T Nation

The Strength Builder

I want to build pound for pound the most strength that I can.

I want to be a “strength builder” I want to remain light, and able to deal with my body weight.

What resources would you all suggest for those who wish to do this.

Surely you mean, powerlifter?? :stuck_out_tongue:

here ya go

1 stop for you

Search in Authors
DAVE TATE

Articles
The 8 keys

That is a good place to start

Q:
have you lifted weights before?

Just train for strength and eat at maintenance lavel.

Strenght for doing what?

I don’t mean powerlifter. I mean strength builder.

I want to train to be a gymnast and a distance runner.

I’ve been lifting for a while, and I am pretty strong, I want to become extremely light, and implement bodyweight exercises into my training regime.

Are there any books on building freakish strength while maintaining relative lightness?

I don’t want to break 190. As mass will interfere with my ability to move my body well.

If powerlifters aren’t strength builders, then who is?

Quit being ridiculous and come up with some real goals so people can actually help you.

This might sound really obvious, but why don’t you join a gymnastics club and run more?

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
Are there any books on building freakish strength while maintaining relative lightness?
[/quote]

Read 1-6 Principle by Poliquin

There’s somethine new n Youtube, Navy Seal are posting videos about training, that stuff is 100% right, hard ass stuff and it work!

Enjoy;
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-ejYdMtKNd4&feature=user

I believe our friend means the most natural strength possible. like bodyweight lifts and adding weights to them to make them harder. pullups, curl-ups, body squats, pushups etc. things that don’t require you to exert alot more force and build up stabilizer muscles by trying to balance free weights. am I right?

[quote]Sikkario wrote:

…[/quote]

So why are you asking advice here?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sikkario wrote:

So why are you asking advice here?[/quote]

This po mofo is at the wroooong website. Try Bruce-lee.com

[quote]GuiYoM wrote:
There’s somethine new n Youtube, Navy Seal are posting videos about training, that stuff is 100% right, hard ass stuff and it work!

Enjoy;
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-ejYdMtKNd4&feature=user

[/quote]

Thanks for that link… that looks fucking BRUTAL! Next time I feel like vomiting I’ll give that a shot.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sikkario wrote:

So why are you asking advice here?[/quote]

exactly, pick what you want to do and do that. I want to do the Ironman Triathlon, bench 500 raw, not weigh over 178 do a 10.7 100 m sprint and fight in UFC while still capable of breaking 4:30 in the mile.

I’m glad not all young guys are idiots.

[quote]Wayland wrote:
here ya go[/quote]

I’m using that.

I think you should try crossfit. It contains all aspects of sport, from strength to endurance. for more info check this out: www.crossfit.com

Train like those who are strong for their (not massive) size.

Aka gymnasts/wrestlers.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
I want to build pound for pound the most strength that I can.

I want to be a “strength builder” I want to remain light, and able to deal with my body weight.

What resources would you all suggest for those who wish to do this.[/quote]

There are ways to do this. Eat at maintenance level first. And don’t get advice from this forum on the issue because everyone here is about getting big and strong, not just strong.

Here are some good starting points for you:
www.beastskills.com

you want , but wanting aint got nothing to do with it. You gotta do it. A man will get farther if he does it, and doesnt want it, then if he wants it and doesnt do it. Remember that.