The Skinny on Novedex XT and Libido?

I bought Novedex XT because I read the research and recent studies and it all sounded good.

Decrease in estrogen.
Increase in Test.
Avg 3.5% decrease in body fat.
and some lean muscle gains.

I haven’t started it because
… as I troll the net I keep on running into
the ocassional report of a decrease in libido.

How is that possible?

I’ve even read of people talking about “estrogen sensitive” libido and that killing off your estrogen can affect that.

OK… I can totally buy the idea of some men having “estrogen sensitive” libido… but it sounds anecdotal.

Regardless my questions…

1. Anyone here had lowered libido with Novedex XT?
    If so, would you mind giving some stats (age, fat %, etc)?

2. Anyone have any solid science on “estrogen sensitive” libido?

Some estrogen is required for libido, pleasure nerve sensitivity, semen, etc. If you drive estrogen too low, you get pretty much the same symptoms as estrogen too high.

Everyone is different, so it’s probably best to start at a low dose, then slowly work up to what feels optimal for you.

Exactly, and for what it’s worth, Novedex may be a great aromatase inhibitor, but the cost per dose is ridiculous. Anastrozole has hundreds of studies proving its effectiveness and is 1/4 to 1/8 the cost of Novedex. If you want to get into aromatase inhibition, anastrozole is much more cost effective.

Really,

I got Novedex XT for about 35 bucks.

[quote]hbojorquez wrote:
Really,

I got Novedex XT for about 35 bucks.[/quote]

It’s easy enough to do the math…

At $35 for 60 caps, that’s 58 cents a cap and they recommend “2 to 4” caps per day, right? So that’s basically one to two bucks a day. If you take 2 caps a day, that’s $35 a month or $420 a year, best case scenario.

Anastrozole is a dollar a milligram and you take .25 mg every other day so that’s like 13 cents a day for anastrozole. Your $60 bottle of anastrozole will last you 480 days which works out to $3.75 a month or $45 a year.

Ooooh. Math rocks!

A YEAR?
Is that hyperbole? I thought you only do the anti-aromatase for 8 weeks or so.

Regardless,
I’ve been on very low dosages of Testim. A tube a week.
I may give anti-aromatase a try… if I experience estrogen freakishness… I’ll supplement with Flax seed oil for the phytos

A tube of testim a week? Is that helping you?

[quote]hsanitarium wrote:
A YEAR?
Is that hyperbole? I thought you only do the anti-aromatase for 8 weeks or so.

Regardless,
I’ve been on very low dosages of Testim. A tube a week.
I may give anti-aromatase a try… if I experience estrogen freakishness… I’ll supplement with Flax seed oil for the phytos[/quote]

If you are on TRT, you probably need AI [amomatase inhibitor] at all times. Most AIs will not lead to uncontrolled lowering of E levels. A few are highly sensitive to anastrozole and need to take only 1/8 -1/4 mg per week. Most others should start with 1mg/wk then refine the dose based on symptoms and/or lab numbers.

Low doses of T can often not do anything. Transdermal T does not work at all for some and for some others who respond well, they can become non-responsive. Injections are the only alternative for those.

You have a lot of reading to do.

You need to understand T, AI and hCG issues.

Interesting that raised test/lowered E can result in decreased libido for some guys. My sex drive was non-existent on NXT, but I was only on it for two weeks and Dec. happened to be a very shitty month, stress-wise. I had just come off a Halodrol cycle at the time. I can’t be convinced that the ATD screwed me up; there are too many other potential factors.

What are the most important hormones for libido in both men and women? Obviously, it’s more than Test and E.

And what about the idea of taking an AI along with herbal test/libido boosters for PCT?