The Slumber Is Over

I can relate man. I’d rather just talk to someone on the phone instead of facebooking/texting. We are a dying breed.

I just lost my job due to having the kind of relationship you talk about having with your supervisor. He ended up just forcing me out. This was two weeks ago already, I don’t have the money to pay for rent for next month and I have a family to support. Gotta love it huh?

Great posts beast. Your workouts are great, and your journal entries read like a book. It’s great having some insight into the life of a soldier.
I’d just be careful with the names of locations. I don’t know if where you are is considered classified or not, but I know Alpha had to delete his first log due to it showing too much of his identity and location. I’d hate to see that happen to this log as well.

That being said, keep it up. Stay strong and I’m sure you’ll figure out any problems coming your way.
I’ll try to follow your log from now on.

Iâ??ve noticed a couple of things over the past couple of days. Mainly about me and my outward behavior. I mentioned to someone previously that I have been in rare form as of lateâ?¦a lot more aggressive and confrontational. My workouts in the gym have gone for longer periods of time, and Iâ??m just plain unpleasant sometimes. Then it occurred to me today. I havenâ??t had any type of release at all for the past two months.

Itâ??s funny how time flies, huh? I would say that I canâ??t wait until December gets here, however, Iâ??m not entirely sure a good time will be had. Especially if things go the way I wouldnâ??t mind them going. The problem that Iâ??ll be stepping into is sex. Or I should say, boring sex. I learned a while ago that I enjoy a pain with my pleasure. I like letting go of everything and just letting instinct take over. The closest Iâ??ve ever come to this is probably the day I discovered this.

With teeth sinking into my shoulder, and nails digging through the flesh of my back, I almost lost it then. It would have been very bad for my girlfriend at the time, who at 4â??10 and a buck fifteen, would not have been able to handle that well. When I did loosen up a small bit, she did, in fact, complain that I hurt her and she couldnâ??t handle it. Since then, itâ??s been nothing but vanilla.

I canâ??t help but think about another situation where the lady I was with mistook my enjoyment of pain for a bit of slap and tickle. I did not expect to have my ass slapped, much like a man would slap a womanâ??s ass, as I had her legs up by her head. That was actually pretty damn annoying.

Much like my rage, I feel like a part of me is in chains and locked up behind closed doors. Hell, I didnâ??t even masturbate often as that was just BORING!! Itâ??s funny that my idea of good sex is tied so close to my rage. I had never thought about the two together until now. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to find a woman that will give up all inhibitions and allow me to do the same. Just take off the chains and go wild. I think I would probably try and keep that woman!!

Nothing better than coming out of a good session with bruises, teeth and claw marks, broken shit, and some blood. The euphoria I feel afterward is unmatched. Hmmâ?¦the stuff I think about when left alone for a period of time. I think the best visual example of this would be from, of all shows, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, when she and Spike start off fighting each other, and in the midst of battle, start tearing at each other, just dying for that release. By the end of the scene, they laid together, each beaten badly, in the remnants of the building they were in. Now that was good shit, right there!!

With all of that pondered and now said, I had quite a decent workout this morning. Despite my back being sore, I managed to do a few things . Actually surprised myself with how hard I was going.

Perimeter Run-1.6 miles
Jump Rope/Barbell Complex x 3 (JR for 3 min. each round)
65lbs x 1 set
95lbs x 1 set
105lbs x 1 set

At this point, I decided to err on the side of caution and not overdo it. So I moved on to abs:

Sit-Outs
20 x 2 sets
Ankle-Grabs
20 x 2 sets

Weighted Crunches on Cable Machine
150lbs x 20 x 2 sets

Hanging Knees-to-Elbows
10 x 2 sets

Bench Crunches
25 x 2 sets

Reverse Crunch on Bench
20 x 2 sets

Side Planks
20 each side x 2 sets

From there, it was stretching then showers.

