The Rule: 6 Meals/Day

I started out with 3 meals a day then as I got heavier found that I had to start moving towards 4-5 meals. 240g protein was a ballache to try and get into 3 meals.

By your pics, it looks like you could be doing less calories as ffa or cho. If you’re not active overall, the surplus beyond glycogen repletion just goes to fat storage. Not sure why you would need any more than 180g protein either.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL at “I can’t see any progress!”.
[photo]34868[/photo]

I want to see one other person here who has made that much progress who thinks everything or even the majority of what I write is wrong.

If you are in this forum to fuss about my ego…save the rest of us the bullshit.

I know how to get big muscles and spent years handing out advice for free that I sometimes even charge patients for. Let guys like Whiteflash handle the people who would rather complain about everything but the topic of the thread. If you want to discuss how to get swole, come see me or let’s discuss it.

Don’t let other people tell you what I supposedly said somewhere.[/quote]
Phenomenal transformation

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
I wouldn’t say it’s a bad look. He looks like he could hold his own (massive understatement), and I would assume he’s strong as an ox.

That said, he’s also very fat. And that may be totally conducive to his goals. But the word “fat” here isn’t meant to disqualify the positives, if that makes any sense.[/quote]

Oh yeah, definitely has a lot of fat.

Assuming he’s strong as an ox is I think what the appeal to the look is. After watching enough strength sports, I’ve learned that this is what “strong” looks like.

guys please keep this thread off track^

Majin, what’s the logic behind 1 g/lb? Is that just a general recommendation?

Anyone have meals they eat for specific training?

On my deadlift days, I always have a great day if I eat Taco Bell beforehand. And not just some tacos. I usually go something like Nachos Bel Grande, Chicken quesadilla and Taco Supreme.

Basically, if the engine is hot enough, it’ll burn anything.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

On my deadlift days, I always have a great day if I eat Taco Bell beforehand. And not just some tacos. I usually go something like Nachos Bel Grande, Chicken quesadilla and Taco Supreme.

Basically, if the engine is hot enough, it’ll burn anything.[/quote]

How have you not shitted your pants?

[quote]ishinator wrote:

How have you not shitted your pants?[/quote]

I never really understood this sentiment honestly.

Go to the bathroom before you lift. If you still can’t make it through a training session without needing to defecate, it may be a sign of some sort of GI disorder or something else that should be looked into.

But that could just be me.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Majin, what’s the logic behind 1 g/lb? Is that just a general recommendation?[/quote]

The highest protein intake that’s been shown effective is not even a gram per pound. So, I think that if people do go that route, they should - at the very least - go by LBM, not their actual weight when they have a lot of bodyfat. The body can’t do anything in one day that would require those amounts anyway. It’s mostly the consistency of day to day and around workout time that matters. I prefer to bump up carbs when stalling. Cause it actually works.

[quote]Majin wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Majin, what’s the logic behind 1 g/lb? Is that just a general recommendation?[/quote]

The highest protein intake that’s been shown effective is not even a gram per pound. So, I think that if people do go that route, they should - at the very least - go by LBM, not their actual weight when they have a lot of bodyfat. The body can’t do anything in one day that would require those amounts anyway. It’s mostly the consistency of day to day and around workout time that matters. I prefer to bump up carbs when stalling. Cause it actually works.[/quote]

I’ll just throw in on the subject of carbs and protein intake.

You always hear people recommend “a little more” than whatever they consider the rule of thumb. This is supposed to cover any instances when due to other variables (ie. less than optimal carb intake, or possibly excessive training volume) the body may turn to ingested protein to meet its glucose demands. The ‘extra’ protein beyond what the body truly may require in cases such as this is intended to prevent any possible breakdown of existing muscle tissue as the body attempts to assemble glucose.

This is why you always hear about carbohydrates being ‘protein sparing’, and also why hard training dieters supplement with BCAAs or simply jack up their protein intake.

S

[quote]Majin wrote:
Are you saying that what you recommend is different from what you do yourself? Do as I say, not as I do? Because either there’s a point in gaining fat on purpose, or what you’ve been doing for the past 15 years is wrong. [/quote]

What I recommended is to listen to your own body. That is what I did. No one should be doing exactly what someone else is doing unless they have the same genetics, life and goals. Your statement here is making you look silly. A point to gaining fat on purpose? Who told anyone to gain fat on purpose?

Why would I ever make that statement? Many people right here have mentioned how overall body weight increases can help in strength in some areas…which means more muscle is built.

So no, at no time would I ever say it served no purpose to carry extra weight…because there are pros and cons to everything you do. Yes, there are benefits and negatives and if it helped gain more strength and muscle…how could someone claim I would have made the same gains without it?

I never wrote it was necessary to get as fat as I did. I said that any time you saw me with more body fat, it was because I was trying to get the most out of muscle gains instead of spending a few months making no progress dieting.

