The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Really very good. I think you’d like it a lot.

1 Like

Black Panther 7.5/10

One of the better superhero movies. Did anyone catch the fact that Wakanda will be erecting a social outreach center at the site of the abandoned housing project? I think that’s the perfect set-up for the sequel, when a developer tries to raze it to build a shopping mall.

Black Panther 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 Likes

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Perfect movie, imagine Hardcore Henry meets Spy Kids.

9/10

1 Like

A Quiet Place - Pretty damn good. Not really a horror movie; more of a thriller. As promised, I took my wife to see this movie. She does not like horror movies, but she liked this movie a lot. Very intense in spots. The sound dynamics are very effective. Everyone in the theater reacted to loud sounds the same way the onscreen characters did.

“The Emily Blunt Scene” is goddamned ridiculous. I might have held my breath for 5 minutes straight.

8.5/10

2 Likes

I honestly wasn’t a fan for a few reasons. There were too many plot holes, I’m not going to go into detail because I don’t want to give spoilers

Saw the way way back, very good film

Just went to see Super Troopers 2.

I loved the 1st one and this one did not disappoint either. Funny lines and a simple plot made for really easy watching.

2 Likes

Watched Dirty Grandpa…not the kinda film I’d normally watch, but it had a heart in a fucked-up kinda way & delivered some sizeable lols too - 7/10

Yeah once a week.

1 Like

Downsizing: 7/10 and 4/10.

Why two scores, you ask? Because it was two different movies. The second half (starting with the decision to go to Norway (not a spoiler!)) was like a different movie entirely and not in a good way.

I used to go to the theaters once a week.

Now I avoid them because I’ve realized that I don’t actually enjoy watching films with a bunch of other people. I would continue going if I had the time to go on the weekdays and in the mornings, when you can expect very few people to be there.

1 Like

Finally saw Last Jedi. I’m not sure why all the hate? I thought it was fine. Not amazing, but not trash either.

Troll :joy:

No, seriously. There was stuff I didn’t like, but I thought it was fine.

I think that’s why the hate exists. It received way too much praise for what it is. Kinda like Black Panther, except Black Panther lived up to some of the hype IMO.

I used to go 2-3x a month. Don’t have the time now. It’s the best way to see a movie IMO.

2 Likes

Ya, I guess I can see that.

I had no real problems with it as a non-Star Wars fan. Just couldn’t stand the fat Asian chick.

Someone was upset enough to do this:

And it’s pretty good lol.

1 Like

Being able to watch and enjoy a movie for what it is, and letting go what it is not, is really a gift in my opinion.

1 Like

As long as you don’t think about the technology plot holes too much (and frankly that’s true of most science fiction and Star Wars in particular), The Last Jedi isn’t trash. It trashes the original trilogy heroes. Most people who spent 35 years liking those heroes finds their new characterization disturbing. If you didn’t care about them, then that’s irrelevant.

To top it off, none of the new heroes are particularly compelling. Most of Poe’s screen time is spent knocking him down a peg in ways that don’t exactly make sense. Finn and Rey are rather boring on their own. One of the strengths of TFA was the interactions between the 3 and they actually get very little interaction. The fat asian (chick?) is fat.

Ya… I grew up on the original trilogy. We used to play Star Wars Monopoly and Star Wars Trivial Pursuit (is that still a game)… I love the original trilogy. I don’t see how the Last Jedi trashes the trilogy heroes at all?

The only real head scratcher for me was the explanation for why Luke pulled his lighsaber on Ben. I did think that was out of character for him. Otherwise, I thought his character was fine.

Idk, I just think people’s expectations were way too high for this and the one before it.

I don’t necessarily agree, but I can see that. I thought the interaction between Ben and Rey was decent. I would have liked to see more Finn & Rey. As far as Poe goes, the obvious point was for him to become “a leader” not just a fighter. I assume he’ll take on more of a command role in future films much like Han in Return of the Jedi.

They wasted Snoke, imo.