The Rule: 6 Meals/Day

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
If you have the dedication, you too can be a beefcake.

6+meal a day no matter what!

Beefcakes get their meals in despite of obesity, family deaths/births or even a world food shortage.[/quote]
Look at that pec delt tie in![/quote]

LOL

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
no one cares if you think the person eating more frequent will see better progress!
[/quote]

I seriously doubt you speak for all people here…and the issue is not whether 3 meals is better than 6. It may help to actually pay attention to what was written here seeing as this has been made clear several times already.

It was more geared at those who think they can fast all day and see the same results long term as those who make eating a more frequent occurrence…or those who think they will see maximal results long term by “eating whenever the feel like” with no regard for a regular schedule.

This was just a discussion about what it takes to see that type of muscle growth long term and not just when you are in school.

Insulin is now the “in” thing to fear…and that same insulin helped build a shit load of muscle throughout the years.[/quote]

I dunno. I see great gains eating whenever I feel like it as well as (pulse) fasting quite frequently.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
no one cares if you think the person eating more frequent will see better progress!
[/quote]

I seriously doubt you speak for all people here…and the issue is not whether 3 meals is better than 6. It may help to actually pay attention to what was written here seeing as this has been made clear several times already.

It was more geared at those who think they can fast all day and see the same results long term as those who make eating a more frequent occurrence…or those who think they will see maximal results long term by “eating whenever the feel like” with no regard for a regular schedule.

This was just a discussion about what it takes to see that type of muscle growth long term and not just when you are in school.

Insulin is now the “in” thing to fear…and that same insulin helped build a shit load of muscle throughout the years.[/quote]

I dunno. I see great gains eating whenever I feel like it as well as fasting quite frequently.
[/quote]

This is much less about whether you made gains at all and way more about what builds the biggest muscles long term.

For some reason, I guess it is taboo to discuss what actually leads you to 19" arms or bigger if you have the genetics for it.

How much size have you gained fasting frequently and eating whenever you feel like?

Interesting finding:

[quote]Smoking cannabis could reduce the risk of diabetes by controlling blood sugar
Marijuana users had 16% lower fasting insulin levels than non-users
They were also less likely to be insulin resistant and had smaller waists
Previous research has found cannabis smokers are less likely to be obese

[/quote]

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
[/quote]

I dunno. I see great gains eating whenever I feel like it as well as fasting quite frequently.
[/quote]

This is much less about whether you made gains at all and way more about what builds the biggest muscles long term. If you would like a before picture to compare to the video I can surely provide one.

For some reason, I guess it is taboo to discuss what actually leads you to 19" arms or bigger if you have the genetics for it.

How much size have you gained fasting frequently and eating whenever you feel like?[/quote]

I will refer you to my log and you can see for yourself. I weighed about 190 a year ago, I weighed 239 this morning.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is much less about whether you made gains at all and way more about what builds the biggest muscles long term.

How much size have you gained fasting frequently and eating whenever you feel like?[/quote]

I will refer you to my log and you can see for yourself.

I actually already looked it up and I think your progress is great.

I also think you are not the size I am referring to.

Once again, no one here is degrading your progress.

This about how you reach more extreme levels of size over the long term. Keep up the good progress.

Also, a “pulse fast” is not true fasting.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

This about how you reach more extreme levels of size over the long term. Keep up the good progress.

Also, a “pulse fast” is not true fasting. [/quote]

Thank you for the kind words, always appreciated.

What type of size are you referring to? I plan on getting to about 250 and lean with my current methods. Not a matter of if, but when.

Also, I agree that pulse fasting/feasting is not true fasting. I guess personally I don’t see any reason to TRUE FAST with a product like MAG-10 around. \

I realize I am late to the party. I read the first bit but got bored with all the nonsensical crap that this board has become.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

What type of size are you referring to? I plan on getting to about 250 and lean with my current methods. Not a matter of if, but when.

[/quote]

That is all well and good and I hope you get there.

I already mentioned the level I am referring to. Most people with muscular arms over 18-19" didn’t build most of that mass fasting most of the day.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that insulin surges throughout the day could actually help build more muscle long term?

I used MAG-10 to lean up and think it is great for recomp. I would not recommend a “MAG-10 fast” like I did to someone who was just starting or even most intermediates if they have more extreme goals.