I didn’t gain nonstop for decades. I dieted several times over the years and haven’t even been training for “decades” yet.

[quote] I’ve never seen proof for either one being necessary for maximum natural gains. And you never cease to be vague or omitting them in all of your recommendations. Is that what you call “pushing the envelope”?

And I’m 31 myself.So it’s not like I can mean anything insulting by “middle age” and keep my own glass house intact.[/quote]

You also said your results suck in your own thread about your training.

You weigh 175lbs at 5’9". Do you really think I made less progress than you and simply have no clue what I am talking about?

You mentioned how I am in denial.

No offense, but isn’t someone like you in denial to think you need to be criticizing me to this degree when I am reaching my goals?

What am I in denial about specifically?

[quote]steven alex wrote:

LOL at “I can’t see any progress!”.
[photo]34868[/photo]

I want to see one other person here who has made that much progress who thinks everything or even the majority of what I write is wrong.

If you are in this forum to fuss about my ego…save the rest of us the bullshit.

I know how to get big muscles and spent years handing out advice for free that I sometimes even charge patients for. Let guys like Whiteflash handle the people who would rather complain about everything but the topic of the thread. If you want to discuss how to get swole, come see me or let’s discuss it.

Don’t let other people tell you what I supposedly said somewhere.[/quote]
Phenomenal transformation [/quote]

I appreciate that. Thanks.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

Don’t be dense. When debated into a corner, you will inevitably turn to the infamous “walk sideways through a door” or “you wouldn’t say that to my face” arguments, which aren’t really arguments but admissions you have nothing real to say.

So, “let me spell it out in crayon” for you: no one will ever tell a big intimidating fat guy at the pool how bad he looks. Ergo, it is a meaningless statement that for some reason you parrot on here. Try not to be hyper-defensive, now. That says nothing of you other than it would be foolish to ever use that as some sort of metric of success.[/quote]

LOL.

I wrote this:

What are you even talking about? I think you jumped the shark on this one, my man.

I am sooooo sorry if you think my pool scenario wasn’t good enough to talk about aesthetics.

Actually…I really don’t care.

I like to get an XXL grilled stuffed steak burrito, a 1/2lb beef and potato burrito, and a chicken and rice burrito. Taco Bell is great.

A handful of chocolate raisins, spike, a shit beforehand, and I generally have a good squat day

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
A handful of chocolate raisins spike, a shit beforehand, and I generally have a good squat day[/quote]

Matty…you are one of the more developed guys here. Did you gain most of that staying at or under 12% body fat? Was the body fat level your main priority or the strength and muscle?

I always eat a big steak after squatting. For some reason it just feels right.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
A handful of chocolate raisins spike, a shit beforehand, and I generally have a good squat day[/quote]

Matty…you are one of the more developed guys here. Did you gain most of that staying at or under 12% body fat? Was the body fat level your main priority or the strength and muscle?[/quote]

Up until recently I honestly never worried about body fa,t as my main goal has been strength and size. Admittedly I also believe I carry fat relatively well. I like you (not to that extreme) was on the small side in HS, about 130 skinny fat and loved me the green stuff.

For growth I made a point to eat…alot, but tried to be mindful of what I put in my gullet (not always successful) I do believe you have to eat a ton to grow especially if you are a hard gainer (which I am not) and if need be some of it may have to be “dirty” to get the job done.

Now I am very mindful what I eat…but could careless about visible abs, I have said repeatedly I like the full house “diesel fat look” I do not feel abs on a naturally lean guy is very impressive, nor do I think a 300lb guy squatting 500 is impressive.

To answer your question, I never gave fat percentage much thought I was always trying my best to get stronger and bigger, if I gained some fat so be it.

Call it bro-science I dont give a shit its what worked for me.

Edited for grammar

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:

I always eat a big steak after squatting. For some reason it just feels right.[/quote]

s big steak after anything feels right!

[quote]LoRez wrote:
After having done this for so many years, what foods, and what frequency, have you found works best for you?

Are we talking ground beef, or certain cuts of beef (I saw the steak thread), or chicken breasts, or what? Pastas? Cheeses? Sauces? Dairy? Eggs?[/quote]

Steak.

Real talk…beef if you want to be as big as a bull. Early on though, when someone is in their teens, perfect precision intake is not needed in many cases depending on metabolism and activity level. Overall it is simply an understanding that the human body is a machine that adapts and changes based on what you do to it.

[…]

I ate a lot of pasta, rice, eggs and beef (and even tons of lactose free milk in my shakes) once I started getting a better hold on my diet…and that led to the most growth long term alone with consistency.[/quote]

So if you were to go back and coach your 90lb self, how would you approach it food-wise? (And training-wise, for that matter.)

How many meals per day? A 16oz of steak a day? More, less?