The Right Giving Credit to Obama?

So the issue is racist family members?

All joking aside, Common ground: illegal immigrants are a problem, so is generally hating brown people, and [you/millions] have some annoying family members? I feel like there is good chunk of the country who could agree with this.

1 Like

I’ve seen it here coming from Raj. If you haven’t seen it, you haven’t been looking lol. But agreed on the family part.

Which is why it was never mainstream for people to hate illegals to the magnitude they are today. They’re generally just good, hardworking people trying to take care of their families. [quote=“Basement_Gainz, post:80, topic:230548”]
The problem is getting past the “Republicans Hate Brown People!” messaging of dems.
[/quote]

The bigger problem are the bad apples that genuinely hate all brown people. With how well the media is able to focus in on these bad apples, they can’t afford to be gaining in numbers. [quote=“Basement_Gainz, post:80, topic:230548”]
A simplified and enforceable guest worker and green card program. Make the rules clear and dead simple to follow, then enforce them.
Punish businesses who hire illegals.
Help Mexico and South America not be shit holes. If there’s a stable country with opportunity their entire working age population won’t be flooding here.
[/quote]

Agree with all of this. [quote=“sunnbeaches105, post:81, topic:230548”]
So the issue is racist family members?
[/quote]

The main issue, for me, is that small middle of nowhere communities like my families’ are starting to get larger. As population scales so does the hate. Hate breeds hate (not speaking directly at anyone, just generally). As these small communities evolve into larger ones the problem only multiplies.

Not as effective as Trump’s Wall, I’d wager.

Lol what wall?

Agree 100%

During the campaign, Trump mentioned that he might be amenable to building a wall along the border with Mexico. Didn’t get a lot of play in the media, so I can see how you might not have heard about it. :wink:

2 Likes

Poll, after poll after poll seems to suggest , pfury, that Trumps reelection (barring his own Self-Destruction)… is independent of any true “reality” or usual metric

Trump knows this…and he plays it like a fine Violin, reality be damned.

I don’t personally place much stock in those types of polls. Ultimately there’s a lot of his supporters that are reliant on social programs to such an extent that if he tanks Ocare without a suitable replacement, it’s going to hurt bad. If you wake up one day and can’t buy your meds anymore, you’re not going to accept Trump pushing the blame onto Dems as easily when Republicans control every branch of govt.

The biggest downside of this cycle for the GOP is a lack of a fall guy. That’s why they’re pushing this “Ermahgerd the mediaaaaa” card already. They understand (unlike some) that the media doesn’t actually have power (apart from the power you let them have) when it comes to making laws when you’re up against complete control by 1 party so they’re starting early to get the thought in people’s minds that somehow this isn’t the GOPs fault.

1 Like

Agree, this remains incredible.

If the ACA still exists come late 2019 (which seems like a remote possibility, but then again, who knows) it will be interesting to see what the Republicans are saying at that time. I mean, this was, like, THE biggest Republican talking point for the last couple years. If they got control, Day One repeal and replacement of Obamacare. Now they have it, and there’s nothing standing in their way, well, except for the fact that they didn’t actually have a passable replacement ready to go.

If that’s the case (ACA is still the law, no repeal/replacement by 2019) I suspect they would pivot and try to claim credit for keeping it, saying that they listened to their constituents. It would be hilarious see the R’s claiming credit for the ACA after half a decade of calling it an epic disaster.

Which I think is the biggest problem the GOP is facing in upcoming elections. This historic % of social program folks that jumped on the GOP wagon put them in such a lose lose scenario when it comes to basically all social programs.

It’s probably half the reason that Republicans are so royally shitting the bed with healthcare. Well that and having talked about it for ~7 years and forgetting to actually come up with a replacement.

AG…try the last 7-8 years…

1 Like