The Squat Who Loved Me: Deep In The Back

I’ve been having this account for a while but I never really used it, as of today I’m planning on abusing the hell out of it… starting with a log.

Not sure if I’m gonna stick to training features only or if I’ll throw in the diet as well, we’ll see.

A little about me:

I used to be a 120lb 6’1/2’’ kid who started training seriously about 2 years ago, I went through and through starting strength to get to 180 lbs, I have been training a lot of mma and boxing lately but real life got me into a reality check and I’m gonna have to go back to school so I soon won’t have the time required to make my fight training worthwhile.

am currently on a high volume 5/3/1 program. I train with the 5/3/1 method to gain strength but I use a bodybuilder template for assistance. I’m not sure it’ll work, I’m used to a lot of volume and I know it works for me, maybe this is too many though. I’ll try it out for a few see how it works and go from there.

I am today walking at 192 lbs and a small term goal would be 200lb, long term 225lb.

As far as strength goals go, my current maxes are
Bench 245x1
Squat 315x1
Deadlift 405x1
OHP 160x1

Wishing to get
Bench 275x1
Squat 375x1
Deadlift 475x1 (really hoping 495 but don’t wanna be exaggerating)
OHP 185x1
^Hopefully by the end of this year… Really short time to achieve but we’ll try.

I don’t really know what to add as of for now, I’ll edit later if I get any more ideas.

I highly encourage you guys subbing, dropping by to watch how I’m doing and give me a tap in on the back. Although I kinda let my last log die because of the lack of feedbacks from third parties, I figured if no1 watches it might as well just log in a book and not bother connecting all the time, but for the sake of maybe sharing this with someone else later, I’ll keep (try) this one up!

Drop your 5th day. Do complexes etc if you want to get some blood flowing but don’t make a whole entire lifting day out of it.

Seem’s like almost too much volume but you know your body better then anyone else.

will be following.

Reserved to drop ideas for my future playlist:

Breakdown of sanity - We are the wall
Breakdown of sanity - Lights out
Breakdown of sanity - Paralyzed
Breakdown of sanity - Deadline
Korn Ft Skrillex - Get up
Professor Green - Monster
Maino - Remember my name
Eminem - Run rabbit run
Ghost Inside - Lion war
Ghost Inside - Siren song
Ghost Inside - Blue and gold
Ghost Inside - White light
Ghost Inside - Unspoken
Ghost Inside - Between the lines
Ghost Inside - Greater distance
Hatebreed - I will be heard
Upon A Burning Body - City Hall
Despised Icon - 514
Despised Icon - MVP
Despised Icon - All for nothing
Emmure - Solar Flare Homicide
Eminem - Soldier
Lloyd Banks - Warrior
Eminem - Dead Wrong
Eminem - Renegade
Eminem - Till I collapse
Eminem - Sing for the moment
Eminem - Lose yourself
For Today - Devastator
For Today - Seraphim
For Today - Psalm of the son
I, The Breather - Common good
Nonpoint - Alive and kicking

25,9 2012
Chest day.

Real thrilled with the bench progress, instead of hitting 230x1 I hit it for 4 solid reps, I’m sure I could’ve gone for 2 or 3 more if I had a spotter.
My CGBP and my dips were kind of a let down, mostly my dips. I know for a fact I can Dips 5 solid reps with 90lbs added with my belt, but that’s on a low volume SS like regime. Today I barely hit my targeted reps with only BW… But I can’t blame me, there is a lot of volume in there, was def tired by the end of the session.

(Just by the way, I’m not freshly starting this program, currently on the third week of the first cycle).

Here’s the training
Bench
1x5 95
1x5 120
1x3 145
1x5 185
1x3 205
1x4 230 PR!

Incline DB
1x10 55
1x10 60
1x10 70
1x10 75

Cable Cross Over Super Set Push Pull
1x10 20 1x10 25
1x10 20 1x10 25
1x10 20 1x10 25

Pull Over
1x10 30
1x10 30
1x10 30

Incline CGBP (Smith) / Missed these, next week I’ll stay at 135 for the 4 sets and try to hit the targeted reps on each sets.
1x15 135
1x14 140
1x9 135
1x10 135

Dips / Missed these, next week I’ll stay at BW for the 4 sets and try to hit the targeted reps on each sets before adding some resistance.
1x10 Bw
1x9 Bw
1x9 Bw
1x7 Bw

Tricep Extensions (E-z curl bar)
1x10 15
1x10 15
1x10 15

As far as Diet goes, Today was ****ty but for the sake of looking good on the log I’ll step my game up tommorow

(Sorry in advance for the massacre)
Meal 1
1 cup of oatmeal
Coffee

Meal 2
4 Hard boiled eggs
3 slice of bacon

Meal 3
3 double cheese burgers (Mcdonalds)

Meal 4
Small poutine

Real ****ty I know, but I didn’t even plan on making a public log today, swear I’ll step up to the plate tommorow

26,9 2012
Back day

Getting pumped up for my future session later today, my final set of 5/3/1 should be 385x1, I’m hoping to get 3 solid reps if not more with no straps.

