The Rock Returns on Monday Night RAW

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
The two greatest WWE wrestlers of all time in the ring one more time. That’d be sweet.[/quote]

I was gonna laugh at this statement and think that you must be too young to remember the late 80s/early 90s. Then realized you said WWE, and not WWF :wink:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]AverageJoe101 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Ya they wouldn’t stop talking about this on the radio this morning…Ah the memories. If only they could get Austin to come back as well. The two greatest WWE wrestlers of all time in the ring one more time. That’d be sweet.[/quote]

Am the only one that has realized many many years ago that WWE is completely scripted???[/quote]

I was like that before they came out an admitted it years ago…now that they admit it, I think it’s OK to watch some WWE here and there.

But I really do feel sorry for the people back in the day that really thought that the IRS guy was really angry at the guy who was raised from the dead or whatever. Or that the Saudis and Russians settled their differences by lightly punching each other in the place behind the ear while stomping on the mat.[/quote]

It’s scripted in the sense that they have pre-written storylines, but the wrestlers decide between themselves which moves to use in-match by using a kind of shorthand to tell their ‘opponent’ what the next move is, so the ‘opponent’ is prepared and knows how to sell to move after it is applied.

The pre-match interviews are ad-libbed by the wrestlers: The Rock was particularly good at this because he said he did a lot of public speaking in college.

All the wrestlers selected for the WWE training camp come up with their own ring personas. I remember watching a vid of John Cena doing a kind of terminator knock-off ( looked it up: he called himself ‘The Prototype’):

Do you guys really think the Rock can survive in wrestling in the post-Attitude, PG era of WWE?

Attitude Era was the best.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Do you guys really think the Rock can survive in wrestling in the post-Attitude, PG era of WWE?[/quote]

Of course we think- IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Ya they wouldn’t stop talking about this on the radio this morning…Ah the memories. If only they could get Austin to come back as well. The two greatest WWE wrestlers of all time in the ring one more time. That’d be sweet.[/quote]

Am the only one that has realized many many years ago that WWE is completely scripted???[/quote]

I was like that before they came out an admitted it years ago…now that they admit it, I think it’s OK to watch some WWE here and there.

But I really do feel sorry for the people back in the day that really thought that the IRS guy was really angry at the guy who was raised from the dead or whatever. Or that the Saudis and Russians settled their differences by lightly punching each other in the place behind the ear while stomping on the mat.[/quote]

What surprises me the most is how all the wwe fans never get fed up with the same things which
are repeated again and again and even more surprising is that in all those years the popularity of pro wresting has only gone up.

I mean its fun to watch wrestling some times because of the humor and the crazy matches that involves insane stunts but that much craze for pro wrestling in the modern age is really shocking i am not trying to offend anyone but i think a mature adult person cannot be a regular fan of pro wrestling so a lot of people in this world are not so mature i think joe rogan is right.

Although i DO respect the wrestler for doing such crazy things in the ring brock lesner explains it well

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

It’s scripted in the sense that they have pre-written storylines, but the wrestlers decide between themselves which moves to use in-match by using a kind of shorthand to tell their ‘opponent’ what the next move is, so the ‘opponent’ is prepared and knows how to sell to move after it is applied.

The pre-match interviews are ad-libbed by the wrestlers: The Rock was particularly good at this because he said he did a lot of public speaking in college.

All the wrestlers selected for the WWE training camp come up with their own ring personas. I remember watching a vid of John Cena doing a kind of terminator knock-off ( looked it up: he called himself ‘The Prototype’):

[/quote]

That peanut butter sandwich part was great!

He does look great. I watched the video and it’s weird how huge he looks considering he’s been keeping himself at a lower weight to keep his movie roles more believable…but it looks like he doesn’t need much time to get back up to what looks like 250lbs or more.
I mean he looks great in the video but even more muscular in the pic I added.