T Nation

The Risk of Steroids

Hi All,

I like to workout, I think it is fun. I think when in a country where it is legal steroids can be used to help achieve certain goals. Steroids are great for people who can use them responsibly and legally.

I know of one person in particular, who has lost a lot from steroids, and am wondering if he regrets it at all? I am sure there are more and I would just like to know how they feel about it.

I appreciate any or all advice, and also apologize for cluttering up the forum with a thread that offers zero advice on steroids.

You already know the answer. Why are you asking here? You’re carrer is second to none and you know that. Find a dealer that can order stuff for you. Tell him specifically from which websites to order so that you know the price of the stuff he ordering.

Arrange with him a %ge profit he gonna make. It isn’t easy, but that’s what I did in the past to get some dbols. Just go to a nearby gym, find the biggest guy, talk him up after a couple of weeks you get to know him…you know the drift.

It seems like you have alot strings attached. It takes alot of inner thought to figure out the value of your usage. If thats you on the avatar, firstly nice going you’ve exposed yourself (call me paranoid but when you know who is asking for your missing computer as part of a warrant you’ll be sorry) and secondly with that caliber physique usage is pretty much required.

Risk to benefit ratio is exactly correct. It seems to me that you live in an enviornment that doesnt allow you to raise many flags. You’re also adding another set of eyes and ears to the equation and depending on their mental standpoint of gear it will stressful nonetheless telling her, “Honey, I use steroids.”

If you don’t its bound to surface. Either you don’t intercept an order and she picks it up and asks about it or worst yet catches you prepping to pin. Bad scenarios all around. You also said that your potential exposure as a steroid user will ruin your chances in your career field.

Well, personally, I rationalize my friends usage because its enabling him to gain the mass he needs in order to be competitive in his future career field. He has other aspirations besides that but they won’t be blocked by his usage due to his enviornment.

Currently your usage is merely for recreational purposes. For looking better naked, lifting bigger weights, etc. Ultimately, it will be your choice but with as many factors as you have working against you it might be time to put down the stuff and merely train to be healthy. Cheers

-GB

Actually not too bad an idea, bicep_craze, and I have a variation on that theme, after a few words.

First, though, eg, I’m certain that the “reward,” to you, is great, and possibly approaches the reward of reaching your career goals. I happen to be lucky enough to live in a country where I don’t have to worry about the legality, but I do intend to come back to America one day, and I am already asking myself the same kinds of questions you are.

Most of “our thing” is, I think, tied up in personal image. Now, there are, actually, ways in which you can successfully redefine your personal image, and believe it or not, it is not all that hard to revolutionize the way you view yourself.

However, this image and lifestyle in which we partake is so wrapped up in everything we do, in the way we are viewed by others, in our health, everything that any choice to cross back over to the other side will necessarily entail a “different” you. I don’t know if that is the choice you want to make.

It is certainly a very personal decision, and one you will only be able to reach on your own, but perhaps the ideas that follow in this thread can help. I know I would have a lot of trouble reaching this decision, so I can fully understand your quandary.

Now, should you choose to continue to engage in this lifestyle, what I would suggest is this: Find someone you trust fully and completely. A man, not a woman (no offense, women, but men tend to have a certain loyalty toward other men that women just do not have outside of some good marriages).

A suggested above, strike a deal with him, for example, you ship all of your powders to him, and he transfers to you, either through domestic mail or, preferably, personal delivery. In return, you will brew up all of the powders into AAS and give him, say, half (or whatever he is willing to agree to), for taking on the risk of receiving overseas mail at his address.

This will reduce risk to yourself to almost nothing, so long as you and your friend know how to keep your mouths shut and you don’t start getting greedy and going beyond personal use for the two of you.

Now, as far as moving in with your girlfriend. This is going to sound harsh, but if she is not completely on board with this, then you might either want to NOT move in with her, or reevaluate your situation. I am very blessed to have a wife that completely accepts my mad scientist lifestyle, and I do not know how on earth I could possibly pull off this lifestyle if I had to hide it from her.

Also, “girlfriends” are often transient, ephemeral things, and I have heard more than one story of a spiteful woman destroying a man’s life and carreer just as a final fuck you on the way out the door.