And now, I sit in my office, suddenly ready to start chewing on my own arm, I so hungry! And I just ate 30 minutes ago!! Hopefully I can hold out until 2. Ehâ?¦screw it. Iâ??ll eat a Clif Bar to hold me over for an hour or so. Gotta keep my energy up for tonightâ??s workout: Chest and Tris!!! Good times. Until tomorrow folks.

Good day to all! I have to say, I posted an excerpt of yesterday’s entry to another site, and wow…the responses I’ve gotten so far have been pretty…varied. On the female side, it’s more like no no no, and sociopath, and so on. I’m not too worried about the male side, as they don’t matter at this point.

I was considering clarifying, however, I’ll only say that while I would enjoy the rough stuff, it wouldn’t be an all-the-time deal, as the body needs time to heal. That and it’d be something that I wouldn’t wish to advertise to the rest of the everyday world. Just food for thought, I suppose.

Now, onto my thoughts on other things, as well as my gym time… The first bit was done last night, after chow. I hand-wrote it, so that I didn’t forget anything I was thinking at the time.

"I’m sitting here in the gym, thinking about some of the silly things going on already out here. The first, automatic promotions. I found out yesterday that my soldier was eligible for promotion due to his time in service. My reaction: HELL NAH!!! He’s spent the better part of a year fucking things up. If it were solely up to me, he would be a civilian right now.

But, the powers-that-be decided he would be given a second chance…and a third…and a fourth. I finally just stopped caring at some point. It really got bad when we got out here. The boy got on stupid and got stuck there. Of course, after I affixed my boot up his ass, he complained, and of course, this being the much kinder, gentler Army, everyone listened and started looking at me funny.

My own boss had the nerve to ask another NCO if I put hands on the boy! I was pretty bothered by that. After that, I’ve been treating her and the others a lot differently. Puts them in a whole new light. But, going back to the promotion, the soldier was told that it is not happening, and he just couldn’t accept the reasoning behind the decision.

Even with a year’s worth of negative write-ups (counseling statements for you military folk), he still felt like he should be promoted. I had to stop myself from laughing. In his mind, because he’s been behaving for the past couple of weeks, he deserves to be promoted. Get real. He’ll probably get it in October or November, if he does as I tell him to do. Probably not, though.

The second bit of stupidity is the command and staff acting like the relationship gestapo. Basically, if you are a married man or woman, you are not to have any sort of platonic, friendly relationship with the opposite sex.

If so, something must be going on between you two. No evidence or proof, just a perception. And as they say in the military, “Perception is Reality”. Stupid shit. Just a couple more bricks in the house of “I’m Getting The Hell Out of Dodge.”

The upside of the day is that I met a couple of Air Force ladies who were pretty damn pleasant. Talking with them for the short few minutes we spoke brightened up my day. Just goes to show that a smile and common courtesy goes a long way. Plus, I may be helping them with their workouts in the gym, as they are clueless as to what is what. That’s always cool. Speaking of gym, below is tonight’s session:

Incline Bench Press (B-bell)

135 x 10 (1 set)

225 x 6 (1 set)

275 x 3 (5 sets)

285 x 3 (5 sets)

Incline Dumbbell Press

100lbs x 8 (5 sets)

Close-Grip Bench Press

135 x 12 (5 sets)

Skull Crushers

85 x 8 (3 sets)

Overhead Triceps Extension (Single Arm)

40lbs x 5 (1 set)

25lbs x 12 (3 sets)

Dips (Bench)

BW + 45lbs x 15 (3 sets)

Dumbbell Kickbacks

20lbs x 15 (3 sets)

I was pretty well smoked after that, so I called it a night.

This is two weeks into my training. Since we don’t have decent mirrors outside of the gym, I have to rely on my roommates to take pics. I’m not posing in front of them. lol.

Now, this morning, I woke up in “rare form” again. I just had too much hostility to work off, so I threw on my weighted vest, and went to work.

Elliptical x 25 minutes

Box Jumps (2 ft.) x 100

Box Jumps (8 in) x 300

Dips x 100

I was pretty well smoked and soaked after the last set of dips, so I called it a session. Seems to have taken that edge off completely, so I’m gooooood right now. Actually passed out during lunch. Oh well…Back and Bi’s tonight!

