T Nation

The (Sad) American Male

Well all I’m back from vacation. And just a little bit depressed about the sad state of American manhood. And might as well tell you know this is going to be a rant.

My vacation was at The Spa In The Rockies, that would be Glennwood Springs Colorado.

Actually the vacation was great for me and the gf. We both needed to just get away and have not a care in the world for just a few days, the Springs fit the bill nicely.

But I have to tell you guys and gals, the male faction in the country is truely pathetic.

Now I consider myself middle aged. Im not in the shape I want to be, but Im gettin there, little by little.
I consider middle aged somewhere between say 35 and maybe like 60ish. I happen to be 45.

At Glennwood you get a very broad sampeling of people of all ages. And I tell you truthfully, even from what I would guess were 18 year olds on up, the manhood of this country is pathetic.
And the feminine side is not lagging too far behind.

Out of 12 to 18 hours of being in the pool(s) and sitting by the pool-side, I saw one definatly and possibly another man there were in better shape than I am. And people let me tell you, I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE IN THAT GOOD OF SHAPE!!

The one guy was a black guy with a little white in his hair, and he looked pretty good, not much body fat and fairly well proportioned. The other possible was a white guy I would guess late 30s that looked probably about like I do.

The rest of the males there looked like some kind of beach whales with wiggly jiggly TITS and puss guts!
I swear just about every “man” there had a gut. Now Im not talkin about just a little less then a handfull that kinda rolls over tight waisted pants, Im talking about a LARGE PROTRUDING BELLY almost like a pregnant chick.
What in the fuck is up with our society?
As a rule men have tits? Not developed chest muscles, but for real TITS?
This is disgusting to say the least.
Oh yeah, I realize that not all guys have body hair too, but I gotta tell yall, I never knew that the majority of men are woman smooth from the neck to the waist. Since when did this happen?

Im not what I would call a hairy guy, but dam, these guys all looked like smooth white shiny slugs. No hair on em.

Seriously here for a minute, does the excess fat stop hair growth? Really, I cant figure this out.
Or did everyone of them wax for their fat wives before going to the springs?

When we were kids and the folks would take us to Glennwood for family vacation, the guys-men looked totally different and they had hair, ALL OF EM!
And most of em did not have guts and NONE OF EM HAD TITS, except for the really old guys.

You know Im middle aged and I know it. And I know that after 50 or 60 years gravity takes its toll, but I just gotta tell you all the gf and I were totally disgusted and sickend.

This really is a sad state for our manhood of this country.Adn the women are not far behind either.

I thought I post a picture of an Austrian to cheer you up…

We’ve engineered physical work out of our society while simutaneously embracing horrible, unhealthy food laden with chemicals. With reduced activity and terrible fuel for what activites we do engage in, the lifestyles of the average person are almost unavoidably drifting slowly in the direction you talk about. Add this to the growing mentality of assigning blame to external causes and we have a recipe for a society that considers itself utterly helpless.

I think society as a whole has embraced the idea that we are simply at the mercy of our environment, rather than the idea that we are in full control of how it affects us.

That’s part of why I love the community here, we refuse to submit to things that would otherwise make us less than we can be. The strong words for today fit perfectly with this:

“The real democratic idea is, not that every man shall be on a level with every other, but that every one shall have liberty, without hindrance, to be what God made him. – Henry Ward Beecher”

We choose to seize this liberty and refuse to take the easy road. Unfortunately many other do not choose the same.

I completely agree.

I just got back from 6 months in Colombia (South America), and still can’t get used to the total lack of manliness of the men, and the size of the women.

It’s because its easy to get like that, no-one wants to work hard, they’d rather get some secret medical breakthrough than spend a hour lifitng.

So you went on vacation and stared at dudes the whole time?

OK, I’m kidding.

Bro, as much as this is a bodybuilding site, being a man has very little to do with the way somebody looks.

I like the term “puss gut” even though I’m not sure what it means.

I’m hairless from neck to waist (well, except for some lower belly hair). So what? My brothers are, too. I’m just curious what that part signifies.

