The Secret to Longevity

I knew I was right.

Hmm, this seems more likely than the food he ate…

The couple had no children.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:

I knew I was right.[/quote]

No question that “genes” are the secret to longevity.

Okay…where do I get them?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hmm, this seems more likely than the food he ate…

The couple had no children.
[/quote]

Son of a…

1 Like

Bullshit.

How is a sausage-and-waffles diet unhealthy?
How are waffles junkfood?
I eat whole grain,organic waffles that are pretty damn good and have nothing bad in them;I don’t see them killing me anytime soon.
How are waffles gonna cut your life span in half?

You shouldn’t believe everything you read from news websites/media.

Your lifestyle IS important and does contribute to longevity.
It has already been proven that more people who live unhealthy lifestyles die younger than those who do.
It doesn’t say he ate nothing but fast food and snicker bars.
All it says is he ate sausages and waffles.
I have something called an Irish breakfast,especially when I go to ireland to see my cousins,where I eat irish sausage,baked homestyle beans,sprouted grain toast,and some scrambled eggs or eggs done sunny side up with a few servings of fruit.
The guys I know that eat like this are VERY healthy,yet big and strong too.
I believe it’s whats in the food and not just what the food is that counts when it comes to good health.

It doesn’t say anything about him not eating produce or exercising.
By the way,if he was 112,then that means that even the processed foods in the 50’s weren’t anywhere near as unhealthy as todays processed foods.
So that means for more than half his life those waffles he ate when he was 20 weren’t the same as todays tran fat-filled processed waffles.
I’d like someone to live off a junk food diet of TODAYS processed foods and see if they live to be 112,let alone 70;And I’m not talking about moderation.

Quit being brainwashed by the media.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Bullshit.

I eat whole grain,organic waffles that are pretty damn good and have nothing bad in them;I don’t see them killing me anytime soon.

It had already been proven that more people who live unhealthy lifestyles die younger than those who do.
I have something called an Irish breakfast,especially when I go to ireland to see my cousins,where I eat irish sausage,baked homestyle beans,sprouted grain toast,and some scrambled eggs or eggs done sunny side up with a few servings of fruit.
I believe it’s whats in the food and not just what the food is that counts when it comes to good health.

By the way,if he was 112,then that means that even the processed foods in the 50’s weren’t anywhere near as unhealthy as todays processed foods.
So that means for more than half his life those waffles he ate when he was 20 weren’t the same as todays tran fat-filled processed waffles.
I’d like someone to live off a junk food diet of TODAYS processed foods and see if they live to be 112,let alone 70;And I’m not talking about moderation.

Quit being brainwashed by the media.[/quote]

nuh uh. YOU quit be brainwashed. I’m smarter than you.

The last thing we need is so called “experts” saying lifestyle plays only a small part in life quality and longevity. I do believe his genes played a large part but at the same time I have a feeling there’s more to it than what they say in the article. The man was 140lbs, so I’m sure he didnt sit on his ass all day eating 6000 calories worth of sausages and waffles.

Maybe in ~90 years Professor X will have an article like this. I can see it now… “Obese man with diet consisting of fast food dies at 120”

[quote]kevbo wrote:
The last thing we need is so called “experts” saying lifestyle plays only a small part in life quality and longevity. I do believe his genes played a large part but at the same time I have a feeling there’s more to it than what they say in the article. The man was 140lbs, so I’m sure he didnt sit on his ass all day eating 6000 calories worth of sausages and waffles.

Maybe in ~90 years Professor X will have an article like this. I can see it now… “Obese man with diet consisting of fast food dies at 120” [/quote]

is that an NES boxing game? the graphics look sweeeet

[quote]kevbo wrote:

Maybe in ~90 years Professor X will have an article like this. I can see it now… “Obese man with diet consisting of fast food dies at 120” [/quote]

LOL…

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
is that an NES boxing game? the graphics look sweeeet[/quote]

It looks like Ring King…one of my favorites growing up.

[quote]CC wrote:
Rusty Barbell wrote:
is that an NES boxing game? the graphics look sweeeet

It looks like Ring King…one of my favorites growing up.
[/quote]

It is Ring King. I always wondered what the Hell was going on in that part.

nice article. we should give up eating healthy. its futile.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Bullshit.

It has already been proven that more people who live unhealthy lifestyles die younger than those who do.

Quit being brainwashed by the media.[/quote]

Wow, that Irish breakfast sounds like it is absolutely delicous. Why do I have to eat oatmeal>?

On the plus side, a “german breakfast” is roughly equivalent to a beer and a chicken fried steak.