T Nation

The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

I also re-watched Altered Carbon, Lieutenant Ortega :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I enjoyed the hell out of that show. I’m watching The Expanse, in an attempt to capture some of that Altered Carbon feel…it isn’t quite doing it for me, not enough sex and gore haha

Ya, I’ve been looking for something else too!

I’m still a season behind in West World so I might give that another try. I thought season one was pretty good.

Season 2 of Altered Carbon is supposed to be out next year with Anthony Mack as the Kovacs.

you can have her… Ill take Kovacs sister! DAMN

dichen

She’s a smoke stack too

Yeah!!!

She inspired a couple of “You shut up or we aren’t watching this anymore” moments from the wife. I don’t even know why.

I like all three, especially JJ. I think Krysten Ritter is perfect for the role but when they did the season combining all four into one, I was appalled by her acting.

I started watching a show called You on Netflix. It’s disturbingly good.

The lead girl is super cute and lovable despite being a total sperm receptacle. I think the leading guy’s character is probably modeled after Ted Bundy.

My girlfriend loved that show! I don’t know about NetFlix, I thought it came on Lifetime network.

I made another attempt to watch the entirety of Alien without falling asleep. I’ll probably try again in a couple of years.

As much as I liked Prometheus I do the same thing.

Started watching season 3 of True Detective 2 days ago. Knew the season hasn’t wrapped up so the wife and I made the decision to watch 1 episode (8 episodes in the season) each night…FAIL.

Watched the 7 that are out within 2 nights. Damn good season though! Of course, the first season was perfect and can’t be beat, but this is a much better story than the shitty 2nd season with colon feral.

So, I watched season 1 of Baki on Netflix over the weekend. After watching several episodes of Devilman and wondering what the fuck I was doing with my life… Baki restored some of my faith in anime (note I’m not an anime buff like some, but I do watch it from time to time).

It was a quick, but solid Netlfix adaptation that was pretty weird at time (like a lot of manga adaptations), but had some interesting fight scenes and enough blood and gore to overcome the boring narration and unnecessary and awkward love scenes with Baki’s girlfriend.

Worth watching if you like anime and are bored.

I told you to watch Amon first…

I can still hear “DEvvvvvilman” in the thickest Japanese accent in my head.

Polar on Netflix definitely deserves a watch. I think someone already mentioned this netflix film…like a Russian John Wick. Except with more tits and ass.

Polar’s worth a watch but the John Wick movies are several leagues above it.

I think @flappinit called it an enjoyable 4/10, which seems about right. I know it’s comic book based, but the caricature bad guys are hard to take. Mads is fun to watch and there are some good scenes, but Polar relates to John Wick as figure 8 racing relates to Formula 1.

I stumbled across some YouTube videos of the training Keanu Reeves puts in to do these John Wick movies -seriously impressed!

Not the fluffy kind of “training” videos you usually see. Lots of skilled hard work.

Of course. Keaaaanuuuuu is tha man!