The Story of Obama and Israel

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
Look, clearly Israel and Palestine do not want peace.
[/quote]

You’d be taken a lot more seriously if you didn’t try to push this silly canard.

The modern state of Israel has, since its inception been more than willing for the arabs to have their own state. The arabs, however, refused and attacked.

The offer of peace is on the table.

The arabs refuse, however, to agree to permit Israel to exist.[/quote]

Yes, that is the traditional soundbite. And it is a bit of an exaggeration because of the simple fact that Israel continues to exist after all these years even though the arabs refuse to allow it. (Why is that?)

But I will put aside the position of Israel and Palestine not really wanting peace, for now. Primarily because I’m tired of explaining it.

ALL Israel wants is PEACE :wink: :wink: Is that better?

[quote]Bambi wrote:
No one’s talking about settlements. No one’s talking about West Bank. No one’s talking about Palestinian state. Everyone’s talking about Iran.

Netanyahu’s playing a blinder.[/quote]

So what did you think of this?
From today’s meeting in the Oval Office:

Looking directly at Obama, Netanyahu said Iran is right about one thing: Israel and the United States are indistinguishable as Iran’s enemies.
“We are you and you are us,” he said.
“Israel and America stand together,” Netanyahu said.

Seriously, can you blame Obama for wanting to find other friends?

Yes, that is the traditional soundbite. And it is a bit of an exaggeration because of the simple fact that Israel continues to exist after all these years even though the arabs refuse to allow it. (Why is that?)[/quote]

So we’re at fault because we refuse to die like good Jews?

You’re an idiot.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Yes, that is the traditional soundbite. And it is a bit of an exaggeration because of the simple fact that Israel continues to exist after all these years even though the arabs refuse to allow it. (Why is that?)[/quote]

You’re an idiot.[/quote]

Uh no. Why do you continue to say they won’t allow Israel to exist when they obviously do?

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

You’re an idiot.[/quote]

Uh no. Why do you continue to say they won’t allow Israel to exist when they obviously do? [/quote]

uhhhh serious question?

Nah, they’re cool.

Three basic cases of what they “SAY” and what they “DO” not jiving…

1. Israel says ‘All we want is Peace’ (already discussed)
  2. Palestine says ‘Israel does not have the right to exist’ (more or less - see clip below)
  3. Iran is a real threat (Americans don’t need or want another Iraq - see clip below)

2. Palestine says ‘Israel does not have the right to exist’ (more or less - see clip below)
  3. Iran is a real threat (Americans don’t need or want another Iraq - see clip below)

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/05/the-iran-threat-separating-fact-from-fiction/[/quote]

1. Not discussed by anyone. Personally, I didn’t want to discuss it. I just posted a video. I thought one or two other posters might be interested in seeing it. Anyone else who wants to discuss it - fine, go ahead.

Last two paragraphs from your link:

"An Iran with the capability to build nuclear bombs could also lead to a major shift in the balance of power, creating instability in what is already one of the world’s most volatile regions.

And that’s enough, analysts say, for Israel, the U.S. and their allies to be very worried."

That’s from CNN.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:<<< "An Iran with the capability to build nuclear bombs could also lead to a major shift in the balance of power, creating instability in what is already one of the world’s most volatile regions.

And that’s enough, analysts say, for Israel, the U.S. and their allies to be very worried."

That’s from CNN.[/quote]The fact this actually has to be stated by anybody is very troubling.

Of course, ANYONE building nuclear arms is troubling.
But we should take the time to ask and answer the question…Is the threat real? Or is the threat a false perception?
If you think it’s real…what is the proof? And ‘proof’ is not he said/she said.

Gosh…wouldn’t it be a bit embarrassing if we bombed the crap out of someplace because we thought they had WMD and later found out they didn’t?

Or should we be on the safe side and bomb the crap out of them anyway just to placate our (or an allies) paranoia?

Uh no. Why do you continue to say they won’t allow Israel to exist when they obviously do? [/quote]

Not for lack of trying.

They arabs certainly managed to kill my first wife and unborn son, for example.

Another option…American might not have to do anything because ‘We only want Peace, and the ability to act in self-defense’ Israel can flatten the crap out of Iran with their own nukes. That way they won’t get attacked by those pesky bad Iranian dreams they have at night any more.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Not for lack of trying.

