The Road To The Wrestling Ring

Hammer Strength Seated Row- 160 lbs 1x15, 180 lbs 1x12, 190 lbs 1x7, 200 lbs 1x5

Barbell Rows(Smith Machine)- 115 lbs 1x12(didn’t feel right so I dropped it and moved on)

Lat Pulldowns- 80 lbs 1x15, 90 lbs 1x12, 100 lbs 1x8 (Did two more sets with 60 lbs x 20 just to fatigue my lats completely)

Seated Cable Rows- 90 lbs 1x15, 100 lbs 1x12, 120 lbs 1x10, 60 lbs 1x20

Dumbbell Preacher Curls- 20 lbs 1x13, 25 lbs 1x8, 30 lbs 1x5
Ez Curls- 25 lbs 1x15, 35 lbs 1x15, 45 lbs 1x13

Finished off with 10 minutes of the treadmill on the 15 incline at speed 3 to finish the workout and called it a day.

-WORKOUT STUFF-

Wanted to update, I know I haven’t been posting all my workouts in this thing, but I have been keeping track of my numbers via other methods. I’m still doing the tradition bodybuilding style of workout that I start a couple weeks ago. I’m trying to find a happy starting point with it on some lifts, while on others I settled right into the perfect weights and when I need to progress.

I don’t think I ever noted why I was switching early out of the Optimized Volume Training I was doing. It was simply from seeing so many big guys either work out on video this way(Coleman and other bodybuilders) and from hearing some of the more elite members on the board discuss “ramping” as some have dubbed it. I’ve been focusing in on my cardio more lately.

I know I need great cardio to be a wrestler, or atleast to be a good one that is. I think the high incline(15 setting) treadmill work at a steady speed usually high enough to make me walk as fast as I can(Between 3 and 4) or enough to just have me to the point of jogging.

I started recently doing between 10-20 minutes, but I’m planning on starting hour long sessions soon probably in the morning, and then hit the workouts later in the day.

I’m doing a four day split currently…
Day 1- Chest/Triceps
Day 2- Legs
Day 3- Off
Day 4- Back/Biceps
Day 5- Off
Day 6- Shoulders/Traps
Day 7- Off

-DIET STUFF-

I work abs and calves multiple times throughout the week. I feel like I’m increasing my muscle mass even more, but I’m still rather stagnant on fat loss due to my own dietary pitfalls. I recently cleaned up my eating to the point where I’m eating mainly rice, salad for carbs(occasional green veggies that I’ve listed in previous posts) and chicken, steak, turkey for protein.

I’ll throw in a can of tuna a few times a week as well as atleast one protein shake a day. I’ve been struggling with it since I’ve started the log, but I’ve gone the last three days without drinking pop, which should also help me with the fat loss.

-PRO-WRESTLING STUFF and MISC.-

Getting married in July to my fiance, Michelle. We, along with my dad, may be moving down south at the end of the year. I was born in Gainesville, Florida and grew up from 4 until I was 15 in Myrtle Beach, SC. I miss the weather, nicer people, and better scenery.

If I don’t get into to be trained in Windsor by D’Amore(spelling?) before then I’m aiming to train at either Dory Funks school or Team 3D’s school in Florida. If we move to Florida it’ll be around Fort Lauderdale, if we move to South Carolina probably somewhere around Myrtle Beach.

Went to a wrestling ppv at the Palace of Auburn Hills(TNA Slammiversary). To me Sting vs Matt Morgan was match of the night, but from what I’m reading online I might be the only person to feel that way. I just thinking from where I was sitting they told a good david vs goliath story.

Morgan looked strong and stiff and Sting looked a hell of a lot better than he has in the last few months since his good matches with AJ and Samoa Joe. He looked to be fast and appeared to have put some muscle mass back on his body that he’d dropped since hurting his knee early this year.

Overall the show was pretty good. I’m not the type of guy that will analyze the hell out of a wrestling match to try and put myself above a casual fan. I’m a fan now, and when I finally train and get to lock up in the ring I’ll still be a fan until the day I put the boots in the closet for good.

I might go to another wrestling show on Friday, Ring of Honor is holding a show in Detroit. I haven’t seen an ROH show live since 06 in Chicago. I haven’t seen a ROH show period since I ordered their first few ppvs. Not so much that ROH isn’t as good as they once were, it’s more of the fact that I had trouble keeping up with the amount of shows they put out on dvd every year.

Still working on my novel and comic book, and I don’t remember if I posted this before but I will be taking my GED next month. Shortly after that I plan on attending the National Personal Training institute for their six month course, and certifying online with the ISSA so I can learn more about training myself, and find work as a personal trainer. It’s a busy year for The Buzz, have to make up for the last four that I’ve wasted.

Happy lifting and thanks for reading this novel of a post.

-Buzz

Log Update

8/6/09

-Well my workout schedule was pretty much non-existent for most of July. I did test a couple of my max lifts during the month and worked out a few times sporadically, but I dropped the ball.

As far as the lifts go I put up 205 for two reps and then almost put up 215, but couldn’t quite lock out on the bench. I deadlifted 300 lbs, which took a few tries due to tiring myself out a bit warming up. I didn’t test my squat, but I’m fairly certain I can do between 225-230. Obviously needs work, but have to worry about not missing gym time first.

-Got married in July to my wife, Michelle. I took my GED in July as well after doing some major studying all month. Got my diploma a few days ago, and my test results were apparently very good. So now I’ve been requesting info from ISSA, and the National Personal Training Institute about possibly getting certified. I’d like to learn more to help myself and others. I’m contemplating just going to college and getting an associates in something.

-Work situation took a turn for the worse, so I’m hanging in there trying to sell off some old stuff to make the bills. I’ve got my gym membership with Powerhouse through the middle of October, and if I absolutely have to I can workout at Planet Fitness with my wife for free.

-Anyway enough with the talking. I started working out again last week when I showed my wife a good program at her gym, and tonight I picked my program back up. I’ll start posting in here again to keep myself accountable.

Day One-Back, Biceps

Hammer Strength Seated Rows
-160 lbs 1x17
-180 lbs 1x8(actually did 12, but they were pretty much half reps after the 8th)
-170 lbs 1x6(did about 10, but once again the form went awful after the 6th)

Lat Pulldown
-80 lbs 1x12
-90 lbs 1x10(I really started tiring out around here.)
-100 lbs 1x6

Dumbbell Rows
-30 lbs 1x13(each side)
-35 lbs 1x12(each side)(left side was majorly fatigued)
-37.5 lbs 1x10

Seated Rows
-80 lbs 1x12
-90 lbs 1x12

EZ Bar Curls

25 lbs 1 set of 21’s
35 lbs 1 set of 21’s
45 lbs 1x7

I completed that in about 30 minutes due to making it to the gym late. The time off hurt my endurance big time, and I really need to start doing a warm-up set on either the first exercise of the body part or of each exercise. Can’t complain about the lack of endurance too much due to the time off. It’ll come back soon. Will hit my legs tomorrow, and post the results.