The Rugged Man vs. Mayweather

Mayweather answers a lot of the questions people around here have been asking…

I’m honestly surprised he stayed on the line.

i’ve heard some funny shit in my day, nothing has made me laugh as hard as hearing “I was de la hoya’s biggest fight” though.

good stuff

That was pretty refreshing. Those guys were knowledgeable and aggressive so Floyd couldn’t just shit talk his way out of the questions. I also agree that losses aren’t so bad if you’re constantly fighting the best.

That was AWESOME!!! Someone FINALLY calls out Floyd for all his bullshit and his crap, and attacked him with facts. Turns out- Floyd is full of shit.

Everything he said is true.

By the way, he made him look like a bitch.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
By the way, he made him look like a bitch.[/quote]

no, worse than that. they exposed him for what he’s; a guy that is so full of himself he doesn’t think he can do anything wrong. i’m just glad he’ll actually have to take a challenging fight in the near future.

it was funny when they called him out on trying to fight Mosley at a “low” point in his career too lol.

while the radio host comes at floyd tuff…his facts r fucked up, he doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about. and then tries to pass off like floyd is confused? who wouldnt fight a lesser opponent for more money and a title? common senese…and the shit he says about slimey-ass bob arum not wanting to do business with mayweather is true

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
while the radio host comes at floyd tuff…his facts r fucked up, he doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about. and then tries to pass off like floyd is confused? who wouldnt fight a lesser opponent for more money and a title? common senese…and the shit he says about slimey-ass bob arum not wanting to do business with mayweather is true[/quote]

who would keep on fighting lesser opponents and think that makes them the greatest?

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
cutthoat25 wrote:
while the radio host comes at floyd tuff…his facts r fucked up, he doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about. and then tries to pass off like floyd is confused? who wouldnt fight a lesser opponent for more money and a title? common senese…and the shit he says about slimey-ass bob arum not wanting to do business with mayweather is true

who would keep on fighting lesser opponents and think that makes them the greatest?[/quote]

Only Floyd.

most fighters these days do that…its not like the old days. whats worse is theres really only a handful of good boxers in the sport, theres only 2 super fights for floyd: pacman or cotto, everyone else sucks or is old and trying to save there career(mosley). boxing needs some better athletes to come along

Its the ugly business side of boxing and no true organization that allows fighters and promoters to pick and choose who to fight. Yeah u can fight the best out there consistently, but r u really gonna turn down more money to fight someone else? no, no one would…u can fight the best later make more money now. How do we know floyd doesnt have manny, cotto, mosley, onhis list? he did come back for a reason right?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Its the ugly business side of boxing and no true organization that allows fighters and promoters to pick and choose who to fight. Yeah u can fight the best out there consistently, but r u really gonna turn down more money to fight someone else? no, no one would…u can fight the best later make more money now. How do we know floyd doesnt have manny, cotto, mosley, onhis list? he did come back for a reason right?[/quote]

He came back for money, he’s in trouble with the IRS. That and he probably retired so he wouldn’t have to take a real fight.

Man, when the fuck is the last time Floyd had a real fight? Not fighting someone past their prime, smaller guy, whatever. When is the last time he fought an actual challenger? Floyd has been jooking and jiving for 6 years now.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
cutthoat25 wrote:
Its the ugly business side of boxing and no true organization that allows fighters and promoters to pick and choose who to fight. Yeah u can fight the best out there consistently, but r u really gonna turn down more money to fight someone else? no, no one would…u can fight the best later make more money now. How do we know floyd doesnt have manny, cotto, mosley, onhis list? he did come back for a reason right?

He came back for money, he’s in trouble with the IRS. That and he probably retired so he wouldn’t have to take a real fight.

Man, when the fuck is the last time Floyd had a real fight? Not fighting someone past their prime, smaller guy, whatever. When is the last time he fought an actual challenger? Floyd has been jooking and jiving for 6 years now. [/quote]

Probably Zab Judah back in 2006. Although Judah never really lived up to all his hype, so honestly I’d say the second Castillo fight back in 02.