This could turn into a pretty interesting thread. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your decision.

[quote]Bicep_craze wrote:
Why are you asking here?
[/quote]
I appreciate your response but dont ask me this, I dont need to justify anything to you.

[quote]
Find a dealer that can order stuff for you. Just go to a nearby gym, find the biggest guy, talk him up after a couple of weeks you get to know him…you know the drift.[/quote]

My gym is the one that my school provides, I AM the biggest guy there…by a long shot…

Thanks for the input though B_C

Heh, eg, see? I’m not the only one who thought you were Michael Lockett :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Actually not too bad an idea, bicep_craze, and I have a variation on that theme, after a few words.

First, though, eg, I’m certain that the “reward,” to you, is great, and possibly approaches the reward of reaching your career goals. I happen to be lucky enough to live in a country where I don’t have to worry about the legality, but I do intend to come back to America one day, and I am already asking myself the same kinds of questions you are.

Most of “our thing” is, I think, tied up in personal image. Now, there are, actually, ways in which you can successfully redefine your personal image, and believe it or not, it is not all that hard to revolutionize the way you view yourself. However, this image and lifestyle in which we partake is so wrapped up in everything we do, in the way we are viewed by others, in our health, everything that any choice to cross back over to the other side will necessarily entail a “different” you. I don’t know if that is the choice you want to make.

It is certainly a very personal decision, and one you will only be able to reach on your own, but perhaps the ideas that follow in this thread can help. I know I would have a lot of trouble reaching this decision, so I can fully understand your quandary.

Now, should you choose to continue to engage in this lifestyle, what I would suggest is this: Find someone you trust fully and completely. A man, not a woman (no offense, women, but men tend to have a certain loyalty toward other men that women just do not have outside of some good marriages).

A suggested above, strike a deal with him, for example, you ship all of your powders to him, and he transfers to you, either through domestic mail or, preferably, personal delivery. In return, you will brew up all of the powders into AAS and give him, say, half (or whatever he is willing to agree to), for taking on the risk of receiving overseas mail at his address.

This will reduce risk to yourself to almost nothing, so long as you and your friend know how to keep your mouths shut and you don’t start getting greedy and going beyond personal use for the two of you.

Now, as far as moving in with your girlfriend. This is going to sound harsh, but if she is not completely on board with this, then you might either want to NOT move in with her, or reevaluate your situation. I am very blessed to have a wife that completely accepts my mad scientist lifestyle, and I do not know how on earth I could possibly pull off this lifestyle if I had to hide it from her.

Also, “girlfriends” are often transient, ephemeral things, and I have heard more than one story of a spiteful woman destroying a man’s life and carreer just as a final fuck you on the way out the door.

This could turn into a pretty interesting thread. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your decision.[/quote]

Cortes, I want to really thank you for the detailed response. My girlfriend is actually completely okay with everything that I do health wise- Its the legality portion of it that she disagrees. She, and I to a certain extent, thinks that even though the law is ridiculous and irrational, its not going to change, so it doesn’t really matter.

Her point is more of; “looking big inst worth losing all that we want together”. I understand her point of view, but I know she doesn’t get how much weight lifting means to me, or what it essentially has done for my life.

My problem is that I don’t know anyone who would even remotely consider this. I don’t know any one who actually consistently works out, let alone be willing to risk some thing like this. I guess I could try and join a local gym, and meet some one there?

I have been working out, dieting, researching legal supplements (and illegal ones) since about sixteen, and I don’t really know if I can change this image, but I suppose that is what I will have to do, if I decide it is “not worth it”.

Thanks again for your response

After reading your post Conquistador, primal extremely sexist thought pattern flooded my mind once again. My other post is without at doubt currently being reviewed I’m sure. OP: Allow me to add to your current “Imma move in with my girl” life changing event.

It won’t be of positive nature rest assured. I have to agree with Cortes regarding their nature. Most of them but not all are cruel, fiendish, deceiving creatures that function on a set pattern of behaviors.

They absorb everything the media spews out and take it too heart. Unless you have a sweet deal like Cortes you’ll be trying to hide your usage from her. Its bound to surface. The look on her face when she sees you sticking a needle in your body will brand you a hardened drug addict in her mind for the rest of your days.