NIce work dude. Will definately be following.

It’s been a couple of days, hasn’t it? Yesterday was pretty much a lost cause, as I was either asleep at the wheel, or sorting mail, or reviewing some stuff that most people would not want to deal with. In that time, however, I’ve been learning some pretty interesting things, both about myself and about others. As I mentioned in the previous entry, I opened up a small can of worms regarding some of my desires.

At one point, the term “sociopath” was thrown out there. I am most assuredly not one of those. Thankfully, a couple of people stepped up and are actually engaging the topic and providing a lot of insight. Of course, a lot of it dealt with the BDSM culture, however, it’s not as simple as that, apparently. Needless to say, I’ll be doing a lot of research into all of what was discussed, and how I fit into that realm. Some pretty interesting and thought-provoking stuff.

I’ll say that embracing that part of me has caused me to reconsider some things as far as relationships go. It actually complicates things a bit, as I will have to be a lot more open when discussing sex with a potential girlfriend. I don’t anticipate most ladies swinging anywhere near that direction! Oh well…enough for now. Onto the workouts!

Since Tuesday morning’s session, I haven’t had to deal with the aggression much. That’s a blessing. I don’t know what I would do with myself if I remained like that for a long period of time. I would probably have to go back into counseling/therapy, just to cover myself. It’d also be part of my way of letting my bosses know that things aren’t as alright as they may think.

While I am pretty open and honest with folks, some don’t take to heart what I tell them. From a normal person’s perspective, if I am telling you that something is “off” with me, it’s a big deal, as I am typically the cool, calm, collected type around most people. The last time my information when un-heeded, I ended up having to be locked into an office to keep me away from the source of my angst at the time. It was bad. Ativan what my friend that day. But, moving along, Tuesday evening was back and bi’s. You all know what that means!

Deadlifts:

135 x 5 (Warmup)

315 x 5 (2 sets)

385 x 3 (8 sets)

315 x 6 (2 sets)

With my lower back giving me some small troubles, I decided to err on the side of caution from here on out…

Seated Rows (Machine)

185 x 10 (5 sets)

Chins/Pullups

BW x 5 (10 sets)

Barbell Curls

105 x 6 (3 sets)

95 x 6 (3 sets)

Hammer Curls

45lbs x 16 (consecutive count, 4 sets)

Scott Curls

20 x 15 (1 set)

30 x 15 (1 set)

20 x 20 (1 set)

Reverse-Grip Barbell Curls

65 x 8 (3 sets)

That took some starch out of me for the night. The next morning proved to be a lil more tiresome…

Hill Sprints (40 m with the weighted vest on)

Sledgehammer Drills

6 rounds x 1:00 (3 over right, 3 over left)

Abs (I forget what all I did…I just know it sucked immensely!)

After this workout, I was pretty useless for most of the day. So bad, in fact, I found myself in my room before lunch, and passed out for a couple of hours. From there, it was time for me to help sort out mail for the unit. It wouldn’t have been bad, save for the ass-clown who runs the mailroom and is basically a Negative Nancy.

I avoid this dude simply because he is a complete downer. But, it was worth it in the end, as I got some more of my missing mail! Pity the excitement was short lived, as some of my belongings were crushed and/or destroyed by the mishandling done by the mail clerks. I tell ya, if I had the power to do so, I would definitely allow them folks down south to feel my wrath! Mail and gym.

Those are the only things I have to look forward to out here! Feeling resentment and some anger, I decided that even though I was working late, and time was against me, I would take my ass to the gym for my leg workout. I’d been reading about Rest-Pause training, so I thought I would give it a try. I should be careful about curiosity.

Front Squats

135 x 5 (3 sets, warmup)

Squats

225 x 6 (1 set)

245 x 5 (1 set)

290 x 2, 15 sec rest, 290 x 2, 15 sec, 290 x 2, 15 sec, 290 x 2, 15 sec, 290 x 2 (this constituted 1 set. I did 3 sets.)

