The Sammich Thread

My dad taught me how to make a proper sammich. I couldn’t have been older than six years old. To make a proper sammich (to his liking) you need to have a toaster oven.

Step one lightly toast both slices of bread

Put the meat on one slice and the cheese on the other

Return the two sammich halves to the toaster until the cheese is melted

Remove and add your cold ingredients (lettuce tomato mayo mustard)

THEN… Sammich!

FTR there are a few ways to get on my sammich list. I eat and make other types of sammiches but to me this will always be the “proper” way to make a sammich.

Please contribute.

Your dad is a gentleman and a scholar!

Here is my left over lamb sammich.

Toast bread lightly, and slather both sides with Tribe 40 Spices hummus.

Slice medallions of left over med-rare lamb chops seasoned with Greek oregano, a little garlic, and fresh cracked black pepper, tossed in a light evo as they are warmed up in a saute pan.

Top with fresh baby spinach leaves and enjoy.

Cutting in half diagonally across makes it twice as good for some reason.

Good thread idea!

Here’s my sammich (open faced one)

Toatsed Ezekiel Sprouted Grain bread, neufchatel cheese, smoked salmon, lettuce and egg oh and a little dash of pepper on top!

I pierce the top of the egg prior to eating it so that the yolk runs gloriously down the sammich = )

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Your dad is a gentleman and a scholar!

Here is my left over lamb sammich.

Toast bread lightly, and slather both sides with Tribe 40 Spices hummus.

Slice medallions of left over med-rare lamb chops seasoned with Greek oregano, a little garlic, and fresh cracked black pepper, tossed in a light evo as they are warmed up in a saute pan.

Top with fresh baby spinach leaves and enjoy.

Cutting in half diagonally across makes it twice as good for some reason.
[/quote]

I am dieting.
This thread my not have been my brightest idea.

I want lamb sammich!

You will have to come over on Saturday for dinner first, then Sunday for the sammich.

Putting them together is a snap, but making them takes 2 days.

Classic egg and cheese sammich:

Sourdough bread toasted w/ butter
Two eggs
Two slices of cheese (my preferance is american or pepper jack)
Meat eaters may add bacon or other meats to their liking.

BAM.

Classic egg and cheese sammich:

Sourdough bread toasted w/ butter
Two eggs
Two slices of cheese (my preferance is american or pepper jack)
Meat eaters may add bacon or other meats to their liking.

BAM.

[quote]Seize wrote:
Good thread idea!

Here’s my sammich (open faced one)

Toatsed Ezekiel Sprouted Grain bread, neufchatel cheese, smoked salmon, lettuce and egg oh and a little dash of pepper on top!

I pierce the top of the egg prior to eating it so that the yolk runs gloriously down the sammich = )[/quote]

GLORIOUSLY INDEED!

I’ll try to lightly one side of each slice and quickly grill it that side down in a skillet.

FYI: sandwiches are post coital snacks. Dr. Oz said so.

DaddyHallowed was a smart man, teaching his daughter the proper ways of domesticated living, making her marketable and stuff!

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I’ll try to lightly one side of each slice and quickly grill it that side down in a skillet.

DaddyHallowed was a smart man, teaching his daughter the proper ways of domesticated living, making her marketable and stuff![/quote]

Plus, he is the only man forever and always on my sammich list. I OFFER to make him sammiches whenever I’m over there. So, brilliant marketing… or lifetime sammich supply guarantee? Either way = Winning!

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

DaddyHallowed was a smart man, teaching his daughter the proper ways of domesticated living, making her marketable and stuff![/quote]

Plus, he is the only man forever and always on my sammich list. I OFFER to make him sammiches whenever I’m over there. So, brilliant marketing… or lifetime sammich supply guarantee? Either way = Winning![/quote]

Give a man a fish, and he will eat. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll eat for a lifetime…but teach your DAUGHTER TO MAKE A FUCKING SAMMICH, YOU’LL BE FED FOR LIFE.

You know the sculpture of “The Thinker?” That was DaddyHallowed’s impression, phrophecied.

What kind of voodoo shit is that?? Wow.

A proper sandwich:

-Woman makes sandwich
-Woman delivers bj
-You enjoy sandwich

Garlic bread, REAL garlic bread, serious fucking garlic bread from old school Italy, how the old timers do it…

-Toast your bread (preferably sourdough).

-Peel a raw clove of garlic.

-Rub that bastard on the bread vigorously. (The longer you rub, the more garlicky it is).

-Drizzle olive oil all over the bread (don’t drench it though).

-Salt and pepper to taste.

-Then fucking destroy !

[quote]byukid wrote:
A proper sandwich:

-Woman makes sandwich
-Woman delivers bj
-You enjoy sandwich[/quote]

Easy, cowboy. Have you graduated yet? Don’t make show your post to the chancellor!

I don’t know where in hell it’s been proven that wimminz are the best sammich makers. I happen to know that I am the sammich king of our household. Besides, men have been making epic sammiches since the sammich was invented (by a man no less).

I made a grilled pepper jack cheese and bacon sandwich yesterday. It was epic. :slight_smile:

fuckers. I’m watching my carbs. All these bread concoctions. Good ideas in here though.

How to make any sammich epic:
Step 1. Add Bacon
Step 2. Eat Sammich

[quote]byukid wrote:
A proper sandwich:

-Woman makes sandwich
-Woman delivers bj
-You enjoy sandwich[/quote]

Easy, cowboy. Have you graduated yet? Don’t make show your post to the chancellor![/quote]

Well, I will say I’ve never had a proper sandwich yet.

did someone say sammich??