And also, look at May’s record, and lot of the guys fought Floyd shortly before they retired, i.e. Baldomir, Mitchell, Gatti, N’dou, de La Hoya…

the IRS thing is more speculationmore than fact…who should he fight? everyone sucks except the 3 fighters i mentioned… really name someone worthy. and remember floyd isnt that big of a guy, he began as a jr light weight and moved up(like manny pac) cuz he beat everyone! mosley and cotto r both bigger than him, so i dont know wuts with this fight someone ur own size shit? if a fighter steps steps in the ring its on the fighter, like it will be on manny when he gets destroyed ny money!

like i said we dont know wuts coming for floyd…marquez was a tune-up for floyd, he just came back wut 4 mons ago?! theres big fights coming and all roads lead to floyd! if doesnt fight atleast 2 big fights in the next year i too will become a floyd hater, or atleast not follow him anymore. should we throw hatton(sucks) in there fightenIrish?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
the IRS thing is more speculationmore than fact…
[/quote]

No, it’s fact. It’s known that a good portion of the Marquez purse went directly to the IRS.

How about 5? Cotto, Mosely, Margarito, Paul Williams, Clottey, Berto. They’d all be great fights.

[quote]
and remember floyd isnt that big of a guy, he began as a jr light weight and moved up(like manny pac) cuz he beat everyone! mosley and cotto r both bigger than him, so i dont know wuts with this fight someone ur own size shit? if a fighter steps steps in the ring its on the fighter, like it will be on manny when he gets destroyed ny money![/quote]

First of all, at least try to sound like you speak this damn language when you post, huh?

And second of all, most of the guys fighting at welter now didn’t start there. Cotto started at 140, and Shane started at friggin lightweight. So I don’t want to hear about Floyd isn’t big enough to fight them- that’s the game. He clearly cannot go any lower than 146 anymore, and so he MUST fight welterweights. If not, retire.

And yes, it is on you when you fight someone in a different class… and I give Pac a lot of credit for doing it. But we’re not talking about him, we’re talking about Mayweather- the same Mayweather who thinks he’s an ATG but absolutely REFUSES to fight any of the big name welterweights out there.

Hell, Floyd may be the ONLY guy to hold the title at welterweight when he’s never actually fought a decent welterweight. That’s actually kind of impressive as far as cowardice goes.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
the IRS thing is more speculationmore than fact…
[/quote]

No, it’s fact. It’s known that a good portion of the Marquez purse went directly to the IRS.

How about 5? Cotto, Mosely, Margarito, Paul Williams, Clottey, Berto. They’d all be great fights.

[quote]
and remember floyd isnt that big of a guy, he began as a jr light weight and moved up(like manny pac) cuz he beat everyone! mosley and cotto r both bigger than him, so i dont know wuts with this fight someone ur own size shit? if a fighter steps steps in the ring its on the fighter, like it will be on manny when he gets destroyed ny money![/quote]

First of all, at least try to sound like you speak this damn language when you post, huh?

And second of all, most of the guys fighting at welter now didn’t start there. Cotto started at 140, and Shane started at friggin lightweight. So I don’t want to hear about Floyd isn’t big enough to fight them- that’s the game. He clearly cannot go any lower than 146 anymore, and so he MUST fight welterweights. If not, retire.

And yes, it is on you when you fight someone in a different class… and I give Pac a lot of credit for doing it. But we’re not talking about him, we’re talking about Mayweather- the same Mayweather who thinks he’s an ATG but absolutely REFUSES to fight any of the big name welterweights out there.

Hell, Floyd may be the ONLY guy to hold the title at welterweight when he’s never actually fought a decent welterweight. That’s actually kind of impressive as far as cowardice goes.

Take margarito out he has no more credibility. And yes this is about floyd but, im using manny as a measuring stick…someone asked who mayweather has fought? the same last 2 fighters pacman fought delahoya and FATton, so why r they bad fights when floyd is in the ring instead of pac? DONT LIKE THE WAY I TYPE WITHOUT PROOFREADING? DONT FUCKIN LOOK AT THE SCREEN WHEN U SEE MY USERNAME!