T Nation

The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Yeah, can’t wait for John Wick 3: Parabellum. The trailer makes me sad to have to wait until summer. But then again, I’ve been extremely patient waiting for It: Chapter Two to premiere in September this year…7 months left!

I’d give it a 10/10 just for Johnny Knoxvillie dying with a hard on lol

No, seriously, it’s not John Wick. It has a few really brilliant moments but they are seperated by stuff that don’t add up to much. HOWEVER, I’m very game for a sequel and the potential is there for it to be really good if they keep the same director and cast, AND they’re not afraid to go over-the-top in the way this movie was hinting at.

I just watched The Grey. Oh God, it was so good. I thought it was just another action film when it first came out that’s why I skipped it. I WAS WRONG.

Getting back to You. I’m on episode 8 and I’m making my prediction on how this story line is going to shake out. I think Miss Super Cutiepie is also going to turn out to be a psychopathic serial killer. I’m probably wrong but that’s my call.

The end is pretty good, keep watching!

Cold Pursuit

I don’t know what to make of this piece of shit. It fails on every level. It’s not even an ambitious failure. It’s like a PG version of a Coen Brothers movie after a lobotomy. Waste of time and money.

Got a big laugh when all the hired guns were like " fuck this Shit"

Speaking of the Coen Brothers: have you seen The Ballad Of Buster Scaggs? (That might not be the right name, exactly)

I wish more high-profile critics would throw reviews like this into the papers.

I just finished You. Oh man…

Up thread I talked about another ten episode series called Bodyguard that was so good but fizzled at the end. You does not fizzle.

Dear TN family, You is a must watch on Netflix!

Cockblockers

Very funny, raunchy comedy. If you identify with the kids you probably think the movie is stupid as the kids are fairly one-dimensional and only there to act as a foil for the adults. If you identify with the adults the movie is a 7.5/10.

I’m about 20 minutes into a star is born and I’m wondering if I can hold my breath long enough to pass out or die.

You can hold it long enough to pass out but then you just start breathing again so you can’t die. You might be able to give yourself the tiniest bit of brain damage if that’s of any consolation.

Might be worth it

I liked Star is Born, by the way.

Not yet. Is it good?

Yeah I really liked it. If you like the Coen Brothers then you’ll like it. It’s a very Coen Brothersy Coen Brothers film.

Ok I’ll go watch it.

I’ll piggy back on Yogi’s rec for Ballard of Buster Scaggs - it’s enjoyable with some genuinely very good comedic bits. If you like the Coen’s stuff you’ll most likely like it.

Yep. Watched it last night too. Interesting takes on some classic plots and moralities. I didn’t really know what to expect, which is great. Seemed long by the play count but was very easy to watch.