[quote]Bullmoose wrote:
[/quote]

Im not so sure I want to know what it is.

agree completely. I remember going to the beach and being able to check out hot chicks all the time. Now going to the beach makes me sick. Between the fat chicks (not even alittle chuby), but FAT, and the males that lie around in their own fat. It makes me sick.

[quote]carter12 wrote:

OK, I’m kidding.

Bro, as much as this is a bodybuilding site, being a man has very little to do with the way somebody looks.[/quote]

Truth. See: guidos.

Though I still think most of them look retarded.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Bullmoose wrote:

Im not so sure I want to know what it is.[/quote]

Maybe the belly fat folds inward into some kind of massive abomination of a camel toe.
Okay, I think I just made some people puke.
Sorry.

dammit i was eatting lunch

[quote]alownage wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Bullmoose wrote:

Im not so sure I want to know what it is.

Maybe the belly fat folds inward into some kind of massive abomination of a camel toe.
Okay, I think I just made some people puke.
Sorry.[/quote]

Aw man, that was some repugnant shit.

[quote]carter12 wrote:

OK, I’m kidding.

Bro, as much as this is a bodybuilding site, being a man has very little to do with the way somebody looks.[/quote]

Very good point. But I tend to look at it is as a self-discipline issue, i.e. guys that look just pathetic (skinny fat) don’t have much of it to let themselves fall into that state.

My wife and I went to a resort (Hawksbill) in Antigua this past February. It was not a health spa and did not even have a workout center. But almost all the guests appeared to be in pretty good shape. Mind you, this was not a “spring break” type of place. Most of the people were from 30 to 80 years old. We saw very few heavy women and most of the men looked like they were former athletes who remained in shape. Perhaps it was because 80% of the guests were Brits?

I guess I shouldn’t have plucked the one hair that ever grew on my chest. I didn’t realize how much of a drain to society I was being.

I pretty much agree with the rest, though, except for one thing: At this place you went for vacation, where were all the twig metrosexuals (you know like the only things we see in commercials- the guys that make heroin addicts look buffed)? I think Americans (much like politics being either far right or left) have polarized to both extremes. twig or slug.
The somewhat physically fit physique seems to be a rarity.

[quote]zedhed wrote:

The rest of the males there looked like some kind of beach whales with wiggly jiggly TITS and puss guts!

Im talking about a LARGE PROTRUDING BELLY almost like a pregnant chick.

As a rule men have tits? Not developed chest muscles, but for real TITS?

I never knew that the majority of men are woman, smooth from the neck to the waist. Since when did this happen?

these guys all looked like smooth white shiny slugs.

[/quote]

HAHA very good comparison with the slugs’ had visions of a JABBA THE HUT lookalike convention!

but seriously it has to be something in the food, like hormones etc that they pump into the meat and plastic residues in pre-packaged foods that give men more feminine characteristics and have females maturing much younger than normal.

Plus the people you saw were just lazy gluttonous bastards haha…

how old were these guys you were checking out? i always wondered about the hairless thing too, is it from shaving/waxing all the time? i could see younger guys doing it, but usually older guys don’t care anymore. or is it younger guys with really low testostrone so they don’t develop in “that way”?

[quote]carter12 wrote:

Quoted for truth, but I get the point of the thread.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
carter12 wrote:

OK, I’m kidding.

Bro, as much as this is a bodybuilding site, being a man has very little to do with the way somebody looks.

Very good point. But I tend to look at it is as a self-discipline issue, i.e. guys that look just pathetic (skinny fat) don’t have much of it to let themselves fall into that state.[/quote]

That’s a horribly wrong assumption. A lot of people just don’t give a fuck and/or actually think they do look good. With a lot of people, it has nothing to do with work ethic. With some it definitely does, but don’t snub your nose at people who really couldn’t give two shits if you have a six-pack or not.

The people the original poster wrote about are still working, vacationing, fucking, raising children, etc. Being weak little slugs has not stopped them from being successful in other areas of their lives. Perhaps how you look isn’t quite the judge of character that our little niche would like to think it is.

Perhaps all those slugs looked at the original poster and thought, “What a dumb muscle-bound idiot. He can’t be successful at anything important.”