225 x 5, 20 sec rest…(did this iteration 3 times, for 3 sets)

Lying Leg Curls

35lbs each leg x 12 (3 sets)

Lunges

105 x 10 (1 set is all it took for me to realize that I was smoked!)

Calf Raises

135 x 15 (3 sets)

That rest-pause stuff destroyed me. So much so that I overslept by two hours this morning. The only times I even budged last night were during my tinkle-times, and when big guns went boom. Other than those times, I was gone. I guess that was my body’s way of telling me I needed rest. I am not complaining one bit. Tonight is shoulders, and I’m giving serious thought to taking it lightly. Probably won’t happen, though. I’m a glutton for punishment! For now, it’s back to research mode! Deuces…

Itâ??s most definitely been an interesting couple of days out here. Between sitting in a little market, guarding some locals, to being reprimanded about the some of the contents of my blog, to having a new job, things are very interesting. And yes, I got in a bit of hot water for some things in my previous blogs that were deemed sensitive. I can do nothing but take that one on the chin. Shoulda known better, but, part of life is making mistakes and learning from them. So, Iâ??ll take my lumps and move on in regards to that, however, a reader of my blog, who knew of it by being very nosy, decided to track it down to see what I write about. The reader got pretty upset over some things that were mentioned. I offer no apologies, as what I have mentioned should not be news. Well, save for one partâ?¦but outside of that, nope. I feel no remorse. I was told I would have to work to regain the readerâ??s trust, however, I staunchly disagree. At the moment, itâ??s not worth my time or effort. So, with that said, Iâ??ll move on to some other things that have been taking up space in my head.

As most of you know, Iâ??m looking forward to going back to the states later this year. Been a while since Iâ??ve been out there, and Iâ??ve got peoples that I wish to see. Iâ??ve got two weeks to see them all. Now comes the tricky part. I got a serious curve-ball thrown my way. Someone from my past has been reaching out to me. It started while I was still living stateside, however, I didnâ??t devote any excess energy into checking things out. I was pretty much focused on moving on, away from the states.

When I get to Germany, itâ??s not long before I meet someone who catches my eye, and we appear to hit it off. I say appear because in reality, while the woman was very nice to look at, I truly didnâ??t feel much. It felt more like a matter of course to pursue things, so I went with it. In doing that, I made myself into a bonafide piece of shit. The fact that I even took it a step further by telling her things I wasnâ??t really feeling made it that much worse on my part. As time went on, I began to feel a cold emptiness in my chest that only continued to grow as time progressed. There was one slip-up where she felt my indifference, but I managed to patch things up fairly quickly.

But again, playing the role of boyfriend became a game I no longer wanted to play, so with an exercise coming up, I used that as an excuse to take a break from her. I was hoping that with time apart, I would begin to feel for her. Nope. Didnâ??t happen. In fact, my thoughts of ending things became a definite after I received a message from an old ex. One that I feel I let go of too soon. She was pretty distraught as a situation occurred that left her in a pretty bad way.

In that moment, everything that was going on at the time, from the military to the girlfriend, just didnâ??t matter any longer. I only wanted to be there for the ex. And that is when I pumped the brakes on everything. Three things took place because of that feeling in that moment. I ended the charade with the girlfriend, confessing my true feelings, or lack thereof. I told the ex of my feelings about her and our situation (much like an endless emotional waltz for almost 5 years) and how we needed to finally shit or get off the pot. And to me, the most important thing was my decision to get out of the military upon my ETS date. With those three things taken care of (she opted to get off the pot), I felt a liberation I hadnâ??t ever felt before. Although I was a little sad over the events that transpired, from hurting one person to letting go of another, it was still like a new beginning for me. I had a light at the end of a very long, dark, damp tunnel. Since that time, Iâ??ve been working on getting to know myself betterâ?¦get comfortable with myself again. And in doing that, I would have to get comfortable with certain things about myself that I knew were hanging around in my head, collecting dust. Weâ??ve already touched on a couple of those things, the rage and the sexual things, but I know there will be more to follow. Like the curve-ball.

