The Sammich Thread

Best PB and J:

Toast bread
While its still warm add butter (butter butter, not peanut butter)
apply peanut butter and jelly liberally

Eat with a glass of milk.

One of my favourite sammich:

1. Cut bread in half, remove bread pulp;
  2. Drizzle some olive oil on each half;
  3. On one half, add shredded roast pork, shredded roast beef and slices of chicken breast;
  4. Add chopped garlic and sliced onions, chopped juicy plum or cranberries, green pepper, chopped red hot chilli, chopped sun dried tomato, halved black olives;
  5. Grated spicy cheese;
  6. Put it under the grill or oven on high until the cheese melts;
  7. Top it up with Romaine lettuce and cover with the other half of the bread.

Yummy.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Best PB and J:

Toast bread

Eat with a glass of milk.[/quote]

you put butter on a PB & J?

One of my faves…

Semolina Italian Bread
Provolone Cheese
Boars Head Ham
Genoa Salami
Mayo
Italian Dressing
Roasted Red Peppers

eat and enjoy.

Toasted sourdough
bacon
sharp cheddar
over medium egg
corned beed
pepperjack
hamburger patty, cooked medium
tomato
spinach or lettuce (no iceberg bullshit, though)
condiments to taste
toasted sourdough.

With an IPA and you’re welcome.

My favorite sandwiches are made by the local Italian deli’s:

Breaded chicken cutlet, fresh mozzarella roasted red pepers, balsamic vinegar and a touch of mayo
Hot roast beef with gravy and fresh mozzarella from Fiores in Hoboken, NJ
not trying to copy MattyXL but… Ham, salami, capicola with roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella on a semolina hero roll. A little balsamic and a little mayo.
Meatball Parm.
Chicken Parm.

Any of those huge crazy sandwiches from Harolds Deli of NY . Roast beef, pastrami, or corned beef.

http://www.google.com/search?q=harolds+deli&hl=en&prmd=ivnsm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BVLNTffEOMfM0AHIktXtDQ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1557&bih=836

At home:
Homemade peanut butter , jelly and fried bananas.
Sloppy Joes (the ground beef ones, not the fake Jewish ones)

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Breaded chicken cutlet, fresh mozzarella roasted red pepers, balsamic vinegar and a touch of mayo
not trying to copy MattyXL but… Ham, salami, capicola with roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella on a semolina hero roll. A little balsamic and a little mayo.
Meatball Parm.
Chicken Parm.

Any of those huge crazy sandwiches from Harolds Deli of NY . Roast beef, pastrami, or corned beef.

http://www.google.com/search?q=harolds+deli&hl=en&prmd=ivnsm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BVLNTffEOMfM0AHIktXtDQ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1557&bih=836

At home:
Homemade peanut butter , jelly and fried bananas.
Sloppy Joes (the ground beef ones, not the fake Jewish ones)

[/quote]

Ever go to Defontes in Brooklyn?

And we have the same sammich tastes my friend…thank god today is cheat day!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

And we have the same sammich tastes my friend…thank god today is cheat day![/quote]

I worked in Manhattan for years but rarely ever ventured into Brooklyn. What section is it in? I’ve got a side job in Brooklyn in the next month near the Target and PC Richards on Flatbush ave. Please tell me it’s in that neighborhood lol.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
fuckers. I’m watching my carbs. All these bread concoctions. Good ideas in here though.[/quote]

FYI it is possible to make fake low carb bread type thingies.
Yes that is the actual name of them.

Whip up some egg whites SUPER STIFF… like oh five egg whites
Add some sorta savory spices to it (garlic salt? whatev)
Then you can cook it in a pan like pancakes.

Turns out breadlike enough to make a sammich out of.
It is hideous and it is not bread
but its better than nothing!

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Best PB and J:

Toast bread

you put butter on a PB & J? [/quote]

YES! and it is awesome. Trust me.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Meatball Parm.
Chicken Parm.

[/quote]

And we have the same sammich tastes my friend…thank god today is cheat day![/quote]

FAF!!! Put it in ma belly!

Fucking Defontes. drool

I very much approve of this thread! And agree with all that is said here. (Quoted above)

I also have a new appreciation for Katz’s Deli. I dont care what anyone says, they’re pastrami is insanely delicious! How can beef, taste like pork?! Its miraculous. A jewish invention, no doubt!

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Best PB and J:

Toast bread

you put butter on a PB & J? [/quote]

YES! and it is awesome. Trust me.[/quote]

im gonna go do this right now.

Masch - FAF YOU KNOW IT!!! Katz is awesome so is the Stage deli, I love me some corn beef on rye with mustid!

Sam - Its in Redhook its not too far from your job it is REALLY worth it, I fully recommend the Potatoe and Egg special.

379 Columbia St
(between Coles St & Luquer St)
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Neighborhood: Red Hook

http://www.sensuoussandwich.com/ very good sammich place. I love the Spicy enticer and the Tantalizer. Also, best name for a sandwich place ever.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Meatball Parm.
Chicken Parm.

[/quote]

FAF!!! Put it in ma belly!

Fucking Defontes. drool

I very much approve of this thread! And agree with all that is said here. (Quoted above)

I also have a new appreciation for Katz’s Deli. I dont care what anyone says, they’re pastrami is insanely delicious! How can beef, taste like pork?! Its miraculous. A jewish invention, no doubt!

[/quote]

I never got a chance to try their sandwiches. Every time I pass by the line is crazy so I just say “Fuck it!” . I may have to bite the bullet one day because I love hot pastrami.

For sammich lovers that live near Asian communities try a Vietnamese sandwich. Pork or chicken on a french baguette with spicy carrots , cucumber and Cilantro. Nicky’s Vietnamese sandwiches in the East Village used to make them awesome but have let me down the last couple times.

^ I love how this has slowly morphed into a NYers guide to sammich buying. HAHA! What a bunch of lazy fucks you NYers are! Make your own fucking sammiches!!

Jk. And Nicky’s is indeed delicious. Vietnamese sandwiches are the bomb!

My favorite sandwich to bring to the beach is this:

Greek roll
Grilled chicken breast
Swiss
Avocado
Honey mustard (made with spicy Dijon and real honey)

Nomnomnom, watch the russians walk by, nomnomnom

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
^ I love how this has slowly morphed into a NYers guide to sammich buying. HAHA! What a bunch of lazy fucks you NYers are! Make your own fucking sammiches!!

[/quote]

Haha, yeah my bad.

My contribution: Chicken Marsala sandwich

1. Take a couple of thin chicken breasts and dip them into flour and then egg.

2. Cook them in butter or oil until they’re like 80% done.

3. Take them out of the pan, and put them aside. Add a handful of mushrooms, a little chopped garlic and butter to the pan.

4. After a about a minute or 2 , add 3 oz’s of Marsala wine. Reduce by half over the course a couple minutes and scrape the chicken bits from the pan into the sauce.

5. Add 6 oz of chicken stock, 1 tbsp of butter, and if you like thick sauce 1tbsn of flour. (add the flour to stock BEFORE you put it in pan). Once the sauce is a thickness you like, put the chicken back in and finish it up.

6. Put that bitch on a long hero roll and enjoy.

Salt and pepper during the cooking as you wish. You don’t need to flour and egg the chicken, but this step helps the sauce stick to the chicken better. You can make more or less sauce just make sure you use twice as much broth as marsala wine. Sweet marsala is best IMO.

[quote]Kvetch wrote:
.[/quote]

False. The proper comeback is, “yes, dear”.

It’s like this.