The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

1 Like

He has 9 children with 4 different women!

Iā€™m worried about supporting 2 and raising them right.

The idiots, they are outbreeding us.

3 Likes

True story.

1 Like

If I list my gender as X, can I get my insurance premiums decreased? Since Iā€™m a registered male, I pay substantially more than my wife, despite me never being in a car accident and herā€¦ well, involved in more than one.

Hey I did my best to counter them.

So far Iā€™ve got one doctor and one sniper out of my 9.

6 Likes

Awesome! Well done. Society could always use plenty of both.

1 Like

Jefferson Davis statue being removed. Goodbye America of the old

To piggy back on your post:

My daughter is a nurse in a New Orleans ER. She was at work the evening when they started to remove a monument in Lee Park, and they put them on standā€“by due to fear of riots.

Cause man buns werenā€™t enoughā€¦

https://www.google.com/amp/www.gq.com/story/the-male-romper-is-here/amp

3 Likes

We are going to lose WW3. I donā€™t care who itā€™s againstā€¦ We lose.

2 Likes

Chuckle fucks, the lot of em!

Hey, Roger Moore was rockinā€™ that baby blue terry cloth romper, but Iā€™ll need to see Daniel Craig in it to make my final decision. :wink:

I wasnā€™t sure if this should go here, or in the science thread. I think itā€™s better here. Too funny.

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/conceptual-penis-social-contruct-sokal-style-hoax-on-gender-studies/

Jerry Coyne commentary.

3 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s embarrassing. When my wife brought this up I asked ā€œdid they publish it in a respected peer-reviewed journal, or a tiny journal with 100 subscribers?ā€

I wonder what Cogentā€™s peer review process looks like. I know some small journals are basically publishing mills. You fork over the cash and they publish. You can claim youā€™re ā€œpublishedā€ and they make money. Win winā€¦ except for science.

Seems like the papers published cover a huge range of topicsā€¦ not that a tighter focus means better peer reviewā€¦ but this paper is indefensible.

Cogent Social Sciences is a multidisciplinary open access journal offering high quality peer review across the social sciences: from law to sociology, politics to geography, and sport to communication studies. Connect your research with a global audience for maximum readership and impact.

1 Like

It really rips on a couple of things. Most importantly, the jargon and just utter nonsense thatā€™s posing as ā€œscienceā€ in some of these fields. The other one is a criticism of the peer review and publishing process.

I about fell out of my chair trying to read it! Manspreading is both raping the empty space around you, but the conceptual penis is also responsible for global warming, and the rape of our virginal natural environment.

Brilliant!!

3 Likes

I was trying to be fair to gender studies in my mind and think of all the good they could do for the world with the correct focusā€¦ I couldnā€™t think of any way to save it from itself. .

I like how the people who wrote the fake paper didnā€™t even read the theories they claimed to support. They went with ā€œmaleness and penises are bad.ā€ Which is the entire point of third wave feminism and gender studies really.

1 Like

This is great

6 Likes