They arabs certainly managed to kill my first wife and unborn son, for example.[/quote]

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Another option…American might not have to do anything because ‘We only want Peace, and the ability to act in self-defense’ Israel can flatten the crap out of Iran with their own nukes. That way they won’t get attacked by those pesky bad Iranian dreams they have at night any more.[/quote]

You’re an idiot. there are no two ways about it. I’m getting out of this thread.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Look, clearly Isreal and Palestine do not want peace.

It’s total bullshit to say one side or the other only wants a peaceful solution.
Consider this…if just 51% of the Israli ‘group consciousness’ wanted peace and 51% of the Palestinian ‘group consciousness’ wanted peace, then there would be a tipping point and the region would move into peace rather quickly. This does not happen because neither side wants it that bad. Period. Whether they fight each other out of cause or habit, it doesn’t matter. Both sides enjoy the conflict more than they would enjoy peace.

[/quote]

Exactly. That’s how WWII started. <51% of Poles and <51% of Germans and <51% of the population of the Soviet Union wanted peace. The 51% theory - what kind of crap is that?[/quote]

My new mantra on PWI: “KNOW your history or GTFO.”[/quote]

Word.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

You’re an idiot.[/quote]

You know push’s history comment? It’d help for you to know it. No arab state is ‘allowing’ Israel to exist. All cooperation is forced because of Israel’s might and American protection. You remove that, Israel is gone. Further they wouldn’t be so kind as to allow them to leave, they would rather kill them all, such as their pledge is to do.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/05/the-iran-threat-separating-fact-from-fiction/[/quote]

1. Not discussed by anyone. Personally, I didn’t want to discuss it. I just posted a video. I thought one or two other posters might be interested in seeing it. Anyone else who wants to discuss it - fine, go ahead.

Last two paragraphs from your link:

"An Iran with the capability to build nuclear bombs could also lead to a major shift in the balance of power, creating instability in what is already one of the world’s most volatile regions.

That’s from CNN.[/quote]

The fact for Israeli peace is very simple. All the Palestinians have to do is renounce violence against Israel and recognize it’s right to exist. Those are the only two concessions required by Israel and the coalition of nations to not only recognize Palestinian Statehood, but assist in it’s creation and build it’s economy. Palestine has the opportunity to start it’s existence as a first world country.
But no, they’d rather eat shit, live in squalor and kill Jews. It’s an absurd reality, it almost doesn’t seem real, but it is real, and it’s really deadly.

Hopefully the next U.S. president will offer Israel an apology.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

Not for lack of trying.

They arabs certainly managed to kill my first wife and unborn son, for example.[/quote]

Dear God! I am so sorry.

[quote]gonepostal wrote:

Another option…American might not have to do anything because ‘We only want Peace, and the ability to act in self-defense’ Israel can flatten the crap out of Iran with their own nukes. That way they won’t get attacked by those pesky bad Iranian dreams they have at night any more.[/quote]

You’re an idiot. there are no two ways about it. I’m getting out of this thread.[/quote]

Look - I apologize for the facetious remark. Perhaps it was too over the top.
But I do take exception to military action on ‘perceived’ notions and lack of concrete proof.
I’m not offended by being name-called an ‘idiot’ for that.

But I do take exception to military action on ‘perceived’ notions and lack of concrete proof.
[/quote]

WTF are you talking about? Iran has, repeatedly, stated its intent to destoy Israel. They are “calling their shot.”

Iran has an aggressive missle program.

Iran has a an aggressive nuclear program, for which there is no purpose other than to build a weapon. (Think about it for a second. Iran is sitting on giant natural gas reserves, for which there is no meaningful export market. Enough to generate electricty for generations. Gas power is cheap, clean, and proven. ZERO reason to go nuclear – unless you want a bomb.)

When someone: (1) says there are going to kill you; (2) previously and readily killed others basically because they are religious nutcases (3) and proceeds to take steps whose only logical purpose is to kill you — that’s not a “perceived notion.”

It’s logic.

Correction, it’s willful insanity to believe the Iranians are up to anything but building nukes.