Deadlifts
1x5 160
1x5 200
1x3 240
1x5 305
1x3 345
1x2 385 PR

Reverse Grip BB Rows
1x10 135
1x10 155
1x10 155
1x10 165

Seated Rows
1x10 75
1x10 75
1x10 75

Standing Pull Downs
1x10 75
1x10 60
1x10 60

21’s
1x21 30
1x21 50
1x21 40

Incline DB Curls
1x10 20
1x10 20
1x10 20

I didn’t quite like my session today apart from my deadlifts, I went kind of easy off the assistance, I know for a fact I can row 185+ on the barbell, and much more on seated rows too.

Once I started my biceps an old friend of mine popped up and started talking for a while, I didn’t want to be rude so I listened to him. At some point I decided to just say **** it and leave and not finish my last 2 bicep exercise just for the sake of him letting me go.

Meal 1
Shake
-Banana
-2 cups of milk
-2 scoops of whey protein
60g of raw oatmeal
1/3 cup of almonds
Beyond yourself test booster

Meal 2
Shake
-1 cup and a half of milk
-5g creatine
1 banana

Meal 3
350g T-bone rib steak ( around 300g without the bone in )
200g raw carrots
60g oatmeal raw

Meal 4
Shake
-1 cup and a half of milk
-2 scoops of protein whey
1 banana

Meal 5
Ground Beef

I won’t be going to the gym today I’m all kinds of sore, been a while I did that much volume. I’ll take today as a rest day finish the week on friday and saturday, skipping the funny day.

One trend of me I’ve been noticing is a poor water intake, I’ll try to work on that.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Drop your 5th day. Do complexes etc if you want to get some blood flowing but don’t make a whole entire lifting day out of it.

Seem’s like almost too much volume but you know your body better then anyone else.

will be following.
[/quote]

Yea I’m seeing the aftermath today, as mentioned in last post probably won’t hit it today, I might go just for a few set of bodyweight pull up, dips and some cardio but we’ll see

27,9 2012

Still contemplating going to the gym for some very very light work, maybe some LISS cardio and some bodyweight exercises, don’t really know yet.

I got some cleaning do to in the kitchen before the girlfriend gets here, I’ll probably get on that and the time left between then and having to go to work will probably determine if I go to the gym or not.

Meal 1
Shake
-2 cups of milk
-1 banana
3 slices of bacon
Test booster (beyond yourself)

Meal 2
I don’t really know how you call this, in french it’s ‘‘patÃ???Ã??Ã?© chinois’’, basically a mix of corn, ground beef and mashed potatoes. I just bought 20lb of ground beef at costco so you might find me eating a lot of that in my next few meals. I don’t really portion it cause it’s a mix I make homemade… I just give myself a generous portion

Meal 3
See Meal 2

Meal 4
24 chicken wings ( they are rather small )
20 oz Molson ex

Meal 5
See meal 2
10g creatine
Test booster

I’ll follow to see if you can keep the insane volume up! lol

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
I’ll follow to see if you can keep the insane volume up! lol[/quote]

Mighty mouse johnson??? that you???

Sure…I don’t see why not!

Hello, lovely log you have.

Monster and Run Rabbit Run? I like your style. I’m in!

[quote]Drake37 wrote:
Monster and Run Rabbit Run? I like your style. I’m in![/quote]

Right on, if you got any to suggest please do so I’m planning to get a new ipod soon and I wanna update my playlist, tired of the same old same old!

Tommorow I’ll hit the gym hard, hopefully I can get some good session in and I get something nice to showcase on the log!

28,9 2012

Ehh lame, my diet started off really bad I gotta try to fix the damage by the end of tonight haha. My breakfast was lacking, lunch was terrible cause I was on the job… I’ll try to fix it the best I can, planning on hitting the gym in an hour or so.

