!

If people choose to play his game they will surely lose.

3 Likes

There are plenty of people who know the truth about Trump but it’s all fake news to anyone outside of NYC.

It turns out WaPo was right by accident. It came out that 23 and me don’t really have Cherokee DNA to compare to so they can really only say that she’s some part south American, or someone that crossed the bearing sea roughly 12,000 years ago. So yes, it is wrong to say Elizabeth Warren is 1/1024th Cherokee. It’s likely less than that.

Also about as accurate as saying I’m part Chinese because some of the original diaspora from Africa are both my and some orientals ancestors.

I agree getting tested was a lose-lose proposition for her.

Yeah. It would have been infinitely more powerful and respectable if she had told him to go fuck himself.(maybe in different terms)

That alone could have launched her to the front of the pack for D’s.

3 Likes

Yeah, so to conjugate the verb correctly you should have written “23 and me doesn’t really have.”

And then, to misspell Bering Sea as bearing sea, well, how can we take you seriously?

2 Likes

I also didn’t capitalize ‘23 and me’ as a proper noun. The horror!

I assume nobody takes me seriously as a rule of thumb.

The point stands that the company can’t check for Cherokee lineage.