The Rule: 6 Meals/Day

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Has anyone ever considered the cost of rice, potatoes, tuna, beans, sardines, mackerel, liver, canned chicken, chicken thighs, milk, and peanut butter?

It amazes me that people believe they must resort to a value menu at McDonald’s because they are low on funds. [/quote]

Yes…so easy…with no kitchen in the freshman dorms…so easy…[/quote]

College cooking nowadays is pretty easy. I had a microwave, refrigerator, and a griddle. I was able to cook about anything on that griddle.

Professor X, you were in college living in the dorms as a 16 year old, did you know right away that you wanted to be a dentist?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Has anyone ever considered the cost of rice, potatoes, tuna, beans, sardines, mackerel, liver, canned chicken, chicken thighs, milk, and peanut butter?

It amazes me that people believe they must resort to a value menu at McDonald’s because they are low on funds. [/quote]

Yes…so easy…with no kitchen in the freshman dorms…so easy…[/quote]

College cooking nowadays is pretty easy. I had a microwave, refrigerator, and a griddle. I was able to cook about anything on that griddle. [/quote]

Yeah, we had to hide the microwave in the closet.

Plus, my goal was overall calories…thus why I wasn’t eating 100calorie food out of cans but opting for the 1,000calorie value menu.

Raman noodles were a daily regular.

I hate them bitches now. If I ever see another “oriental noodle flavor” I will vomit all over the preacher bench.

No, it was by no means cheaper or easier to buy chicken breasts over what I did at the time.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Ok, I do have a couple questions after reading through that a few times.

1. How did you prepare your rice and potatoes? [/quote]

Microwave and frenchfries in the oven.

Like I tried to explain from the start of the thread, I forced my body to adapt by focusing on making in a regular scheduled activity. It took some time but my body adapted to the eating schedule. Your body has a diurnal rhythm that can be manipulated over time.

Things like this are why you may miss some things when the peanut gallery starts screaming as usual. The IQ falls and we all get head wounds.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

One thing I would tell myself is to avoid “specific macro breakdowns” and have more of a general feel for food and the amounts…because the body is not a calculator and adapts even to the food you feed it and the amounts especially at younger ages. I would tell myself to understand in general how many calories I was taking in and protein and to shoot for a monitored weight increase…but to NOT get caught up in exact numbers to the point that I spend less time paying attention to the progress made.

I knew about how many calories I was taking in but was not counting them daily. I had a very different take on how the body functioned and understood that variability and the body’s ability to adapt. I focused more on the weight increase and strength increase…much like Matty wrote before.

I think that worked best for getting me to build that solid base and is why I made progress as fast as I did.[/quote]

Do you think you could have fine tuned your results more easily follow a macro breakdown? [/quote]

Well, what is your idea of “fine tuned”? Could I have stayed leaner possibly? Yes. That doesn’t mean I would have gained the same amount of muscle mass.

Look, your body gains muscle as a defensive mechanism. It will not just pile on the muscle unless there is good reason for it…like significant training stimulus and ample supply of nutrients.

That is why I am discussing optimal gains in muscle mass…vs any gains at all. It is why guys like matty are the ones who get that big in majority unless steroids are used for most of that gain.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

In that case, what were you doing early on? What was your diet like back then, that worked for you (of course, now redone with higher quality ingredients)? How often were you eating? Were all your meals the same size, or was it built around primary meals and snacks?[/quote]

Have you read this:

I mean, no offense, but I have gone into all of that in so much detail, rewriting it every time someone asks isn’t going to help me much.

[quote]
Numbers-wise, if you’d bumped your calories to gain ~3lbs of bodyweight a month, that puts an average surplus of ~350 calories a day over maintenance. I didn’t see any numbers protein-wise, but based on your reading of the muscle mags, I’d assume you were getting 200-250 grams of protein in a day at 150, and then went up from there. Is that accurate?[/quote]

No, I was getting about 1gr of protein for every pound of body weight. I have done more than that in the past up to 2gr.

Overall, I spent most of the time getting 1-1.5gr.[/quote]

Thanks. I’ve actually been wondering about this for a time now. Appreciate the sharing.

PX please just diet down. I know you shouldn’t do anything for other people, but seriously dude. You’d look pretty sick, and I think all the butthurt from all sides would slowly evaporate if you did.

LoRez posting all those quotes does put in to perspective how much advice you’ve given out, so I do thank you for that. But I just think if you got really lean, everyone (including yourself) would be both surprised and happier. Plus, then no one can give you shit for not ‘walking the walk’ when discussing how much easier it is to get leaner vs building muscle.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
PX please just diet down. I know you shouldn’t do anything for other people, but seriously dude. You’d look pretty sick, and I think all the butthurt from all sides would slowly evaporate if you did.

LoRez posting all those quotes does put in to perspective how much advice you’ve given out, so I do thank you for that. But I just think if you got really lean, everyone (including yourself) would be both surprised and happier. Plus, then no one can give you shit for not ‘walking the walk’ when discussing how much easier it is to get leaner vs building muscle. [/quote]

LOL @ “everyone (including yourself) would be both surprised and happier”. Dude, I am surprised and happy as it is that someone who no one thought would get big is now carrying more muscle than most. I will work on getting leaner later this year and ONLY to the point that I am happy.

No offense, but I don’t need to do shit other than what I am doing to make myself happy.

How is working on YOUR goals going to make ME happier?

Do you really understand the amount of arrogance to make the statement you did? As if my own goals aren’t good enough?

Could you make us happy by gaining more muscle please?

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

LoRez posting all those quotes does put in to perspective how much advice you’ve given out, so I do thank you for that.[/quote]

One more thing…if you are one of the guys following me with “you aren’t giving specifics” after all of the years of advice and info given…and you never even read a thread like that which had some of the highest viewing rates of any other thread on this site and was stickied to the top of the bodybuilding forum for years…you need to quit following me around.

There are few people here who spent the time I did trying to help other people over the years.

The trolling attempt some have made over the last 3 years is pathetic given that they act like this never happened.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

LoRez posting all those quotes does put in to perspective how much advice you’ve given out, so I do thank you for that. But I just think if you got really lean, everyone (including yourself) would be both surprised and happier. Plus, then no one can give you shit for not ‘walking the walk’ when discussing how much easier it is to get leaner vs building muscle. [/quote]

LOL @ “everyone (including yourself) would be both surprised and happier”. Dude, I am surprised and happy as it is that someone who no one thought would get big is now carrying more muscle than most. I will work on getting leaner later this year and ONLY to the point that I am happy.

No offense, but I don’t need to do shit other than what I am doing to make myself happy.

How is working on YOUR goals going to make ME happier?

Do you really understand the amount of arrogance to make the statement you did? As if my own goals aren’t good enough?

Could you make us happy by gaining more muscle please?[/quote]

I’m just saying you’d probably be surprised by how awesome you’d look lean, no need to be offended. Didn’t say you weren’t happy. I said happIER. As in, more happy. lol. Just a ‘don’t knock it until you try it’ kind of mindset.

I think your goals are fine, and if i understand them correctly (You said Maxx Charles was something you look towards as a goal I think), you’ve gotten really fucking far in the ‘Get big’ goal. Looking at Maxx, I think ‘HOLY SHIT’ is your ultimate goal, and getting leaner would help that.

I’m working on gaining more muscle man, but it’s not easy, as you’ve said. I was more meaning making everyone happier as a way to say ‘make everyone shut-up’. I just was trying not to be a dick.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

LoRez posting all those quotes does put in to perspective how much advice you’ve given out, so I do thank you for that.[/quote]

One more thing…if you are one of the guys following me with “you aren’t giving specifics” after all of the years of advice and info given…and you never even read a thread like that which had some of the highest viewing rates of any other thread on this site and was stickied to the top of the bodybuilding forum for years…you need to quit following me around.

There are few people here who spent the time I did trying to help other people over the years.

The trolling attempt some have made over the last 3 years is pathetic given that they act like this never happened.[/quote]

WTF dude? I don’t think I’ve ever followed you around, saying you don’t give specifics or whatever.

You and I have talked back and forth a handful of times maybe? Sometimes we agree, sometimes not. I feel you lump me in with some group that hounds you, and think I’m insulting you, when usually I’m just speaking as an individual. I was aware of that thread, but not the magnitude or length.

I was giving you props, dude. I’m not sure why you are so insulted. I’ve NEVER said you didn’t provide help, specifics, whatever.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

The trolling attempt some have made over the last 3 years is pathetic given that they act like this never happened.[/quote]

WTF dude? I don’t think I’ve ever followed you around, saying you don’t give specifics or whatever.

You and I have talked back and forth a handful of times maybe? Sometimes we agree, sometimes not. I feel you lump me in with some group that hounds you, and think I’m insulting you, when usually I’m just speaking as an individual. I was aware of that thread, but not the magnitude or length.

I was giving you props, dude. I’m not sure why you are so insulted. I’ve NEVER said you didn’t provide help, specifics, whatever. [/quote]

I was using what you said as a message to all really, not you specifically.

Threads like that stayed at the top of the bodybuilding forum for almost 7 years. It sucks that the trolls lately try to act like I need to be discredited or never helped people the way I did. Many here spent the last 3 years or more trolling me and keeping me from discussing much at all.

That is why so many are pissed that this thread wasn’t trashed.

I can’t believe you still attempt to claim how much you will be at when dieting down. You have no idea.

I was miles leaner than you and slowly came down from 223 with a full 6 pack and am hovering at 200 and still have another 5-10 to go to be pretty shredded not even stage ready. That said I think that around 200 you’d look pretty damn amazing and even bigger than you do now.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I can’t believe you still attempt to claim how much you will be at when dieting down. You have no idea.

I was miles leaner than you and slowly came down from 223 with a full 6 pack and am hovering at 200 and still have another 5-10 to go to be pretty shredded not even stage ready. That said I think that around 200 you’d look pretty damn amazing and even bigger than you do now. [/quote]

Uh huh…

I am 270lbs. LOL at needing to drop 70…but none of that even matters. If it helps you sleep better at night to think that, have at it. I was nearly 250lbs in that previous pic with abs coming in. I know it makes you feel better to think I spent the last ten years just gaining body fat.

This thread makes me lol

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I was miles leaner than you and slowly came down from 223 with a full 6 pack and am hovering at 200 and still have another 5-10 to go to be pretty shredded not even stage ready. That said I think that around 200 you’d look pretty damn amazing and even bigger than you do now. [/quote]

Uh huh…

I am 270lbs. LOL at needing to drop 70…but none of that even matters. If it helps you sleep better at night to think that, have at it. I was nearly 250lbs in that previous pic with abs coming in. I know it makes you feel better to think I spent the last ten years just gaining body fat.[/quote]

Your abs were “coming in” somewhat, but that has little to do with how much weight needs to be lost to be appear lean throughout the whole body.

I’ve asked this before: Did anyone here think you only gained bodyfat? No one does.

I’m surprised you get insulted so easily. What you’ve done is pretty admirable. If you came down lean at 200, it would probably show that you’ve gained about 35 pounds of muscle or so, perhaps a bit more, which is not an easy feat for a natural.

Semblance of abs?

Another 40 pages, here we come.

All hail Prof x .

[quote]anonym wrote:
Semblance of abs?

Another 40 pages, here we come.[/quote]

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Uh huh…

I am 270lbs. LOL at needing to drop 70…but none of that even matters. If it helps you sleep better at night to think that, have at it. I was nearly 250lbs in that previous pic with abs coming in. I know it makes you feel better to think I spent the last ten years just gaining body fat.[/quote]

Your abs were “coming in” somewhat, but that has little to do with how much weight needs to be lost to be appear lean throughout the whole body.

I’ve asked this before: Did anyone here think you only gained bodyfat? No one does.

I’m surprised you get insulted so easily. What you’ve done is pretty admirable. If you came down lean at 200, it would probably show that you’ve gained about 35 pounds of muscle or so, perhaps a bit more, which is not an easy feat for a natural. [/quote]

Started at 90lbs, now weighs 270lbs and you’re saying he may have gained 35lbs of muscle? Okay.