You could probably continue your career with the usage. Coleman was police officer while picking up Olympias at the same time and I know several COs and cops that use so you can’t use that excuse.

I think this girlfriend factor more than any other one is the ‘make me/break me’. To further add to Cortes’ conclusion: remember the saying, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

LOL THIS IS MICHAEL LOCKETT!!

I am very light brown and about 40lbs lighter!! I put this up as kind of a joke for you and more for Waylander who compares me to every big black man he can think of! (just kidding Waylander!) ; p

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
It seems like you have alot strings attached. It takes alot of inner thought to figure out the value of your usage. If thats you on the avatar, firstly nice going you’ve exposed yourself (call me paranoid but when you know who is asking for your missing computer as part of a warrant you’ll be sorry) and secondly with that caliber physique usage is pretty much required.

Risk to benefit ratio is exactly correct. It seems to me that you live in an enviornment that doesnt allow you to raise many flags. You’re also adding another set of eyes and ears to the equation and depending on their mental standpoint of gear it will stressful nonetheless telling her, “Honey, I use steroids.”

If you don’t its bound to surface. Either you don’t intercept an order and she picks it up and asks about it or worst yet catches you prepping to pin. Bad scenarios all around.

You also said that your potential exposure as a steroid user will ruin your chances in your career field.

Well, personally, I rationalize my friends usage because its enabling him to gain the mass he needs in order to be competitive in his future career field. He has other aspirations besides that but they won’t be blocked by his usage due to his enviornment.

Currently your usage is merely for recreational purposes. For looking better naked, lifting bigger weights, etc. Ultimately, it will be your choice but with as many factors as you have working against you it might be time to put down the stuff and merely train to be healthy. Cheers

-GB[/quote]

I know you responded before my response, but just in case someone else doesnt see it, my GF is okay with the usage, more doesnt like the possible legal ramifications.

[quote]

-GB[/quote]

Its much more than a hobby to me, I dont even care about looking good naked, its just so much more. It gives me my drive, I apply everything I have learned from the weights to my life, the patience, the dedication, all of it really has made me the person I am today…

Thanks for the reponse GB

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
Its much more than a hobby to me, I dont even care about looking good naked, its just so much more. It gives me my drive, I apply everything I have learned from the weights to my life, the patience, the dedication, all of it really has made me the person I am today…

Thanks for the reponse GB[/quote]

I feel for you man. Even in my limited experience with steroids I know I could never stop. When you spend pretty much every waking moment trying to maximize your potential and doing everything possible to grow for so long it’s just impossible, for me at least, to set that part of me aside.

I know you said you have competed in the past and I take it you plan on doing so in the future. If you set steroids aside that’s pretty much game over. You can’t compete with guys using AAS and you can’t join the natty ranks.

I think as long as you are smart about it, and keep your mouth shut, which it sounds like you do a great job of, you can do this without ever getting caught. I mean look at all the Pro’s, it’s SO obvious they are using AAS and the majority have never had any issues.

I’m just a young fella though so I don’t really understand all the potential long term consequences so take what I’m telling you with a grain of salt.

Good luck in whatever you decide man. You’ve been a great help to me and to many others on this site, I wish you the best.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
egnatiosj wrote:

Thanks for the reponse GB

I feel for you man. Even in my limited experience with steroids I know I could never stop. When you spend pretty much every waking moment trying to maximize your potential and doing everything possible to grow for so long it’s just impossible, for me at least, to set that part of me aside.

I know you said you have competed in the past and I take it you plan on doing so in the future. If you set steroids aside that’s pretty much game over. You can’t compete with guys using AAS and you can’t join the natty ranks.

I think as long as you are smart about it, and keep your mouth shut, which it sounds like you do a great job of, you can do this without ever getting caught. I mean look at all the Pro’s, it’s SO obvious they are using AAS and the majority have never had any issues.

I’m just a young fella though so I don’t really understand all the potential long term consequences so take what I’m telling you with a grain of salt.

Good luck in whatever you decide man. You’ve been a great help to me and to many others on this site, I wish you the best.[/quote]

Thanks way, I know a bunch of you guys on here feel the same way about lifting/BBing as I do, which is why I asked. Just to be clear though, I have no intention on competing again, my chest/delts would be laughed off the stage bc of my shoulder problems.