Once again, this is not about whether it builds muscle but what route helps builds the MOST muscle long term and possibly why.

Keep up the good work.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, a “pulse fast” is not true fasting. [/quote]

this is the bigger stronger leaner forum, why must everything be about extreme size? because for 98% of this forum im pretty sure extreme (ifbb pro) size is not their goal.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[/quote]

That is all well and good and I hope you get there.

I already mentioned the level I am referring to. Most people with muscular arms over 18-19" didn’t build most of that mass fasting most of the day.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that insulin surges throughout the day could actually help build more muscle long term?

I used MAG-10 to lean up and think it is great for recomp. I would not recommend a “MAG-10 fast” like I did to someone who was just starting or even most intermediates if they have more extreme goals.

Once again, this is not about whether it builds muscle but what route helps builds the MOST muscle long term and possibly why.

Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Again, thanks for the kind words. I take kind words personally.

But I do think that extreme goals can be reached pulse fasting throughout the day, not just recomp goals. PERSONALLY I don’t think it’s about how many meals you eat but how much and what you eat. I can put down A LOT of food in 2-3 meals, plus MAG-10/almonds throughout the day. I’ll never eat six meals a day again. Hell, sometimes I feel like a pig eating twice a day.

Then again, what is an extreme goal? I think my goal is extreme, lol. You don’t see a lot of guys 250 and lean. Way above average.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

this is the bigger stronger leaner forum, why must everything be about extreme size? because for 98% of this forum im pretty sure extreme (ifbb pro) size is not their goal.
[/quote]

No offense, but where would we discuss extreme size if not here?

No one mentioned any IFBB pros.

Also, even if 98% of the people here were after only one goal, then let this thread be for that other 2%.

Why would you be against me discussing this?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

But I do think that extreme goals can be reached pulse fasting throughout the day, not just recomp goals. PERSONALLY I don’t think it’s about how many meals you eat but how much and what you eat. I can put down A LOT of food in 2-3 meals, plus MAG-10/almonds throughout the day. [/quote]

First, the way you eat is by no means against what I am discussing here. You have already seen me write that this is NOT about 3 meals vs 6 meals.

You are basically eating all day long…so why do you think I am telling people something different?

Drinking protein all day is by no means missing meals.

Yea I am a little lost too as to what an “extreme” goal is. What is the objective measurement to extreme?

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:
Yea I am a little lost too as to what an “extreme” goal is. What is the objective measurement to extreme?[/quote]

I would consider muscular arms over 18-19" “extreme development”. No one is saying someone smaller couldn’t appear “extreme”.

I would consider a chest well over 50" extreme development.

I would consider off season quads over 29" “extreme development”.

These are just to give ideas of what I am discussing.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

But I do think that extreme goals can be reached pulse fasting throughout the day, not just recomp goals. PERSONALLY I don’t think it’s about how many meals you eat but how much and what you eat. I can put down A LOT of food in 2-3 meals, plus MAG-10/almonds throughout the day. [/quote]

First, the way you eat is by no means against what I am discussing here. You have already seen me write that this is NOT about 3 meals vs 6 meals.

You are basically eating all day long…so why do you think I am telling people something different?

Drinking protein all day is by no means missing meals.[/quote]

Easy big guy.

What exactly is this about then?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

Easy big guy.

What exactly is this about then?[/quote]

Maybe read above?

How do I need to write this for you to understand I am discussing the role of insulin in building extreme levels of muscle mass?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

Easy big guy.

this i honestly dont know what you are trying to even discuss, if you agree that there is no difference between 3 and 6 meals a day. why are we still debating?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

Easy big guy.

Maybe read above?

How do I need to write this for you to understand I am discussing the role of insulin in building extreme levels of muscle mass?[/quote]

Please don’t talk to me as if I am stupid. I am no doctor, but let’s face it, neither are you.

Quite frankly I don’t think anybody is discussing anything with you. I am honestly confused as to why this thread was even started, or why it’s still going on.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

Easy big guy.

Maybe read above?

How do I need to write this for you to understand I am discussing the role of insulin in building extreme levels of muscle mass?[/quote]

lol the effect that meal frequency has on insulin is negligible.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

Easy big guy.

Maybe read above?

lol the effect that meal frequency has on insulin is negligible.