She had continued keeping in touch with me thru the months Iâ??d been gone, and just recently, I have begun to notice. So far, I like her, however, with my issues, Iâ??m not sure where this would go. Well, I know where itâ??ll go, but I donâ??t know how itâ??ll go. I am actually fearful of scaring her off. Hell, sheâ??s already told me that sheâ??s intimidated by me, and I havenâ??t shared much of anything with her. I can only imagine how sheâ??d react when she finds out how aggressive I can and want to be sometimes. One friend has likened me to Jekyll and Hyde. And while I tried to push that notion aside, I have to admit that with the way I present myself to the world, and how I have the potential to show myself in a very different light, she hit the nail on the head. Perhaps Iâ??m just over-thinking things, and should just go with the flow. I can do that, but I donâ??t want to get to the point of meeting, then have to keep a façade going the entire time Iâ??m with her. I want the real me to be known. One where I donâ??t have to keep Mr. Hyde locked up at all times when Iâ??m around her. Iâ??m leaning toward bringing her into my world slowly and with extreme caution. Something I will have to think about, I suppose. And once again, Iâ??ve strayed from the actual purpose of this medium: my training. So, without further ado, I present my workouts from 29 July forward.

29 July 2010

Evening-Shoulders

Standing Military Press

135 x 3 (Warmup set)

135 x 8 (2 sets)

155 x 6 (3 sets)

165 x 4 (4 sets)

155 x 6 (2 sets)

135 x 8 (2 sets)

Barbell Shrugs

135 x 20 (4 sets)

Standing Alt. Dumbbell Press

40lbs x 40 (consecutive count; 4 sets)

Standing Barbell Front-Raises

65lbs x 8 (4 sets)

Lateral Raises

40lbs x 6 (1 set)

35lbs x 8 (3 sets)

Reverse Dumbbell Flyes

20lbs x 15 (4 sets)

30 July 2010

Morning

Perimeter Run w/weighted vest

1.6 miles

Plyo Box Jumps w/weighted vest

50 jumps

Weighted Leg Lifts (ankle weights-5lbs each)

15 x 3 sets

Single-Arm Sledgehammer Drills

3 x 2 minute rounds (1 min per arm)

Abs

1 August 2010

Morning

Elliptical

Speed Intervals x 30 min

Jumprope/Hang Cleans

5 rounds: 3 minutes/115 x 10

Heavybag Work-Kicks

3 rounds x 2 minutes (1 min per leg)

Ab Rollouts

3 x 15

Leg Lifts

3 x 15

Situps

100 reps

Supermans

2 x 10

And now, Iâ??m about to go take care of my chesticles and triâ??s. Should be funâ?¦going to actually go with the flat bench today.

Did you stop training?

Hey Khalid! Sorry for the disappearing act. Didn’t stop altogether, however, turns out my previous diagnosis was bi-polar disorder was very much accurate, as I was all over the place mentally and emotionally for a while, especially last month. I’ve been trying to reset myself for the past couple of weeks, so I’m just now getting back into a routine. Of course, I started off this morning doing things the “non-traditional” way, as one officer put it.

Jumprope/Tire Flip/Sledgehammer Work x 5 rounds

Jumprope x 2:00
Tire Flips x 5 (last round was 11)
Sledge Hammer x 10 swings each arm (8lb. sledge), then 50 swings with 16lb. sledge.

I kept it short as I had security detail this morning, as well. I’m currently tossing a coin to see if I’ll do back or legs today in the gym. I’m leaning toward legs. Thanks for the interest, though. I’ll be keeping this updated more frequently, now that I have some sort of handle on things.

Waking up this morning at 0330, I felt a stiffness that I hadnâ??t felt in what feels like forever. And no, not that kind of stiffness. Pervs. I guess the tire flips were more tiresome than I thought, as I felt soreness throughout all the muscles in my back. I forgot how good this feels. As I pushed off of my cot, the soreness spread down to my forearms and hands. I was actually elated! I couldnâ??t wait to get in the gym now. Itâ??s been a while since Iâ??ve been this motivated, especially with all that has been going on in my head. But before I show this morningâ??s workout, have to review last nightâ??s “express” session, as they changed our dining facility hours again. Annoying as hell.

