The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

I’m aware that it happens online and professional critics don’t have the balls to give it a bad rating(which makes them worthless and they should fucking leave their jobs). Does this happen IRL?

Not at my age…But I know my oldest has gotten heat for it at his college from a few guys that he knows.

1 Like

That sucks. I mean, I may withhold criticism if I’m among friends of the race involved out of courtesy/respect if the cultural significance of the movie is important to them but to be labelled a racist for criticizing it objectively is absurd.

2 Likes

For some reason I think people cant separate the two.

2 Likes

The way I see it is if it cannot be criticized negatively as a movie because of it’s cultural and racial significance, then it cannot be praised as a movie either. It should be put into another category altogether, which also means it should not be nominated nor competing for movie awards. What would be the point? If it doesn’t win, you’re racist. If it wins, it only did because people are afraid to be called racist. The only one who wins is the studio that will profit.

3 Likes

@anon50325502

I’ve found zep’s favorite movie!

1 Like

Lol, what the fuck did I just watch…

1 Like

Work from a visionary director. Change that will leave you and your dying ideology swept away in the gutter.

2 Likes

See the problem when film critics aren’t objective? Now I’m suspicious of the real quality of a movie when I see it get a very high score.

Fuck it. I’m just gonna watch Aquaman.

3 Likes

Just saw Instant Family at the theatre, was really good I thought, some funny parts in it, maybe don’t let the kids watch it tho. It’s clean for the most part.

Aquaman

I don’t know if this is supposed to be what the comics are like but it was too over-the-top for me. It’s pure, utter visual overload. I’m talking about thousands of CGI sharks and seahorses vs crab people and bigass crabs with Dolph Lundgren riding a fucking seahorse. It’s too loud, too messy and too long for me to handle

What was good was:

1. Like Wonder Woman, it’s not ashamed to be a superhero movie. The heroes actually look, and act heroic. Because Zack Snyder didn’t direct this.

2. You really love the lead characters. Because a good director made this, not Zack Snyder. There’s an actual hero’s journey, though rather thinly written and almost obscured by the amount of spectacle, for Aquaman and it’s pulled off pretty well.

3. The fight scenes on land were pretty awesome. And even with all the massive CGI stuff, there is actually an attempt to immerse the audience in what’s going on and not sinply treat them as spectators watching a bigass CGI spectacle. Because Zack Snyder didn’t direct this.

4. Nicole Kidman is sooo hot. So fucking hot…

Overall, it’s not a bad movie. I think younger audiences will love it. Old farts probably won’t.

Let’s put it this way. It’s kind of what I was afraid Infinity War would end up like. But Infinity War was much better written and executed. Which is why Infinity War should win Best Picture. So, again, fuck you critics. And fuck the Golden Globes.

3 Likes

@dt79

Have you seen “The Interpreter”? I dislike Sean Penn, but I think that’s my favorite Nicole Kidman movie.

2 Likes

No, but I’ll probably check it out. Does she prance around in a skintight bodysuit?

Hah.

Nicole has that vulnerability thing going, where you spend the entire movie imaginary-spooning her…

Seriously, she’s still beautiful, but it’s that kind of poised right at the edge before the decline type of beauty that makes you know you’re about to become very sad at what is going, going…

For the record, I hate botox, fake boobs, etc. so Nicole no longer does it for me. But I’ve seen some random live type of stuff with her, and she seems like a really likable person. (don’t tell me otherwise if I’m wrong LOL!)

1 Like

Give Zero fucks about seeing that movie

I know this a movie thread But has anyone watched this show on Netflix? OH MY FUCKING GOD!! I was laughing so hard I was in tears on certain parts.

happy%20net

4 Likes

Yeah but I’m one of the few people* who liked the Transformers movies (1, 2, 3) so I’ll probably take a chance on it like I did for part 4 and 5.

*Bullshit! Most people are lying!:

3 Likes

I watched that! I liked it too

1 Like

Happy was brilliant

1 Like

Saw overlord. I really liked the film, was action packed, kept me at the edge of my seat from start to end. Nice gore effects, the plot had been done before (Frankenstein’s army) however this film was significantly better excecuted… And wasn’t a fucking found footage film either.