The Road

The movie called The Road is really good. I suggest seeing it now. I read the book last year, and the movie does it justice in my opinion. It’s basically about a man and his son trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. The entire movie is a struggle for them to survive, finding food, evading cannibals, etc…

7/10

saw it in theatres, was a bit disappointing

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
The movie called The Road is really good. I suggest seeing it now. I read the book last year, and the movie does it justice in my opinion. It’s basically about a man and his son trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. The entire movie is a struggle for them to survive, finding food, evading cannibals, etc…[/quote]

I read the book myself and then to my 12 year old son. We both love it, but I’ve been almost afraid to see the movie, because I was afraid they would take too much liberty, and that it would kind of ruin it for me.

Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

I loved the book. Still haven’t seen the film… and like Vires Eternus just said, I’m a bit hesitant about it not being as good as the book.

Never read the book, but not a bad movie at all. You could almost feel the desperation of some of the characters.

The epic fuck up that the people in charge took with that movie was just that… epic.

I saw a few commercials for it and a few teasers in the theater for it and then next thing I know, it is the smallest release movie ever? And is it already on DVD? WTF! I TRIED to see it in theaters and couldn’t.

I’ve never been so deeply affected by a movie. Don’t know what it was, maybe it was the mood I was in or just the setting but my roommates and I just sat there for 10 minutes after the movie ended not speaking a word.

Heavy stuff.

I want to read the book and I want to see the movie. If aragorn is in it then it has to be good! haha. I think it will be good.