Shoulders

Handstand Pushups

BW x 3 (3 sets from floor)

BW x 2 (3 sets elevated off floor)

Overhead Press

135 x 10 (4 sets)

Lateral Raises w/Kettlebells (it was a surprise seeing a bunch of k-bells sitting in the corner!)

35lbs x 5 (4 sets)

Reverse Flyes (w/head on bench)

20 x 12 (3 sets)

I wanted to do more, however, with time being so short, I stopped there. Not a bad session overall, though. Iâ??d been having difficulties with sleep, and then I took time off to get my head on right, so this was a good way to get back into a routine. And speaking of routine, here is this morningâ??s work.

Elliptical x 2 miles

Jumprope x 3 min. superset with elevated depth pushups x 15

Lateral Jumps (jumping over an elevated barbell from side to side): 30, 40, then 50 jumps

Reverse Hyperextensions (did this by leaning my chest on the apperatus, then raising my legs up in the air) x 10 (3 sets)

At this point, I stopped, as I want to ease back into things. That and tonight is going to be a goood one! Cleans, baby!!!

So this evening was supposed to be devoted to cleans. Nope. I got bit by the deadlift bug, so I had to throw that in there. Actually, didn’t get bit. Had a bit of “excess” energy to burn off. I know this feeling well now. A bit on the manic side as the afternoon went by, but no worries…the deadlifts took care of that. After almost two weeks away from it, I probably should have stayed in the 3’s, however, that wasn’t the case. After a warmup set with 315, I slapped another 90 pounds on the bar, grabbed my chalk, and went to town! Par for the course, there were spectators, as well as a couple of guys who attempted to crack jokes about my stance upon grabbing the bar. While remaining my my squatted stance, I just casually eye-fucked the two scrawny bastards until they proceeded with whatever the hell they called themselves doing. Once that distraction was taken care of, fun was had.

Deadlifts

315 x 6 (2 sets-warmup)

405 x 3 (5 sets)

Hang Cleans

155 x 5 (5 sets)

Barbell Row (UH Grip)

215 x 8 (4 sets)

Weighted Pullups

BW + 45 x 4 (3 sets)

Chinups

BW x 5 (3 sets)

Farmers Walks

100lb plate in each hand x 85 yards

I attempted to play with my new head harness (neck), and managed to work the back of my neck. Couldn’t quite figure out how to get the front, as nothing was high enough for me to lay on and work it. Pity… Even worse, throughout the workout, the very tasty and very not good for me white-chocolate mocha I had wreaked all kinds of hell on my intestines. This made things very unpleasant for the two dipshits in the power-rack beside mine, who were still doing God-knows-what. Good times!!

Have to say, I came into the day with the intention of running around the FOB a couple of times, then working my legs in the evening. Well, after I woke up an hour later than intended, it was much too dusty and polluted outside, so I was reduced to treadmill duty. A while later, I decided to do some more, as I still had some energy lingering.

Another half-hour later, I was spent. What was supposed to be an off-day for me turned into a “lax” day, as I ended up working…just in pt’s instead of full uniform. I’m not complaining, though. I managed to watch The Last Airbender, which was a pretty cool flick. For this evening, again, I had full intention of smoking my legs with the usual recipe: Squats, leg press, and lunges.

I got under the bar, dropped down, attempted to explode up…and realized that it was more of a tiny sizzle. NO MOTIVATION!!! I went thru the motions for a couple of sets, but decided to call it. And then came a fighter…

A.M.

Run (Treadmill w/various inclines) x 3.5 miles

Handstand Pushups ss w/Box Jumps x 5 (5 sets)

Abs

P.M.

Futile attempt at squats

135 x 6 (2 sets-warmup)

225 x 6 (1 set to realize the futility in continuing)

MUAY THAI Session x 1 hour, and a million and one combinations later…

Legs and hip-flexors…thoroughly smoked.

The looks on the faces of most of the people who didn’t think a gorilla could move and kick…priceless.

I’m actually giving some thought into competing again, upon my return to the states. With continued training and hopefully some sparring soon, it just may happen. Night all.

Last night was a turning point for me. I finally did something strictly for me and my future. I’m not sure if I shared this with anyone, but my plan is to get out of the military and work with kids/teens/some adults as both a personal trainer and social worker. It’s a desire I’ve had for a long time, but finally put it in motion last night. Hell, for the longest time, I didn’t even realize this was the path for me. I’d pretty much been stuck on “idle” for the past 12 years. Simply doing things that other people wanted me to do. Well…it’s about time I became captain of my ship called destiny.

For a while last night, the brevity of the situation didn't sink in.  I was pretty shell-shocked, to say the least.  Now, it's full steam ahead!  Just waiting for the certification package to arrive.  While I wait, I'm going to continue whipping myself back into the shape I need to be in.  Not just for running 10 miles, but to ensure I am always physically and mentally ready for anything.  This is actually funny to me.  Just the other night, I was attempting to conduct a leg workout, but couldn't muster my mojo for it, so I just watched another Muay Thai (kickboxing) practitioner put in work on the heavybag.  

When he was done, I felt my mojo return, but instead of lifting weights, I began practicing Muay Thai myself. The looks on the faces of the various people watching me was priceless. I think it shocked them that I actually knew what I was doing. I’m typically labeled as “intense” or “angry-looking”, so to add “skilled in martial-arts” to that probably threw them off. I didn’t care, though. It felt good to stretch my legs and work the bag. So good that I kept at it for over an hour. That is now something I’ll be throwing into my regimen from here on out.

Now, after I complete this certification and smoke the exam, my next step will be to find a couple of clients.  I'll also be searching for a place to call home when I get out.  My plan is to go to college, obtain a degree in both Exercise Science and Social Work, possibly getting a Master's in Social Work.  So, wherever I choose to go will be home for several years.  I'm definitely open to suggestions!  At the moment, Washington DC is looking good.  For now, time to do some work!  

Yeah, I know I’ve been slippin again. These past couple of days have been a lil busier, but also productive. I’ve been writing a lot more, plus, I ended up rolling with someone the other night. That was fun. He was apparently the All-Army Champion in combatives (fighting), and I choked him out. I was pretty fatigued after that, so Thursday was a rest day. Yesterday started off pretty busy, however, I did manage to get some “yard” work in:

Friday, 17 September 2010- Yard Work

Tire Flips (Tractor-Trailer Tire)

6-8 reps (10 sets)

Sledgehammer Swings

50 swings (I was very much done after this set!)

I ended up staying in the office until well after midnight last night. I was writing. Couldn’t bring myself to stop, so I slept late this morning. Between doing work and writing more today, I managed to keep pretty active until it was time to hit the gym this evening. During a break this morning, I knocked out a bunch of pushups ('cuz that’s so challenging!), then after lunch, I went directly to the gym and completed 9 sets of pullups and chins (with varying grips) for a total of 45. Not bad…at least I was awake afterward. After walking the FOB at a good clip, I was back in the office for a while. Writing, still, but also working. By the time I was done, it was dark outside, so I skipped dinner and hit the gym.

Saturday night, 18 September 2010-All Together Now!

Pullups

BW x 6 (Warmup)

BW + 35 x 6 (2 sets)

Barbell Rows/Overhead Press

135 x 15/12 (3 sets)

Romanian Deadlift/Squats

135 x 12/12 (3 sets)

Alt. Dumbbell Curls

40 x 16 (3 sets)

Single-arm OH Triceps Ext.

30 x 12 (3 sets)

Pretty light, however I kept the intensity up, and finished this in 30 minutes. During the course of the workout, I discovered it was time to take my uniform to the laundry folks…yes, I was smelling myself a bit! Never a good thing. So with that thought in mind, time to call it a night. Gotta run in the morning!