Meal 1
52g wheat cereal
Milk
1 Banana
Test Booster

Meal 2
Tim horton’s BLT sandwich

Meal 3
Shake
-500ml milk
-2 scoops whey protein
150g cooked ground beef

Meal 4
Shake
-500ml milk
-2 scoops whey protein
-10g creatine
Test Booster

Meal 5
7oz steak
French fries
Chocolate brownie

Meal 6
125g Ground beef
100g Cucumber

Squats
1x5 125
1x5 155
1x3 190
1x5 235
1x3 265
1x1 300

Hack Squats
Performed 12 of these with 1 plate on each side but felt they were way too awkward so I decided not to perform the rest of the 3 other sets and just leave it at that. Next week I’ll replace these with front squats.

Leg Press
1x12 3 plates
1x10 4 plates 25
1x8 5 plates 25

Sumo Deadlifts
1x10 135
1x10 135
1x10 135
1x10 135

Adbuctors (both in and out motion)
1x10 155
1x10 155
1x10 155

Leg Curls
1x10 100
1x10 105
1x10 110

Standing calf raises
1x25 120
1x25 120
1x25 140

Seated Calf raises
1x30 2 plates
1x30 2 plates

Overall Ok with the workout, my squat felt a little off, strength wise I could’ve shoot for 1 sure additional rep, maybe 2… but the form was a little weird right off the bat so I decided to stick to 1 rep and come back strong next cycle.

Meal wise I’m not satisfied with what’s going. I can clearly see I lack programming in that department and I’m obviously too retarded to fix it, hopefully I can make it better tomorrow and fix it over the weekend to start better next week and making ‘‘programming’’ my diet a habit.

Tomorrow’s shoulder day, all that’s left to the week considering I won’t have time to put it the funny day on sunday because I’ll be working some crazy shift.

I don’t plan on taking the rest week next week because I feel my recovery is fine as for now… So I will probably skip it, still debating. We’ll see how I really feel monday I guess but as is right now, really looking forward to the next cycle, stoked about my bench progress because that’s been a lift I’ve been wanting to improve for so long. I want to comfortably bench 2 plates without a spotter for a few reps and set, so far my last chest workout shown me it’s going in the right way.

I was speaking with my trainer the other day and he told me how easy it is for him to eat.

I randomly told him that when I get off a shift and I wanna hit the gym but didn’t quite get the time to get a good meal in I’d sometimes hit mcdonalds to carb up and get a good workout in.

He answered that he did the same sometimes but really amazed me when he told me he’d hit mcdonalds and get like a poutine, something like 3 burgers, 2 apple turnovers and the list goes on. I’m like shit I only get 3 double cheese and have to fight myself to get the 3rd one in.

I feel like I’m at a disadvantage as far as diet goes because not only do I consider myself a hard gainer I’m a hard eater. I can’t stand eating in the morning, and I can’t eat big in just one sitting, sure I can eat more meals but it just gets annoying, especially breakfast.

A few weeks ago to get to 190 I’d managed to eat 4 whole eggs, 2 slice of bacon, 50g of almonds, 2 cups of milk along with a banana and 52g of wheat cereal for breakfast… It was hard but I kinda managed it, the problem was that it took so long for me to eat all this food that by the time I was done I’d be up to get my snack and shortly after, my lunch… Which made it a problem because at that point I’d be too full.

I’ve been trying this week to replace the breakfast with a shake, but obviously as shown it’s miserable, I’ve been neglecting my diet a lot and I’m gonna try to get it in order, I don’t know how but I’ll have to!

29,9 2012

Meal 1
Test Booster
4 hard boiled eggs
baked potatoes (about 1 and a half small/medium sized)
2 slice of bacon

Meal 2
Smoked meat sandwich
Shake
-2 cups of milk
-1 scoop of whey protein
-5g creatine

Meal 3
2 double cheese burgers
2 apple turnovers

Meal 4
Shake
-2 cup of milk
-2 scoop of whey protein
test booster

Meal 5
16oz steak
french fries
Grilled veggies
5g creatine

I was supposed to hit the gym tonight, as of right now.

Problem is it’s 1:20 and considering I’d probably take 1;30-2:00 to do my training and then take time to eat and shower after… I need to wake up tomorrow to work at 10:30 all the way till 12 in the night, so I want to wake up fresh tomorrow and have time to actually eating a good meal and maybe a snack before hitting work. So I’ll do my shoulder tomorrow night after work or maybe in the noon if I am lucky enough to get a lunch break.

Since tomorrow is shoulders I’ll just switch my workout around and do back monday instead of bench and I figured that way everything should be okay.

30,9 2012

Meal 1
4 hard boiled eggs
2 slices of bacon

Meal 2
Shake
-2 cup milk
-2 scoop of whey protein
1 banana
test booster

Meal 3
Steak 8 oz