T Nation

THE ROAD TO 400

This is my first post on T-Nation. I wanted to post my progress as I make my journey to a 400 lb raw bench press. In may I did a 314 lb third attempt at a San Diego bench press contest. It went up easy and I probably could have gotten about 5-10 more lbs on that day. I have just finished 8 weeks on the anti- bodybuilding routine and now I plan on gearing everything towards a strength cycle for at least 8 weeks.

I plan on being a fucking machine come march for the USPF California State meet. Will I make it? I don’t know. But I’m gonna give it everything I have.

good luck

I’m on the same path as you. You should think 4 plates though. (405) lol, looks way better than 3 plates with 35’s, 5’s, and 2.5’s. At my highschool meet I got 325. My bench has increased since then, but haven’t done any 1RM testing, have been just working with heavy 3’s and 5’s. Good luck man!

[quote]rasturai wrote:
I’m on the same path as you. You should think 4 plates though. (405) lol, looks way better than 3 plates with 35’s, 5’s, and 2.5’s. At my highschool meet I got 325. My bench has increased since then, but haven’t done any 1RM testing, have been just working with heavy 3’s and 5’s. Good luck man! [/quote]

He’d have to be putting up at least 462lbs to put up 4 plates in competition tho :stuck_out_tongue: (3 25kg’s, 1 20kg and a 2.5kg collar!!)

Good luck with it bro. When’s the comp on, and what weight are you planning to lift at?

I plan on competing at 165. I’m still growing into this weight class. My competition press is usually a little better than my gym lifts.

I know that I have a long way to go, but, hopefully by USPF Nationals next summer I’ll be close. Just because I know that someone will ask, I’m 5’1" and I share the same gene pool as the battle troll from Lord of the Rings.