The State of 1A

I don’t know if cops take the oath the military takes, but if they do these men need to be run up on charges…

http://www.thepomoblog.com/archive/first-amendment-will-face-difficult-trials/

mike

My anger at this cannot possibly be put into words.

The fact that such an event was even CONSIDERED makes me boil with rage.

How the fuck did we let things go this far?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

How the fuck did we let things go this far?[/quote]

People began to sit by and let the government take care of them. They thought they where getting it for free, they where wrong.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
I don’t know if cops take the oath the military takes, but if they do these men need to be run up on charges…

http://www.thepomoblog.com/archive/first-amendment-will-face-difficult-trials/

mike[/quote]

Law Enforcement takes a similar oath.

In regards to that situation you linked to, I keep saying to myself that there has to be more to it. I can’t imagine them being that stupid.

[quote]JD430 wrote:

Law Enforcement takes a similar oath.[/quote]

To defend the Constitution? Or just to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the State?

As to that, I think it would be a good idea for every single person who takes an oath to defend the Constitution ought first to read it carefully, and be tested on how well he understands it.

There would be essay questions on each of the ten Amendments of the Bill of RIghts, and failure to demonstrate complete comprehension of these would disqualify that person from holding office, until remedial work had been completed.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

People began to sit by and let the government take care of them. They thought they where getting it for free, they where wrong.[/quote]

Were. The word you’re looking for is were. Sorry, but that seriously bothered me =P

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
JD430 wrote:

To defend the Constitution? Or just to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the State?

As to that, I think it would be a good idea for every single person who takes an oath to defend the Constitution ought first to read it carefully, and be tested on how well he understands it.

There would be essay questions on each of the ten Amendments of the Bill of Rights, and failure to demonstrate complete comprehension of these would disqualify that person from holding office, until remedial work had been completed.[/quote]

That would empty out pretty much the entire capitol building, minus Ron Paul and three or four others…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
That would empty out pretty much the entire capitol building, minus Ron Paul and three or four others… [/quote]

That’s the idea.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
JD430 wrote:

There would be essay questions on each of the ten Amendments of the Bill of RIghts, and failure to demonstrate complete comprehension of these would disqualify that person from holding office, until remedial work had been completed.[/quote]

Don’t remember the exact wording of the one I took. They’re not standard. I was pretty sure “uphold the Constitution” was is in there, and I have worn that privately 1000 times over anyway.

Here is the a recommended oath of honor from the IACP and it is certainly in there.

http://www.theiacp.org/PoliceServices/ExecutiveServices/ProfessionalAssistance/Ethics/WhatistheLawEnforcementOathofHonor/tabid/150/Default.aspx

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/enhager/50006

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
John S. wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

People began to sit by and let the government take care of them. They thought they where getting it for free, they where wrong.

Were. The word you’re looking for is were. Sorry, but that seriously bothered me =P[/quote]

I’m sorry posted at 2am my spelling is not the best this late at night.

The warrant was signed by a judge:

Gary Donahoe Superior Court Judicial Officers

The judiciary is supposed to act as a check on the cops abuse of power. I’d like to see a copy of the warrant.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
The warrant was signed by a judge:

Gary Donahoe Superior Court Judicial Officers

The judiciary is supposed to act as a check on the cops abuse of power. I’d like to see a copy of the warrant.[/quote]

I not only feel there are Judges that would do what ever cops wanted, I also feel there a crooked Judges

[quote]JD430 wrote:

In regards to that situation you linked to, I keep saying to myself that there has to be more to it. I can’t imagine them being that stupid.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.