The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Haha don’t worry. I’ll keep calling it out. Especially when it comes from the guy who claims he can’t predict an election to save his life :wink:

That is true also!

Creepy Uncle Joe.

OK. I’m pretty cynical about politicians motives too, and virtually mirror your thoughts on Hillary.

I’m always curious about when and how people became critics of the election process because there was not a peep about it leading up to the election. But the same complaint did see some daylight when Obama was elected too.

All I saw and heard in the weeks leading up to and on the election night was basically a pre corronation warm up party.

1 Like

I’ve heard it en masse ever since GW. But that was the first time I’d ever heard it as I was very young at the time.

I’ve held the opinion since I learned math

Don’t go getting all fancy on me with your numbers talk!. Erbody knows you can’t make no math with x’s and y’s!

There were plenty of reasons Obama won after Bush/Cheney. A protracted war, the Halliburton stuff, etc.

I think that after two terms of either party most people will go with the devil they don’t know rather than the one they’ve come to know all too well.

1 Like

Winning the popular vote sure helped as well

I’ve never seen it hurt

Which is not what heppened with HRC and Trump. Most people went with the devil they knew

Did you really just do that?

Lol yea cuz that’s why HRC lost. If only less people had voted for her she’d be POTUS.

You know what I meant :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Other than Trump spending roughly $200M and Hillary spending $1.3B of IIRC

Which, to me, would signify the funds spent in a literal cash basis aren’t as important as you thought they were

Ummmmm…

Clinton and Trump were both far from being unknown people. They both have been part of the American public consciousness for decades.

I think people went with their impression of the person they thought they knew…and that they thought most represented their Tribe…

(Maybe we are saying the same thing, @pfury…!)

I think I can make the following statement without a shadow of a doubt.

Given a near decade long investigation process, along with a lifetime of public service, HRC is an ungodly representative of the devil people know. While Trump has specifically avoided things like taking his company public or releasing his taxes, he has lived his life in such a way that you’re forced to rely upon his opinion of himself and NOT actually know anything about him

1 Like

So, what you’re saying is Biden has a good chance to pick up some Republican votes?

1 Like

If they creepily touch children, then yes.

Interesting observation, @pfury

I’ll have to give that one some thought. You probably are right, though…

2 Likes

Well clearly those funds weren’t as important for Trump. I don’t know you can draw the same conclusion that the cash wasn’t important for Hillary or a future Dem challenger. They do a lot of paid work for canvassing, get out the vote drives and bussing people to polling places.

Also, uh oh.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37348/hillary-2020-top-aide-leaves-door-open-third-hank-berrien

You were the one that brought up fundraising as the reason to release the front runner into the spotlight. Then proceed to use an example where funding clearly wasn’t as important as you thought it was?

I’m not saying funding doesn’t have value, but given it didn’t matter in '16, I’m not sure how it could fit the bill of being a strong enough reason to subject the candidate to extra time of Trump’s questionably truthful tweets and nicknames.

It does seem they are putting it in silly places. Beto has no chance of winning and won’t share that 40million USD.

1 Like

100%. Ground game trumps cash, IMO.

1 Like