4 Sets Wide Grip Chinups (Slight Lean Back) 8-12 Reps
4 Sets Bent Over Barbell Rows 8-12 Reps
2 Sets Facepulls 8-12 Reps
6 Sets Incline Bench Press(20 Degrees) 8-12 Reps
4 Sets Front Squats 12-15 Reps
2 Sets Seated Barbell Shoulder Press 8-12 Reps
2 Sets Romanian Deadlifts 12-15 Reps
1 Set Hyper Extensions Till Failure

Ok Chris im going to tell you the truth i am 6"2 although I have not been working out with a gym routine, i dont have access to the gym at the moment so i have been doing pushups at the moment and i have about 5 years experience with bodybuilding/weightlifting through research i have knowledge on how to build muscle and i know how to lift/eat/etc. i understand it and i know to the eye my routine sounds shit but its geared specifically towards me and why it is like that is because:

I have weak legs because in my life i have NEVER used them for training EVER so as you can tell they would tire very quickly and i would need to start off at something at my level and then i would increase the work i do on my legs.

I am training calves because what I have picked up is the people doing calve raises never seem to have calves, people who have the calves are sprinters and strongmen. The only person in my life that I have met who started off with small calves and later developed them was a polish guy who would do incline treadmill walks and incline treadmill sprints and had gigantic calves so I am going to do the same.

The reason why I do not want to directly train arms is because I have always had disproportionate big arms its heriditary they even grow from pushups quite noticeably and pulling upward movement like pullups and chinups should be more than enough, I have trained with chinups for one month and my arms already blew up from it so the training I am doing should be more than enough for them, i dont want to sound like im bragging about good genetics or bullshit like that but im sorry i have no other way to put it its the simple truth.

About the chest and shoulder training I have been doing pushups so those areas are a strong point they are already developed although the reason why I want to do incline is because I need to fill out the collarbone areas my “lower chest” is dominative over the clavicular/upper muscle of the chest i have the feeling I could use more work in these areas but I guess once I start training in the gym I will know how much I need to add in those areas, if you have any suggestions I will take them, im open to listen.

well correct me if im wrong but i remember seeing pre-exhaustion as this (for example you would pre-exhaust the chest with flys for example before you do your main chest movements to focus on the triceps) so that would be counterproductive working the quads right? wouldnt it be the other way you work glutes and/or hamstrings?

I know I will have to reach the 90kg/200 pound area to look noticeably muscular in terms of my goals, but really with a few years 20 pounds of lean muscle isnt much to gain. aesthetics is my goal a well balanced proportioned physique if you want to know specifically what I mean I want to look like zyzz and you may know him with mohammad makkawys legs or twinmuscleworkout/the hodgetwins.

anyway theres my explanation sorry if it caused any confusion with you :slight_smile:

bump

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
to give you an idea of my frame see “the hodgetwins” almost identical physique to mine although I have symmetrical abs and shorter arms[/quote]
Above is a pic of one of the Hodge twins. You’re saying you currently look “almost identical” to that?

Wait, so you’re not actually currently doing the routine you wrote above? I’m confused.

So, to be clear, you’ve been reading about bodybuilding/weightlifting for 5 years, and you’ve been lifting for 1 year (as listed in your profile)?

You have weak legs because you don’t train your legs with any amount of intensity or volume. 4x12-15 while staying 2-3 reps shy of failure is crap.

Wrong and wrong. Yes, calves are a common trouble spot for people, but the guys you see who “have calves” are the ones who train them relentlessly until they find out the training they respond best to. Incline walking or running will not build your calves unless you’re genetically blessed, in which case they’ll probably respond to almost anything.

I have to take your word for this since you’re not up for posting pics. Some people can see good arm growth from only compound lifts like chin-ups. If you’re one of them, good on 'ya.

Again, any talk of “filling out” relates to your height and weight. Another 20-30 pounds of muscular bodyweight can significantly change how “filled out” you look. Those muscular gains will come from a better training program and the right nutrition.

You’re not as open to listening as you might think. I already offered suggestions.

Above is a pic of one of the Hodge twins. You’re saying you currently look “almost identical” to that?

Yes

Wait, so you’re not actually currently doing the routine you wrote above? I’m confused.

Yes

So, to be clear, you’ve been reading about bodybuilding/weightlifting for 5 years, and you’ve been lifting for 1 year (as listed in your profile)?

Yes

You have weak legs because you don’t train your legs with any amount of intensity or volume. 4x12-15 while staying 2-3 reps shy of failure is crap.

I’ve never trained legs so I plan to start off at 4 sets and then increase the number of sets as time goes by, unless you have other sugggestions

Wrong and wrong. Yes, calves are a common trouble spot for people, but the guys you see who “have calves” are the ones who train them relentlessly until they find out the training they respond best to. Incline walking or running will not build your calves unless you’re genetically blessed, in which case they’ll probably respond to almost anything.

Yes I am genetically gifted in calves, not freakishly gifted but I have quite decent calve development and haven’t trained them. I am going to try incline treadmill walks/sprints when i start and if that doesn’t work I’ll try something else

Again, any talk of “filling out” relates to your height and weight. Another 20-30 pounds of muscular bodyweight can significantly change how “filled out” you look. Those muscular gains will come from a better training program and the right nutrition.

Ok my bad about the filling out part I was specifically talking about my chest proportions the upper chest looks small compared to the middle and lower chest(i know lower chest doesnt exist its all middle but you know what I mean)

You’re not as open to listening as you might think. I already offered suggestions.

I know you have but there is good reason as to why I neglected them it’s because you don’t know the full story, I didn’t explain myself well and I’m sorry for that I should have done that earlier hopefully we can resolve this

1 Like

bump