The Skinny on BCAA's and Surge

Ok, I finally ordered some Surge, and it’ll be in any day now. I’m really stoked about using it, but my question is this:

On non training days, how should I take Surge and my BCAA’s. I know how to use them pre/during/post workout, but outside of that, what’s the best approach?

My goal is muscle gain.

Thanks

I wouldn’t take Surge on non-training days. its designed to be a post-workout drink. so if your not working out, don’t take it. if you really want a p+c drink to consume on nontraining days just use Metabolic Drive complete or throw some fruit and/or oats in a blender with some whey protein.

you have been advised on Surge, BCAA can be taken 30-60min before meals, with meals, dose is 5-10g per, so 30-60g per day.

focus the rest of your effort on nutrition. Berardi’s seven habits should be your base.

30g a day? that would make a bottle last what, 8-9 days? How do you guys afford such protocols?

Just take 5g right when you wake up, and another 5g mid day, 5g right before bed. Non-training days.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
30g a day? that would make a bottle last what, 8-9 days? How do you guys afford such protocols?

Just take 5g right when you wake up, and another 5g mid day, 5g right before bed. Non-training days.[/quote]

fair point, i hate the rich too! and i second what you say about your off days…

Ok, so I got the Surge today (chocolate, it’s actually yummy!) but I saw on the back where it said to eat a meal that was 67% carbs and 33% protein. I’ve looked for it, and can’t really pinpoint what that means. This is where my weakness is when it comes to nutrition, that is finding out what percentage of what is what.

Would that be like four ounces of chicken and eight ounces of grean beans, something like that?

I am assuming that you are asking about the first meal after your post-workout shake? Well, take your Surge during/after you workout and then about 30minutes to an hour after you should eat a protein/carb meal. Go with a meat (chicken/steak/fish), a sweet potato and green veggies. Wheat pasta or brown rice could be other options.