The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

It’s a completely different film. There’s no way to compare them. This is a musical made to entertain a mass audience. It’s a million times better than that fucking Les Miserables movie though. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to let Russell Crowe sing should be shot.

Sorry for the dumb question. But it was worth it to learn the detail that the film is a Musical.

No, it’s not dumb. I was surprised to find out it was a musical myself. I think the producers were afraid to market it that way because of the failure of Les Miserables. In fact, the marketing sucked. Supposedly, it started out with low box office earnings that actually increased a week after it’s release, which I’m guessing is due to positive word of mouth.

Black Panther
Fun, good movie. The overall story was very cliche tho, Like the typical hero arc, etc.
If ya got the time, go see it.

1 Like

Extremely cliche lol. I didn’t like the movie very much but the fact that The Black Panther’s sister was a 9/10 on the cuteness scale was probably worth the price of admission.

Just wanna ask. Is it just me or were several of the action scenes a little incoherent?

I agree.

I’m still fairly excited for infinity war tho!

1 Like

I’m so sick of super hero movies. Is this one political at all? I just can’t see myself sitting through a super hero movie with an agenda.

1 Like

Its got the typical political agenda most mainstream movies have now a days.
I wouldnt see its screaming that tho.,

Just slightly political…

1 Like

So, my wife dutifully Red Boxed (hey, I verbed Red Box!) Blade Runner 2049. We both had the plot pegged half-way into it, but man… People kept raving about this flick. It probably didn’t help that I was on the third day of less than 6 hours of interrupted sleep, and was nodding within 20 minutes. But I was actually bored. I liked the original. This sequel was just WAY too artsy for either of us.

Really enjoyed Black Panther this weekend. Tried to cram in all the relevant Marvel movies beforehand in one long bingefest. Started with Avengers, made it through Ultron before endurance ran out. Going to watch Winter Soldier and Civil War this week.

I was a little nervous that BP would be like one long Ta-nehisi Coates interview. But I think “the message” in the end is one that most folks would be okay with.

I was surprised it didn’t tie in more with Infinity War coming up. I was expecting that the soul gem would have been brought in. Unless the special herb in the movie had a connected with the Gem.

wakanda

Haha :joy::joy: good movie btw if u like captain America yull dig it

I saw Black Panther yesterday. I thought it was ok, but I think I’m getting sick of comic book movies in general. I haven’t really liked one since Civil War. It’s to the point where I’m not sure why I keep going to see them.

3 Likes

I like comic book movies – correction Marvel comic book movies (Wonder Woman was good for DC).

I saw Black Panther yesterday. It’s a solid B+, probably wait for Netflix, rating.

It was a bit too long, a little political, and just not very original. Spiderman Homecoming, the recent Thor, and Deadpool are all hands-down superior. This is in Doctor Strange territory. I am not sure what the hype is about.

The girl was cute, I concur. But every superhero movie has at least one hot girl.

If the goal is a black superhero, “Luke Cage” on Netflix is far superior.

Watched Wind River last night, one of the better movies I’ve seen in quite some time.

Three billboards outside Ebbing. Fantastic film, one of the best I’ve seen in the last year.

Wakanda?! Sounds way too much like:

Wachootoo!

Saw a strange movie called Trash Fire the other day, was pretty good, darkly funny. Has one of the guys from entourage in it.