The Rugged Man vs. Mayweather

How about 5? Cotto, Mosely, Margarito, Paul Williams, Clottey, Berto. They’d all be great fights.

while these r good fighters, who gives a shit about any of them except Cotto? maybe Mosley? the rest arent going to make money like cotto v. mayweather or pacqiauo v. mayweather…the names u mentioned r attractive fights to me and u because we r boxing fans…but since the sport is without organization, its all about wuts gonna generate $, and most of those guys dont make dollars

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
like i said we dont know wuts coming for floyd…marquez was a tune-up for floyd, he just came back wut 4 mons ago?! theres big fights coming and all roads lead to floyd! if doesnt fight atleast 2 big fights in the next year i too will become a floyd hater, or atleast not follow him anymore. should we throw hatton(sucks) in there fightenIrish? [/quote]

you might as well start hating, i quit liking him after the last castillo fight. i know his tricks, i knew he was going to retire too. floyd is going to say he can’t get a fight, fight Cristobal Cruz or somebody, talk about how bad he beat their ass for a few months, then find some washed up fighter to fight.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
the IRS thing is more speculationmore than fact…who should he fight? everyone sucks except the 3 fighters i mentioned… really name someone worthy. and remember floyd isnt that big of a guy, he began as a jr light weight and moved up(like manny pac) cuz he beat everyone! mosley and cotto r both bigger than him, so i dont know wuts with this fight someone ur own size shit? if a fighter steps steps in the ring its on the fighter, like it will be on manny when he gets destroyed ny money![/quote]

Speculation? Tell that to the IRS. The Associated Press got public records showing he owed 6 million, it wasn’t speculation.

How the fuck is Mayweather proving something by calling up a small people with no experience fighting at higher weights? fighting washed up fighters? He hasn’t done shit in like 6 years. I guess he owed a million dollars for every year he didn’t do anything in the world of boxing.

Another thing, Floyd has never had to gain 10 pounds in a few months. coming up in weight slowly and gaining a bunch of weight in a short period of time is totally different.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Probably Zab Judah back in 2006. Although Judah never really lived up to all his hype, so honestly I’d say the second Castillo fight back in 02.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t say Judah. Did he have potential? Yeah, but he didn’t live up to it. Anytime Judah fought a real challenger he lost.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Take margarito out he has no more credibility.
[/quote]

He is still a top welterweight, whether you think so or not.

You can’t use Manny as a measuring stick dipshit. He’s smaller than Mayweather by quite a bit. Pacquiao vs. Hatton at 140 is a good fight- Hatton vs. Mayweather at 147, not so much. And DLH was not in his prime when he fought either of them, so I don’t count him. (He did put up a good fight against Mayweather, but not worthy of a split decision.

[quote]
DONT LIKE THE WAY I TYPE WITHOUT PROOFREADING? DONT FUCKIN LOOK AT THE SCREEN WHEN U SEE MY USERNAME![/quote]

What’s the matter you nancy fuck, you don’t like it when PPllzz caLlz u OuT 4 Taaalkn liK diss!!! LoLllzzz.

Talk like a real person shit for brains.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
How about 5? Cotto, Mosely, Margarito, Paul Williams, Clottey, Berto. They’d all be great fights.

while these r good fighters, who gives a shit about any of them except Cotto? maybe Mosley? the rest arent going to make money like cotto v. mayweather or pacqiauo v. mayweather…the names u mentioned r attractive fights to me and u because we r boxing fans…but since the sport is without organization, its all about wuts gonna generate $, and most of those guys dont make dollars [/quote]

Do you actually watch boxing?

I don’t give a fuck about “$” or about the organizations. Either fight the top welterweights or Floyd should fucking retire.

But no, he’ll blabber on and on about he’s great, when in fact, he’s a pussy fuck who won’t fight the big guys.

Boxing is about beating the best. If Mayweather thinks its about money, which he quite obviously does, he should just say so. He also shouldn’t expect to be on anybody’s Top 100 fighters list, and certianly shouldn’t be called the “pound for pound” champion- just another money whoring fighter who wasted all his best years.

I get the feeling that that’s exactly how history will judge him… mostly because I intend to write it.

And also, this is why Floyd will never be loved or respected in the way that the Micky Wards, Arturo Gattis, and Diego Corrales’ of the world will be.

Even guys like Castillo, people are going to shake their head one day and say, “Man, that cat could fight”- regardless of the amount of losses he has.

The same won’t be said for Mayweather.

cutthoat25 wrote:
Take margarito out he has no more credibility.

He is still a top welterweight, whether you think so or not.

And yes this is about floyd but, im using manny as a measuring stick…someone asked who mayweather has fought? the same last 2 fighters pacman fought delahoya and FATton, so why r they bad fights when floyd is in the ring instead of pac?

You can’t use Manny as a measuring stick dipshit. He’s smaller than Mayweather by quite a bit. Pacquiao vs. Hatton at 140 is a good fight- Hatton vs. Mayweather at 147, not so much. And DLH was not in his prime when he fought either of them, so I don’t count him. (He did put up a good fight against Mayweather, but not worthy of a split decision.

DONT LIKE THE WAY I TYPE WITHOUT PROOFREADING? DONT FUCKIN LOOK AT THE SCREEN WHEN U SEE MY USERNAME!

What’s the matter you nancy fuck, you don’t like it when PPllzz caLlz u OuT 4 Taaalkn liK diss!!! LoLllzzz.

Talk like a real person shit for brains.[/quote]

ok computer gangster…talk all u want i dont do that forum fighting bullshit, cuz we will never see eachother face to face…so u can keep that pussy shit over there across the water.

as for the $ i was justifiying why a person would accept a fight over another…and for manny being smaller come on really 5’61/2 vs 5’8? dude come on delahoya is fuckin 5’10, and both men fought him…so that out the window

I didn’t see a challenge or threat from Irish, just an insult.

Floyd was a natural super feather/lightweight, years ago. He has grown and is now a natural welterweight. He couldn’t cut to 144 against Marquez and refused to step on HBO’s scale right before the fight. Marquez and Pacquiao fought at super featherweight LAST YEAR. That’s three weight divisions and 17 pounds if you didn’t know.

Hatton’s limit was clearly junior welter. Going up to welterweight was bad for him. Pacquiao has put on weight fast and done it well so I wonder if he could go back to super featherweight or lightweight, but Marquez clearly will always be a much smaller fighter than Mayweather.

People are saying the winner of Pac-Cotto may never fight Mayweather because of Bob Arum and Mayweathers reluctance to work together. Mayweather may use this as an excuse, especially if Cotto wins.

Mayweather should fight Mosley, the winner of Pacquiao-Cotto, and Paul Williams. If he fought and beat all of them, he would make a lot of money and people would say “shit, he’s good” and get off his back and he could genuinely brag all he wanted to about being so great.

I get the feeling that that’s exactly how history will judge him… mostly because I intend to write it. [/quote]

Nice. I take it back, you’re not a scumbag or dick licker or whatever I called you awhile back.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I didn’t see a challenge or threat from Irish, just an insult.

Floyd was a natural super feather/lightweight, years ago. He has grown and is now a natural welterweight. He couldn’t cut to 144 against Marquez and refused to step on HBO’s scale right before the fight. Marquez and Pacquiao fought at super featherweight LAST YEAR. That’s three weight divisions and 17 pounds if you didn’t know.

Hatton’s limit was clearly junior welter. Going up to welterweight was bad for him. Pacquiao has put on weight fast and done it well so I wonder if he could go back to super featherweight or lightweight, but Marquez clearly will always be a much smaller fighter than Mayweather.

People are saying the winner of Pac-Cotto may never fight Mayweather because of Bob Arum and Mayweathers reluctance to work together. Mayweather may use this as an excuse, especially if Cotto wins.

Mayweather should fight Mosley, the winner of Pacquiao-Cotto, and Paul Williams. If he fought and beat all of them, he would make a lot of money and people would say “shit, he’s good” and get off his back and he could genuinely brag all he wanted to about being so great. [/quote]

Yup. Great post. If Mayweather fights four more tough fights, he’s done. Then we can say he was indeed the best welterweight of the generation, and one of the best ever.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I get the feeling that that’s exactly how history will judge him… mostly because I intend to write it.

Nice. I take it back, you’re not a scumbag or dick licker or whatever I called you awhile back. [/quote]

ahhaahahahaha. thanks man.

Yup. Great post. If Mayweather fights four more tough fights, he’s done. Then we can say he was indeed the best welterweight of the generation, and one of the best ever.[/quote]

I fully agree with both of you guys. I guess I feel like this is Floyds plan, and he is just taking his time doing it. For sure his next fight has to be 1 of the 4 fighters mentioned, if not than i will begin shift my view of Floyd. If he ducks all 4, well than I will say he has no heart, because there is no reason he cant beat them all with HIS talent. It will be a shame to see Floyd go down like that. Damn u guys got me feelin like thats wuts gonna happen now! shit!

The most annoying and rediculous thing was arguing with a friend saying Floyd was the best ever. He was saying everyone said he was the best, I pulled up a bunch of lists and not one had Floyd in the top 20, and he still argued just for the sake of being right. The sad truth is some people will die thinking Floyd was one of the best.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Yup. Great post. If Mayweather fights four more tough fights, he’s done. Then we can say he was indeed the best welterweight of the generation, and one of the best ever.

I fully agree with both of you guys. I guess I feel like this is Floyds plan, and he is just taking his time doing it. For sure his next fight has to be 1 of the 4 fighters mentioned, if not than i will begin shift my view of Floyd. If he ducks all 4, well than I will say he has no heart, because there is no reason he cant beat them all with HIS talent. It will be a shame to see Floyd go down like that. Damn u guys got me feelin like thats wuts gonna happen now! shit!
[/quote]

For as much as I get on Mayweather, it’s only because I think he has the talent and work ethic to be one of the GOAT. I’m a huge fan of his, too- he’s absolutely incredible to watch. It’s almost like he’s robbing the fans, though, by not taking the real fights that everyone wants to see.

cutthoat25 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

For as much as I get on Mayweather, it’s only because I think he has the talent and work ethic to be one of the GOAT. I’m a huge fan of his, too- he’s absolutely incredible to watch. It’s almost like he’s robbing the fans, though, by not taking the real fights that everyone wants to see. [/quote]

yeah i really want to see him fight these guys too, so the shit talking can really begin…i wanna to see if anyone(worthy) can penetrate his defense? i wanna see mayweather fight his way out of a bad round…these r great fights that need to be made