On top of that I just really dont enjoy being in so front of all those people. Unlike that T-Nation member Roccos girlfriend who just posted, I am shy (Just kidding).

[quote]Basically, to work in my future career I need to get nationally licensed (ex. the bar exam though Im not going into the law). One of the pre-reqs is no felonies are misdemeanors.

[/quote]

Is that meant to be “no misdemeanors”? What career can you not have a misdemeanor?

yes, sorry for that typo. To clarify, I believe its no drug-related misdemeanors, but I could be wrong. I’ve never worried about any other type of misdemeanor so I am not positive if it is ANY or just drug-related.

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
LOL THIS IS MICHAEL LOCKETT!!

I am very light brown and about 40lbs lighter!! I put this up as kind of a joke for you and more for Waylander who compares me to every big black man he can think of! (just kidding Waylander!) ; p[/quote]

Not my fault you could pass for the identical twin of either brandon curry or michael lockett. Stop being so humble! lol

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
Just to be clear though, I have no intention on competing again, my chest/delts would be laughed off the stage bc of my shoulder problems.

[/quote]

Hah! If you think you would be laughed off the stage I should just go ahead and give up any bodybuilding aspirations I have lol

Damn. Now I wanna see what Eg looks like…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Heh. I think I beat you to this, BBB. We should all talk :slight_smile:

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
Cortes wrote:

Most of “our thing” is, I think, tied up in personal image. Now, there are, actually, ways in which you can successfully redefine your personal image, and believe it or not, it is not all that hard to revolutionize the way you view yourself. However, this image and lifestyle in which we partake is so wrapped up in everything we do, in the way we are viewed by others, in our health, everything that any choice to cross back over to the other side will necessarily entail a “different” you. I don’t know if that is the choice you want to make.

This could turn into a pretty interesting thread. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your decision.

Cortes, I want to really thank you for the detailed response. My girlfriend is actually completely okay with everything that I do health wise- Its the legality portion of it that she disagrees. She, and I to a certain extent, thinks that even though the law is ridiculous and irrational, its not going to change, so it doesn’t really matter.

Her point is more of; “looking big inst worth losing all that we want together”. I understand her point of view, but I know she doesn’t get how much weight lifting means to me, or what it essentially has done for my life.

My problem is that I don’t know anyone who would even remotely consider this. I don’t know any one who actually consistently works out, let alone be willing to risk some thing like this. I guess I could try and join a local gym, and meet some one there?

Most of “our thing” is, I think, tied up in personal image. Now, there are, actually, ways in which you can successfully redefine your personal image, and believe it or not, it is not all that hard to revolutionize the way you view yourself.

However, this image and lifestyle in which we partake is so wrapped up in everything we do, in the way we are viewed by others, in our health, everything that any choice to cross back over to the other side will necessarily entail a “different” you.

I don’t know if that is the choice you want to make. It is certainly a very personal decision, and one you will only be able to reach on your own, but perhaps the ideas that follow in this thread can help. I know I would have a lot of trouble reaching this decision, so I can fully understand your quandary.

I think part of the difficulty in this for me, is that weight lifting is really all that I do outside of school. My academics are basically my life, and the weights have been my outlet for years.

My peers are all spoiled little brats who think that their parents spending 40K+ a year on tuition guarantees them a degree. They have no desire to learn the material, just to get the grades and run (and mind you these are all HEALTH majors).

I have been working out, dieting, researching legal supplements (and illegal ones) since about sixteen, and I don’t really know if I can change this image, but I suppose that is what I will have to do, if I decide it is “not worth it”.

Thanks again for your response
[/quote]

You seem to have had a very similar lifestyle to mine most of the time. On another note, sometimes I come over as ‘harsh’, or sound like an asshole…or like a pro-steroid nut…I’m like that in real life so uh, excuse me if I asked you ‘why are you asking here’. My bad really.

Anyway, I think Cortes gave a very solid advise. But yes like you pointed above, if there is another gym close to you (except the school gym of course), then do consider making new ‘contacts’ with the ‘big’ guys in there.

Of course BBB would be the man for ya :slight_smile: (no homo lol bear with me)

Just trying to help man.

Good luck.