T Nation

The Strong Bodybuilder Program

So I’m a woman . I’ve been lifting for 5 years . I change up my programs every 8/12 weeks .
I am going to give the above program a go . I was wondering if this program is still good fir women . I like to lift heavy but also like higher rep schemes and this program ticks all the boxes . My concern is chest day . I don’t normally do so much chest and biceps but focus more on butt and shoulders . Any advice would be much appreciated

Should be fine to drop one of the giant sets on chest day -theres already plenty of volume overall in the program so wont be missing out much. Might keep you fresher even

2 Likes

Edit: basically just parroted what RB said lol

1 Like

What’s your goal?

To build muscle in the gym and lose about 5 to ten percent more bf . I’ve already lost over 100 pounds through diet and lifting . I’m now in a phase where I can’t cut my calories too much lower without sabotaging my gains . So I’ve decided to eat for gains build muscle for awhile . I do steady state cardio in the firm of cycling or king beach walks in the afternoons

1 Like

That’s awesome! Impressive progress.

Looking over the program, it seems like it’ll be very very difficult to progressively overload, which is crucial for muscle growth. It looks to be geared towards getting a massive pump. Even the main lifts have some pretty insane volume. There’s high volume, ultra high volume, and stupid volume, and this program falls into that last category IMHO :slight_smile:

If you follow the author at all, you’ll see he’s chilled out a lot these days. He wrote this program during his days of trying to do it all. A ton of the volume is redundant too. I believe you could get so much more out of so much less. Quality over quantity to put it succinctly.

Insane amount of work per session. I used to be a high volume guy and even this was too much.
Doesn’t address your question, only an observation when I recalled my (short) time with this program.

Any program is “good for women”.

A few things may have to be adjusted, but a program in and of itself isn’t rendered better or worse concerning whether someone is male or female.

I’d suggest you start a straight forward PPL routine, 5/3/1, or a basic 5x5 setup with the accompanying secondary lifts.

1 Like