The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

You sicken me!

Emily Clarke is a babe, and she doesn’t mind getting her gear off in front of a camera. She is alright by me.

You have prob heard it a thousand times, but do yourself a favour Dt and binge watch GoT.

1 Like

I tried years ago but I couldn’t make it past the first 2 episodes lol. I’ll probably just watch the episodes with her in them and do a lot of fast forwarding.

1 Like

You… I… Um.

I don’t think I should talk to you anymore… Probably best for both of us. It’s not me, it’s you.

*shakes head incredulously gif

3 Likes

I broke my own ‘no comic book movies’ rule yesterday and saw it with the missus. A little gory for my taste, but overall we both enjoyed it very much. I give it three Pikachus, or whatever.

Also, I was impressed by how jacked Josh Brolin was. (Of course, he’s a youngster, so that makes it easier.)

Finally saw Black Panther. Definitely liked it, although Michael B. Jordan is just an unconvincing actor in general. I enjoyed Creed, for what it’s worth, but I have a soft spot for all things Rocky, and he was pretty much the same in that. I just…didn’t believe him. Besides that, solid movie all around.

Went into Solo with pretty low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. All round pretty fun movie with some decent scenes although the Kessel run was meh.

Alden Eldritch or whatever his name is didn’t do a hammed up Harrison Ford impression which was probably a good thing, although it did mean that without the millennium falcon and Chewy this could’ve been a movie about any smuggler in the star wars galaxy.

Conversely Donald Glover did a pretty good job impersonating classic Lando. There’s some weird controversy floating around about him being portrayed as pansexual but anyone who has a genuine issue with that is really reaching for something to get pissed about.
spoiler Short of his female droid buddy making a joke about how he loves her and “it could work” nothing like that was mentioned.

1 Like

I think Deadpool 2 will have a lot of mixed reactions. I couldn’t stand so much breaking of the 4th wall and Deadpool was improvising his lines so much trying to be funny he just got irritating. The shifts in tone didn’t work because of this. The only part where I seriously loled was the racial joke about karma at the end.

That’s why you have to watch THE WINTER SOLDIER!!! Everyone agrees it’s awesome lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I think the writer should have kept his mouth shut until after they make enough money from dvd release. I didn’t like Glover’s performance(we gotta agree to disagree lol) but I didn’t see any hint of him being pansexual or anything to that extent in the movie.

Watched Deadpool 2 tonight. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

I did like how it had the fat kid from The Hunt For The Wilderpeople which none of you assholes watched even though I told you how great it was.

1 Like

I rented it on iTunes just because of the thread ,but for some reason my iTunes rentals don’t work and all I saw was a black screen .
I got a refund though so ya…

But I can’t really partake in this thread anymore since my rentals are forever black screens and I usually only watch movies that way.

I watched Truth or Dare. I deeply regret it.

Wake up and smell the Netflix, Spocky.

1 Like

She’s a goddess

Champion (Korea 2017)

This was really good. Starring the MMA dude from Train to Busan. Very little melodrama despite the overall theme being about family and getting up when life smacks you down.

I had downtime (and insomnia due to being about 10 time zones off from home) and saw Solo.

It’s actually awesome. Very much in the Space Western genre. Gritty, fun, lots of good action, not too preachy/serious. Great acting.

My ranking of Star Wars movies is now:

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. Solo
  3. Rouge 1
  4. New Hope (the original)
  5. Return of the Jedi
  6. The Last Jedi

Tied for last – all the rest of them.

1. All the rest

Interesting. Based on your rankings, I might have to go see Solo. I hadn’t even considered seeing it, but if you liked Rogue One better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi it seems we are on the same page in terms of Star Wars movies.

Jurassic World 2

Meh. Didn’t like it. The story was awful. The characters sucked. I wanted to see everyone except for Star Lord get eaten by the T-Rex. The worst part is they tried to turn it into a survival horror flick in a big ass mansion. Spieldberg may have pulled it off. This director isn’t Spieldberg.

1 Like

10 Cloverfield Lane…good film, very suspenseful…the only thing is…THE ENDING…could have been a bit more subtle as opposed to two different films sandwiched together. 8/10.

Solo was WAY better than I had expected. They did a terrible job of advertising this. The trailers basically just said “Here’s some Star Wars shit about Han Solo. We know you are going to watch it because it’s Star Wars, so screw you.”

This is disappointing.

The director directed this film-

And it is one of my favorite movies.

I wonder if Del Toro’s influence was greater than expected.