The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Silence 2016

If you don’t believe that men are not created equal, fuck you. Look at Scorsese. His level of talent is terrifying. 9.5/10

1 Like

A Simple Favor

@dchris, @anon50325502

You guys have to watch this. It’s yet another great leap forward for women in film, displaying how a team of strong, independant and empowered females like Paul Feig can craft an oscar worthy piece of art. A movie beyond reproach! Every single member of the crew who isn’t male should get an oscar! What? There isn’t a category for Best Location Manager? Create one! Or you hate women, you sexist pigs!

You go gals! 10/10.

No, really, you need to see Anna Kendrick in this. Her cuteness level is turned up to 11. ELEVEN!

2 Likes

Not really a movie, but someone convinced me to watch Cobra Kai on YouTube red and it is fantastic. I was expecting a campy remake and got thoughtful and entertaining commentary on modern culture. In particular it’s an interesting exploration of masculine ideals. It’s a good deal darker than the original source material and that lets it really explore some interesting characters. Practically every character is well developed in interesting and nuanced ways. This is the continuation that Star Wars deserved and never got.

My one complaint is that there doesn’t need to be a second season. The compulsion to make every show lead into a second season means that nothing can ever be brought to a good ending.

1 Like

Let the past die, Comrade.

Will be checking out Cobra Kai.

All the money in the world. Loved it !!
Mark whalbergg whhahhlllburg is such husband material its unbelievable

Saw The Predator. Solid, I’d rank it up there right behind the original and the Rodriguez reboot.

Highlights (no major spoilers): “Get to the choppers”; “One beautiful motherfucker”; “Fuck me in the mouth with an aardvark.” (might’ve been “fuck my face with an aardvark”, I don’t recall exactly.); and Gary Busey Jr.

Lowlights: Some terrible editing that leaves out big chunks of time that have you going “Wait, how’d he get over there? And where’d the dog go?” One particular poorly edited/dimly lit shot of a major character’s death, to the point that it took about 10 minutes of not seeing him to realize “Oh, I guess he… died??”

Also, possible-minor-spoiler, Olivia Munn is basically superwoman who can do all things and is a strong independent woman that don’t need no man saving her. Just felt very forced that they were making her a ridiculously self-sufficient female character when it didn’t suit the role.

Despite all that, enjoyable overall and I feel like it’s getting unnecessarily trashed by critics.

1 Like

@Yogi1 guess what movie I watched !

It was amazing

Hunt For The Wilderpeople???

1 Like

Yes I loved it !!! I didnt know it was done by the thor director, he’s awesome ! And sam Neil!!

Finally someone watched it! It’s such a good movie. That fat kid’s chat is immense.

Shit just got real!

He did another really good movie called What We Do In The Shadows.

1 Like

Mandy

Nicolas Cage plays a nice, reclusive guy who will lie on the bed and stare into his wife’s eyes AFTER sex and ask her, “How was your day.”

Cult of Hippie Jesus Freaks on a perpetual acid trip invades their home because the leader covets his wife. She laughs at him because he has a small dick and he sets her on fire. I’m not making this up.

Then Nicolas Cage goes NUTS, does his greatest movie freak out in years, forges his own BATTLE AXE and starts to hunt them down. I’m still not making this up.

And this was the boring part of the movie. It is shot like an arthouse flick. Imagine a movie like The Witch as an 80’s slasher/revenge flick on an acid trip. I’m really not making this up.

The first 1/2 hour really tests your patience. If you can make it past that point(I almost couldn’t), it’s all hilarious mayhem from there with some of the greatest Nicolas Cage freak outs ever put on film.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if someone has covered it

Slenderman

What an absolute fucking waste of time that shit was
I was in my final year of school when the whole shit storm of Slenderman first came out, with that little game you played on PC with the flashlight trying to escape… and they were 7 years too late to the scene with the movie
But the whole cinematography just made me ill
Shaking the camera, stupid and useless frames, the storyline was weak, and went from 0-100 then back down to 0 again with no reason

I’m going to have to check that out.

1 Like

that is definitely getting watched. You should review movies for a living.

3 Likes

You’re very kind. But I know my writing sucks. I’m just posting my views on movies since I don’t talk about them much in real life unless I meet up with old friends who share the same interest. And definitely not with my wife as she refers to Charles Bronson in Death Wish 3 as “That wicked man!”.

That’s the literal definition of a movie review.

Nope. Your style of writing about movies is engaging and refreshing. I have a bachelor’s degree in the writing field and have read lots of reviews from many genres. Your style of reviewing movies is unique, and that in a good way.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll take your word for it lol. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

As evidence for my claim, look at how many people want to and do see movies based on your reviews. The proof is in the watching.

2 Likes

I second this. While discussing what to watch I pulled up the post on Mandy and read it to my wife.

Mandy is now bookmarked.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

2 Likes