The Sleeping Puzzle

I always used to be exausted when I slept, I would try to get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night but no matter what I would always wake up feeling a little tired (not overly) but I would have an extremely hard time actually getitng out of bed. I went to a doctor to explain this and he sent me to get a blood test, never heard back from him so i guess my blood is fine.

One night I went to bed about 2:30am, woke up at 8:30 and I felt fantastic, even weirder, I woke up easier and felt more awake in school. So I tried continuing this pattern to see if i burnt out. I’ve done this for a week now and I feel great and much better then I did before the only thing im worried about is …is it normal for someone to only sleep 6hours a day? Bad for my body at all?

If it feels good it’s good for you,so keep it this way.
For me it’s the opposite. I need to sleep a lot,if I sleep just a bit less because I put the alarm clock then I feel dizzy all day long…it’s horrible.

[quote]Rookie21 wrote:
I always used to be exausted when I slept, I would try to get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night but no matter what I would always wake up feeling a little tired (not overly) but I would have an extremely hard time actually getitng out of bed. I went to a doctor to explain this and he sent me to get a blood test, never heard back from him so i guess my blood is fine.

One night I went to bed about 2:30am, woke up at 8:30 and I felt fantastic, even weirder, I woke up easier and felt more awake in school. So I tried continuing this pattern to see if i burnt out. I’ve done this for a week now and I feel great and much better then I did before the only thing im worried about is …is it normal for someone to only sleep 6hours a day? Bad for my body at all?[/quote]

I used to only sleep 6 hours for years. Now I feel better with 7.

I think it’s fine if you feel good about it. For me, I need 7-8 hours. Usually if I get less, it’s a bitch to wake up. If I get more, I feel lethargic for most of the day.