The Second Presidential Debate

I know what he said, I posted what I think is horseshit.

However I don´t like the spin the MSM puts on his every utterance whether it makes sense or not.

I especially do not like how they ignore the things that are really deplorable, and focus on the BS that they think will have an emotional impact.

Then, I don´t know what Trump wants.

It could have very well been a publicity stunt in the beginning, but I think he tasted blood now and this is not a guy who likes to lose.

Amen, he hardly has any donors.

It is funny how I finally understand the appeal of plutocrates in the late Roman republic.

1 Like

I’m getting from context that this Stormfront must be a white supremacy group, right?

Do you stay up to date on this stuff or what?

Not casting aspersions, just genuinely curious. I used to know some pretty nasty people (pre-internet) from a pretty well known white prison gang, but have been out of touch with that whole movement for a long time.

This is the current alternative

Lol, I check in on the lowest Internet spots every now and then. Stormfront, American Renaissance and Vdare. The rung above them houses Breitbart, Salon, The Intercept, and the cultural bloggers at The Guardian. And so on. But the Stormfront/Trump “love at first sight” story was pretty popular in actual newspapers iirc.

Lonnie, I agree with you. I think most decent people would say that his remarks are disrespectful to women, offensive, and unfitting a leader of our country.

To clarify, that quote I put up, I was in part pointing out that the intelligentsia of the left, and many of the feminist writers who are really laying on the “I’m so offended” talk right now, are very uneven in what they will dismiss as “no big deal.” We’ve seen numerous accounts by former Secret Service and Clinton staff who have talked about how crude and foul-mouthed Hillary is, and how mean she is when she talks to people beneath her, frequently injecting profanity. Not to mention her dismissal of her own husband’s behavior toward women. To think that she is now shocked and ashamed by Trump is ridiculous.

You continue to know jack shit:

I see. I poked around a little to check it out without actually going to the site. Turns out that two of their infamous members are locals- Richard Baumhammer and Richard Poplowski.

I don’t understand how a person can be so completely brainwashed that they actually believe the above. Everything you wrote is either blatantly wrong or a half truth stretched to reach the absurd conclusions you’ve come to. I don’t think you even believe what you wrote.

Donald Trump is going to lose. I think he knows it. I think you know it and the party knows it. Better to start making excuses than facing the fact that Donald Trump was the single worst candidate that could have been nominated this election cycle on the Republican ticket. Maybe even ever.

3 Likes

I hear a lot about how we can’t get shit done in Washington, about partisan gridlock, and all that rot. I have to strongly disagree. Both parties have been doing plenty together, and when I say plenty, I mean plenty foolish stuff.

Both parties voted for these trade agreements and for open borders, they both agreed to deregulate banks, they both voted to go to war, they are getting plenty done together. What Trump represents is the great flushing of that. That this good ol’ boys club comes to a screeching halt. There is absolutely no question he is the biggest buffoon to run for president in recent times.

I also want to point out how completely full of shit Republicans are, because Democrats are at least up front and honest about their intentions. Republicans, on the other hand, will lie about wanting to close the border, wanting to reinvest in America if taxes are lowered (they don’t reinvest shit, they pocket the profit most of the time), and claim to want less government spending when they have no problem going to war and show no worry about paying for it.

4 Likes

The problem that I run into, usmc, is exactly this: how do you convince the unconvinceable? When someone actually writes “If Trump loses, it will just be another sign that the system is rigged” instead of considering that maybe he’s actually going to lose because he’s a fucking nutjob, you can’t even start to have a reasonable conversation.

To draw an awkward parallel…I’m an epidemiologist. I work primarily in cardiovascular disease research, but one of my good friends from graduate school is an infectious disease epidemiologist working for the gubmint; as such, he frequently ends up in discussions with anti-vaxxers. We chat frequently about this problem: he’s in a position where he can’t just tell people “You’re an idiot and you’re wrong” so he basically has to continue engaging them in conversation and trying to reach them somehow…but he’s literally dealing with people who are choosing to believe in an alternate reality over the hard scientific facts. When someone responds to bona fide scientific evidence that vaccines do not cause autism with “I don’t believe that study, the government and Big Pharma are in cahoots!” - I mean, how do you even continue a conversation with that person?

2 Likes

It’s not Trump saying it on an Access Hollywood bus, but there is a double standard in that this happened directly within the Clinton campaign. Also note the voter fraud at the end.

LOL, exactly. I always laugh at the idea that the “Republican” party is still representing “conservatives” at this point. If we accept something like this as a definition of “conservative”

“Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense.”

…there are plenty of issues on which the Republican boilerplate position is the complete opposite of “conservative.”

1 Like

Do your own review of what the president’s have done from both parties for last few decades. How different has it really been? Even the beloved Reagan blew up the size of the government and the national debt.

Republicans are just 15-20 years behind the Democrats.

Can’t wait until things go from protecting “Judeo-Christian values” to protecting “Judeo-Christian-Islamo values”

A person who genuinely wants a reasonable conversation would ask Why the person making the claim believe it’s rigged against Trump.

I can hear it now “This was the action of a rogue campaign manager blahblahblah” and not the policy of the Clinton Campaign etc.etc…

Max, no one knows who the fuck this guy is. Trump is the REPUBLICAN NOMINEE

You understand that Donald Trump is no different than what you’re railing on about, right? You do understand that Trump will grow the size of the government, right. You understand he’ll be just as likely to go to war as Clinton, right?

Do you know who will most likely not grow the government or take us into yet another war? Gary Johnson, but he’s a joke, right?

If that happens it’ll be long after our time on this earth.

The quote in the headline of the video isnt even right, and the video starts mid convo so there is no context for what he is talking about. I assume how hard it is to get fired… But there is no admission of any activity, just a claim about but it would take.

It doesnt sound great, but saying “I would have to grab Emma’s ass twice to get fired” doesnt really tell us anything about why they are talking about that.

And Its probably a bit of a stretch to call him a “Clinton Staffer” too, I doubt this person has ever met Hilary or has any contact with her at all. I get that he is working ground game for her

The rest of the video is much worse, ripping up ballots and not giving mail-ins to repub’s. THAT is the real scandal in the video.I dont know what the punishment for interfering with votes and the election, and technically nothing happened but the guy not punishing him over him, but something should definitely happen there.

1 Like

Yep. I for one want Washington to do as little as possible.

1 Like