The Return of Muscle?

Guys- I have a little confession to make. I’m coming back to you all ready to be flamed and razed…

I have done a piss poor job of training and working out over the past 20 months. As I traveled for my job I spent a lot of time eating crappy food, chomping down Twizzlers, and swilling everything down with Coke. I only lifted on occasion. My T levels fell so low that I actually thought that Joey was falling for Rachel and truly loved her…not just that he wanted to bounce her head against the headboard a few times.

Well, now I’m done with that job and I have moved back to a situation which allows me to train on a regular basis. And this is where I need all of your help.

First…my biggest question is - Will I see quicker results simply because I used to be bigger or do I have to pour the same amount of work to get the same results as I did in the past.

Second…Is there a routine and/or diet that will help me get back into the swing of things faster than if I just simply lifted?

In great humility–

Cory

The Gym is like a great Ex-Girlfriend, she will always take you back, but she is going to make you pay with alot of pain!

Glad your back, hit it hard and stay strong!

Cory, there are plenty of programs to choose from. Just do a search of the T-Mag articles. It doesn’t matter what you do, you’re going to get great results and get them quickly.

Get those T levels back up with some Tribex. And don’t forget to get your diet dialed in. Lots of articles on nutrition, too.

Any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

You’re referring to “muscle memory”.

And to some extent, it does exist. But you still have to train smart (not just hard).

Check out the FAQ, there are links to ALOT of training programs there. And do as Tampa suggested, use the search engine and perform a search on T-Mag.

Corey089 -

I faced a similar situation about 14 months ago - I had slacked for 3 years, lived the college life, played rugby (and drank plenty afterwards) and generally became a slob.

I was 255 pounds, 5’9", bodyfat at 26%.

Fast forward to now, with a litle over a year of hard, and for the first time, smart training, 194 pounds, 13% bodyfat.

Godamn I feel good too.

All it takes is a good dose of hard work, research, and a drive towards nepotism - in moderation of course.

Poliquin recommended twice a day training with respect to muscle memory. So maybe you might want to give that a shot. Just a suggestion. If you doing twice aday training I myself think poliquin has had the best ideas on it. I know alot of his stuff is dated now. But this is one thing I think he did right. Ciao. :slight_smile: